• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Status: Alive or Dead?
11-15-2013, 10:06 AM,
RE: CS Status: Alive or Dead?
(11-15-2013, 07:31 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: (1.) I find the time frame intriguing - especially the Middle East battles... and frankly, given the long development cycle for this game... my expectation is very high for an excellent game. Smile

The Middle East game of Modern Wars: Volume I (tentatitive title) is pretty well completed. With the exception of scenario tweaking based on some new features that berto has put together.

I'm very impressed with Middle East. It offers a lot of different type of scenarios as well, which is refreshing!

Vietnam is still being developed. Lots of scenarios still in the works, which are changing as the new features become present.

(11-15-2013, 07:31 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: (2.) I've been told that the CS 1.05 patch is prioritized below development and release of Modern Wars... so am really anxious for that game system to be released to free up additional resource for patch development.

Well, some relatively good news. With the addition of Berto to the team and his extremely appreciated talents, we have decided to release the 1.05/2.0 UPDATE prior to the release of Modern Wars.

At the moment we have a hard deadline for February 14th, 2014 to release the UPDATE. We'll release Modern Wars later that year.

Why February 14th? There is still testing going on with the new User Interface that Berto has created. The manual has to be updated and we're working on updating the graphics and oob's. Some of them are pretty bad (The UK leaves a lot to be desired, the more I am researching the organizations).

Like a lot of people have said, it's a long time coming and needs to be out the door as soon as we realistically can. That is Feburary 14th.

We are very active working on these. Very active indeed.

A big thanks to the team, they are amazing!
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2013, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 02:46 PM by junk2drive.)
I'd be happy with a 1.04.05 with just the window mode and additional buttons. I understand that that may not be possible.

I also think that splitting ME and VN into a base game and a later add on would allow some cash flow sooner.

By the way that is 90 days away.
11-15-2013, 05:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM by Crossroads.)
(11-15-2013, 05:14 AM)berto Wrote: Given that software is dynamic, always a work-in-progress and never quite bug-free, releases are inherently a damned-if-we-do/damned-if-we-don't proposition.

(11-15-2013, 10:06 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Well, some relatively good news. With the addition of Berto to the team and his extremely appreciated talents, we have decided to release the 1.05/2.0 UPDATE prior to the release of Modern Wars.

At the moment we have a hard deadline for February 14th, 2014 to release the UPDATE. We'll release Modern Wars later that year.

Why February 14th? There is still testing going on with the new User Interface that Berto has created. The manual has to be updated and we're working on updating the graphics and oob's.

The proverbial Rubicon has been crossed, the die has been cast !!!

(11-15-2013, 02:45 PM)junk2drive Wrote: By the way that is 90 days away.

For one who's waiting, 90 days can perhaps feel like an eternity. For us who are finishing the UPDATE, these 90 days presents us a quite intimidating deadline Whip

But we are committed to it, and working very hard to meet the February 14 deadline! Salute

(11-15-2013, 02:45 PM)junk2drive Wrote: I'd be happy with a 1.04.05 with just the window mode and additional buttons. I understand that that may not be possible.

I don't believe there are easy short cuts available, unfortunately. Internally, there's been a new patchlevel after patchlevel. Tearing it all apart to release a stripped version a month and a half earlier (as for a Christmas release) probably would not help at all.

(11-14-2013, 10:05 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: We are also preparing for the roll out of Blitz 3 - a Website that features a new infrastructure and interface for our members. It will replace our current Blitz Website. I'm sure this complete redesign, while not CS specific, will generate player feedback on the forums! Smile

This too!

(11-15-2013, 05:14 AM)berto Wrote: Anyway, to answer the question: CS, Alive or Dead? It's more alive, and healthier, than ever.

Hear hear! Mike, perhaps a further update on the thread title, as in italics above Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-15-2013, 10:57 PM,
(11-15-2013, 10:06 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Well, some relatively good news. With the addition of Berto to the team and his extremely appreciated talents, we have decided to release the 1.05/2.0 UPDATE prior to the release of Modern Wars.

Hey Jason: Smoke7

Excellent news! Big Grin

So, the line has been drawn in the sand... and February 14 is the date! Hat Hooray

I wish you and the Matrix development team all the best in reaching your goal! Lots of CS players are applauding your efforts and looking forward to the release of the 1.05 patch! Wave Hooray
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-16-2013, 12:45 AM,
(11-15-2013, 02:45 PM)junk2drive Wrote: I also think that splitting ME and VN into a base game and a later add on would allow some cash flow sooner.

Hey Paul: Smoke7

Excellent idea sir! Smile

Split Middle East and Vietnam into two separate base games... with later add ons as needed.

Price each base game separately... and hopefully at a lower retail price than a combined Middle East / Vietnam (Modern Wars) game system. Wink

Players can purchase the game and historical era they are most interested in... and Matrix Games can start receiving game sales quicker! A win-win!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-16-2013, 09:17 AM,
Good news about the 1.05 patch do you have a full list of what's being implemented and changed this time round yet.?

Sorry I will probably be passing on the forthcoming modern wars releases as they don't really interest me as gaming subject matter but as long as there is someone to play WWII CS against I will still be playing it nearly every day. Next Round
11-16-2013, 09:48 AM,
(11-16-2013, 09:17 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: Good news about the 1.05 patch do you have a full list of what's being implemented and changed this time round yet.?

Well, you can always read the Coder & Developer Diaries at the Matrix Games CS Forum. But as for a full list of the changes? We prefer to keep the element of surprise. Whistle
11-16-2013, 09:10 PM,
Surprises are fine Secret I am happy to wait and see what's been done and yes I have been keeping an eye on the coder diaries at matrix. Good Job
11-17-2013, 03:30 AM,
Alive, it is. Hat Hooray

Martini

HSL
11-17-2013, 04:02 AM,
Holy Cow!Farmer

Even Ed chimed in!Respect

How have you been HSL, long time no see on the blitz airwaves!
Hope all is well with you and yours!!
Things are OK here in North Central Ohio, just getting ready for winter!Xmas3

I see that CS is alive. At least this form has a new heartbeat!Music Man

Ivan the BigCigar5