• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

some thoughts and points
12-18-2013, 09:02 AM,
RE: some thoughts and points
You can always use the scenario editor instead of purchasing units in a quick battle, it's a little more work to start a game but it solves the rarity issue. As long as you and your opponent can agree on parameters.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 10:51 AM,
(12-18-2013, 06:53 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: 5x Shermans = 1100 pts

For the same amount you can (roughly) buy:
a) 3 Panthers
b) 4 Stugs

I don't think there are many players out there who would choose b over a, and i guess this says it all.

Very nice, and my point exactly. BBrus and I are using the house rules but adding in the same restriction for cats to 76mm tanks.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-19-2013, 12:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013, 12:14 AM by A Canadian Cat.)
(12-18-2013, 09:02 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: solves the rarity issue.

You can actually set the rarity to none and it removes the rarity budget from consideration.

(12-18-2013, 06:53 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I don't think there are many players out there who would choose b over a, and i guess this says it all.

That is so right. Probably the best phrased statement showing how wonky this is. In fact I suggest you start a thread on the BFC forum on this topic. Or if you don't have time for that I will - just say the word :)
12-19-2013, 12:36 AM,
Actually,i did a while ago:

http://ftp2.battlefront.com/community/sh...hp?t=99266
Send this user an email
12-19-2013, 05:01 AM,
I see that your post received lots attention from BFC - not. OK waste of time - I'll get back to playing instead.

Still it is a bummer and very odd that a less capable vehicle costs less than a more capable one.