• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bunker Busting and armor
12-17-2013, 06:11 AM,
RE: Bunker Busting and armor
Excellent advice Dog Soldier! The advice on this thread has been helpful, but I hadn't considered assaulting as a stack.

When you discuss the "60% and 56% bump," are you referring to the difference between the units' soft attack and assault values?
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 02:44 PM,
(12-17-2013, 06:11 AM)Caiussulla Wrote: When you discuss the "60% and 56% bump," are you referring to the difference between the units' soft attack and assault values?

Yes, you have the right idea.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-28-2013, 02:12 AM,
Do you guys alter these tactics when using the Volcano Man scenarios? I've found that these tactics haven't worked very well for me because the average infantry unit has a very low hard attack value. Thus, I'm not inflicting large numbers of casualties or fatigue, and defending units can really hold on for a long time.
12-28-2013, 06:04 AM,
(12-28-2013, 02:12 AM)Caiussulla Wrote: Do you guys alter these tactics when using the Volcano Man scenarios? I've found that these tactics haven't worked very well for me because the average infantry unit has a very low hard attack value. Thus, I'm not inflicting large numbers of casualties or fatigue, and defending units can really hold on for a long time.

In a lot of his mods Infantry has zero hard attack and artillery is a low lower too so you have to do it another way. Thankfully the armor and AT hard attack values are typically higher.

If you have overwhelming odds you can sometime assault a disruption on the defender by usually you have to shoot them disrupted first and remember don't waste any time assaulting. The last thing you want is to FINALLY get the disruption but have no one to assault and they recover in their turn :)