• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

? on Fulda Gap '85 and other HPS games
11-06-2013, 11:33 PM,
RE: ? on Fulda Gap '85 and other HPS games
I should clarify that in a couple of scenarios the icons are not missing but instead do not show up on the screen correctly. The stock display for a unit is replaced with a much smaller version of the military symbol for armor, infantry, etc.

I am away from the game at the moment but two scenarios that come to mind are 'Falaise' from Normandy '44 and 'Germany1b' from NGP '85. Both, IIRC, were not stock scenarios but DL from one of the sites that offer additional scenarios. Maybe from here or possibly the HPS sim site.

I do have one scenario from Normandy that has no icons at all, but just the map. That is 'Cobra'. Again, it is not one of the stock scenarios.

Thanks for your help
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 01:20 PM,
It appears that there is missing artwork for specific units, which will typically show the military unit symbol for the type but not the unit itself. The unit art images may be from a different download, or may not have unzipped correctly into the various nationality unit image areas. Not sure what to suggest for those except to check the downlod files if possible - or you can copy existing images and rename to the missing unity type names so images are generated.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-05-2014, 06:12 AM,
Hello,

I have another set of questions, all related to Normandy '44:

1)What is the trick to getting a unit supplied? I have multiple stacks of British AVREs, Flails and Crocodiles that have been low on ammo/fuel for several days, even though I purposely moved them to within a hex of the 500 pt beach hex (I assume this is the nexus for all supplies coming ashore) which is well away from the front lines. Their morale, strength and fatigue levels have all returned to normal, and like I said they've been off the line for a while, yet there is no change in their status. Am I missing something?

2)related to the above question, what about units that suffer excessive morale loss? Again as above I have an infantry unit off the line for several days, fatigue is normal but has no morale.

3) There is an independent British artillery unit has come ashore on Juno beach that I can't get to fire at any targets. It is the 6th field artillery regiment assigned to 3rd AGRA. Every targeting order is refused on account of "target cannot be spotted by subordinate unit". So what unit(s) can spot for this arty? Can it be made subordinate to 3rd Canadian division?

Thanks for the help
01-05-2014, 08:45 AM,
1. I believe the HQ for these units doesn't come on for quite awhile. As a result, unless playing with explicit supply the units won't recover low fuel/ammo until it does - units must be within range of their HQ to get resupplied once they go low.

2. The unit with no morale must start out as D, I think? Or maybe E. Anyway, if a unit is low fuel/ammo it loses a step of morale, and other things can drop it also.

3. No idea, give it a try.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-05-2014, 07:54 PM,
3.Use it in the direct fire mode, place on a hill a few hexes away from those pesky inland bunkers.

Without checking the OOB I believe they arrive early ahead of the Corps, Divisions etc they are attached too = no spotters.
01-06-2014, 01:49 AM,
The one mistake I see you are making is playing against the ai and not playing by email. :) The ai just does not have the ability to change it's mind if something isn't working.
01-07-2014, 12:58 AM,
(01-05-2014, 07:54 PM)Lowlander Wrote: Without checking the OOB I believe they arrive early ahead of the Corps, Divisions etc they are attached too = no spotters.

Which is odd given that the allies receive numerous independent arty units and none, apart from this one, exhibit this bug.
01-07-2014, 01:31 AM,
(01-06-2014, 01:49 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: The one mistake I see you are making is playing against the ai and not playing by email. :) The ai just does not have the ability to change it's mind if something isn't working.

I agree the AI is a less than ideal opponent, but what I lose in intellectual challenge I more than make up with continuity and flow of the game.
01-07-2014, 01:45 AM,
(01-07-2014, 12:58 AM)Kingfish Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 07:54 PM)Lowlander Wrote: Without checking the OOB I believe they arrive early ahead of the Corps, Divisions etc they are attached too = no spotters.

Which is odd given that the allies receive numerous independent arty units and none, apart from this one, exhibit this bug.

No not one but two units, just a simple OOB mistake not a bug.
11-24-2014, 02:04 AM,
A few additional N44 related questions:

1) On several occasions I have had the divisional 4.2" mortar battalion of Commonwealth infantry divisions refuse an indirect fire order, even though the unit it is supporting is a battalion from the same division, within range of the target, and under command.

The error message I get is something along the lines of 'can only support units subordinate to that unit'. My understanding is these were divisional assets that could support any unit of that division, much like the heavier field artillery. Any idea of why this is?

2) How does one utilize the Aster artillery observation planes?

3) related to #2: How does one utilize the recon air assets? I notice a few units display attack values. Are theses intended to represent armed recon? If so, how do you get it to attack a target?

Thanks in advance