• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Competition & Teaser Thread
12-25-2013, 12:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013, 12:10 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: The Competition & Teaser Thread
Yeah, the C quality would make Kursk more likely. I'd expect most Heer Panzer divisions to still be B at this time at the least.

Also Xaver: LSSAH was at the Mius, I had forgotten about it as I thought Wiking and Das Reich fought there, so it could be the fight for the Mius, with either larger scenarios covering the Soviet attack and the German counterattack, or a campaign.

http://www.thegermanwarmachine.com/waffe...front.aspx

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.p...5&t=111743

The Germans also had plenty of bunkers in the area, as can be seen in the demo.

It does seem peculiar to release a Mius title over 2 years after the release of the demo.

I would be interested in a Mius title, provided the situation where German tanks simply demolish Soviet tank units like in some other titles doesn't appear.
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2013, 12:25 AM,
(12-24-2013, 09:41 PM)Strela Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 10:38 AM)Richie61 Wrote: I think the Panther was used at hill 230.1.

Just for Richie61.

Yes, Panthers are an option in the OB....

[Image: fd94ed62a1Panther.png]

Nice! I hope the Bergepanther unit is getting paid by the hour LOL
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
12-25-2013, 02:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2013, 11:19 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Then again, if these are just oob possibilities for those who create scenarios, this could be just about anything. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this with all the country options like in Steel Panthers and eventually the same for a Modern version as well.
12-26-2013, 08:24 PM,
Well i read Nipe book and only 2nd "das Reich" and 3rd "Totemkopf" SS divisions where on Mius battle, for me with the clue of LSSAH and the comander point only 3 options, or Kharkov or Kursk or Zhitomir, and for me with the unit art i think more in a cold period, this discard for me Kurks BUT the wehrmacht C quality panthers is Dont Know and Kharkov... the Sdkfz 251 D appear in april-may when the LSSAH leave a lot of time ago the action to rest.

I know that i am not going to win i am more interested in know when, specially when the competition doesnt have a time limit Big Grin
12-27-2013, 04:51 AM,
Xaver: Totenkopf and Das Reich did the actual fighting, but LSSAH was initially redeployed to the Donbas area. The sources confused me for a moment, but in theory it could be possible for LSSAH to arrive as reinforcements that withdraw shortly afterwards, provided the map extends in the direction of Izyum.
12-27-2013, 09:28 PM,
Well, i know this is an option but to be the first title in a serie i expect a less "secondary" aproximation and use a more central battle, this is why i think in LSSAH as a main actor, if they use it only in what if or as late reinforcement from a distant front... could be a very unfair clue to the competition, why not use LSSAH in a what if invasion USA 1943???

Maybe for a competition use clues from the other side... rare but i dont see a west title here ummmm.
12-28-2013, 01:35 AM,
For all we know, it could be a new version of Campaign Series. It could end up being Panzer Battles East Front with West Front or it could just be Panzer Battles: WW2 with a bunch of scenarios and a random battle generator of size of your choice like in CS. Maybe a post ww2 coming after with the ability to fight battles with any country you choose like in Steel Panthers. But we get the actual units rather than a point base to buy generic units. A way to fight a random battle where you choose the actual unit rather than generic ones would be cool if one could choose any unit without opp knowing what it is until contact is made unless it was agreed ahead of time that it would be inf vs inf or tk vs tk or whatever. Or having x amount of points to purchase actual units that you could get from different areas like you have enough points to buy 1SSF, 506th Para Rgt and 442 Inf Rgt for your combat pleasure. It would just be very nice to have the actual units rather than generic no matter what you buy or in what part of ww2 you are in. It would be great to cover the entire war years like CS rather than individual battles like PzCs. Either way, if it is good, it is going to sell.
12-28-2013, 09:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013, 09:59 PM by Xaver.)
I know what you want say but i serious doubt we can see a sandbox game, in part because this could mean sell 2-3 titles only (apart modern versions and if i remember well matrix doesnt release yet the "refit" "Divided grounds" and Vietnam game).

Out of busines model i dont see the title as a generic east front title because the OOB we can see in the pic is excesive detailed for me this means an OOB like in PzC/MC/Nap etc etc, OOBs to cover a certain situation in time and space, not a generic OOB to cover a full war like SP or campaigns engines.

A modernized version of Campaigns is a good point but i doubt see one out of the matrix versions.

Now the question is when? year is close to the end... the hope to see a true game this year is smaller but is present hehehe.
12-29-2013, 12:46 AM,
I don't expect it to be a new version of CS either. I fully expect it to be like PzCs and SBs with titles in different areas. If it is a good game, and there is no reason to doubt that it is, it will sell no matter which way they set it up. At least one copy for sure. :)
12-29-2013, 02:52 AM,
(12-29-2013, 12:46 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I don't expect it to be a new version of CS either. I fully expect it to be like PzCs and SBs with titles in different areas. If it is a good game, and there is no reason to doubt that it is, it will sell no matter which way they set it up. At least one copy for sure. :)

From the FAQ (that has not been made public yet....)

Is Panzer Battles an update of John Tillers Campaign Series?

Panzer Battles is a new simulation series that is designed to fit between Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns and uses many features of both. It is built on the Panzer Campaigns engine with Squad Battles features as well as new routines to reflect this scale. Many of Panzer Battle’s individual features are laid out in the FAQ answers below.

John Tillers Campaign Series covered multiple hypothetical engagements in a campaign format. Panzer Battles covers a specific battle in depth.