• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Loading problem ?
12-15-2013, 01:55 AM,
Loading problem ?
Anyone else experience this problem? Once in a while when I launch CMBN, when the map screen opens up the camera view is possessed --- it either jumps up to the maximum overhead view, or it moves backwards as far as it will go, or it begins spinning around on one point. None of the view controls can override the problem -- trying to lock the view on one unit, using the A/W/D/S view controls, etc etc. When this problem occurs it usually requires several cycles of quitting the game program and re-starting, sometimes as many as a dozen times.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this, and if there is a solution for it.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 05:43 AM,
RE: Loading problem ?
Nope, i didn't experienced anything remotely similar. Are you on a mac or windows?
Send this user an email
12-15-2013, 06:02 AM,
Windows.

The first 8 or 10 times the view spun to the right uncontrollably. Lately it has branched out and now pulls back to the 10 miles overheard view, or pulls back off the map edge as though I was holding down the S key.

No biggie just irritating sometimes.

"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
12-15-2013, 05:04 PM,
Try from Settings-> Ati Left Click Compatibility to turn it on/off and see if the problem persists.
Send this user an email
12-16-2013, 01:03 PM,
I'll take a guess that this is the mouse edge camera control feature kicking your ass. I hate it, hate it I say. The stupid things that you describe happen to me once per day. Grrr.

Here is what happens. BFC have a feature where if you place the mouse at the edge of the screen at the bottom the camera moves backwards, at the edge at the top makes the camera move forwards. Placing the camera at the left or right edges makes it go left or right. And here is the really nasty part. If you put the mouse in the upper left corner the camera will spin to the left ditto with the upper right.

You are probably suffering from the crazy mouse camera feature. I actually lobbied on the BFC forums to ask for the feature to be removed. But people love it and Steve himself uses that as his primary camera control method. For me it just causes sudden uncontrolled fights across the map. What kills me is how fast it moves the camera - it seem to be way faster than the key board or the mouse drag methods.

Next time it happens pay attention to where your mouse is on screen and move it back towards the centre. If I am right that will stop the insanity but then you have to get back to the battle field.