• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Status: Alive or Dead?
10-26-2013, 04:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 03:53 AM by Kool Kat.)
CS Status: Alive or Dead?
It's time for another Scenario of the Month!! (we missed September and October – I was napping).

Step up and be the first to nominate a November 2013 scenario!!

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2013, 02:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: CS Status: Alive or Dead?
WF The Phony Offensive Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-14-2013, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM by Kool Kat.)
Due to a serious lack of interest, I think it's time we let the "Scenario of the Month" forum die.

Anyone disagree?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-14-2013, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM by Kool Kat.)
It has been a bit quiet here in general. I am not sure killing the few on-going polls helps... On the other hand, if there's no interest why bother indeed.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-14-2013, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM by Kool Kat.)
Dave,

I would have to agree with Battle Kat that the forum has been generally quiet lately.

I fear that the CS in general may be loosing ground to life, other games, the upcoming holidays and waiting for the long awaited 1.05 update and Modern Wars. "Geez's its been so long for an update or new game!"

I even noticed what appears to me as a recent slowdown of support over at Matrix on their forum. I like some of the post that berto has over at Matrix about possible upgrades to the system but until I get a chance to use some of them hands on I'm like a kid looking in a candy store window.

I'm not sure what the answer is to continue to spark interest in CS but I have to believe if Modern Wars or the 1.05 patch were out the forums would be humming again.

The good news is there are a few of us CS die hard's left and there does seem to be a generous supply of completed games still being turned in at the ladder so CS support is not terminal yet!. I think the World in Flames Tourney has also kept up interest but that is beginning to wind down as the war is in 1945.

As for the scenario of the month I am in agreement with you Dave. Its interest seems to have fallen off dramatically so maybe its time to just move on.

Cheers!
ItBCigar5
11-14-2013, 11:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:36 PM by Kool Kat.)
Guys, let me tell you the MCS is not dead!! We are working furiously to get the patch out, and it ain't just a little one, let me just tease ya!! My self, am working on a revamp/additions to the 2D aspect of the units, as well as many, many 3d upgrades, the game engine itself, well, it's just crazy now, windowed!! and a new interface!! Don't give up, it is well on the way, but a ton of work, and 15 years of too many hands playing with stuff to fix overnight!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-14-2013, 10:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 03:52 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: Smoke7

I am frustrated by the long development cycles for both Modern Wars and the 1.05 patch. Upset

Having said that... I applaud and respect all the hard work underway by Jason and the Matrix developers! Respect3

But as others have stated... even with all the "Developer Diaries" and screen captures being posted over at the Matrix Forums... it's like struggling to sit through a long cycle of movie previews, commercials, and "turn off your cell phone" announcements prior to the actual movie starting! Popcorn 2

However, IMO CS is more "alive" than "dead" now!

CS game completions keep trickling in, if not daily, than several times a week. Folks are playing CS and game play is as exciting as ever... as I am sure John will attest in a recent and memorable RS match! Wink

The H2H Testing Area is humming along with scenario submissions and test games underway. Write

Tourneys and the custom mods area are seeing continuous activity too.

We are also preparing for the roll out of Blitz 3 - a Website that features a new infrastructure and interface for our members. It will replace our current Blitz Website. I'm sure this complete redesign, while not CS specific, will generate player feedback on the forums! Smile

Finally, in our recent funds drive, the majority of donations came from CS players! Big Grin Clearly, folks here care enough to put up their own money to preserve both the Blitz and CS Forums! Wine

I don't think our devoted group of CS players are going anywhere... and continue to be "alive and well"... even if things are a little quiet here. Hello?

Would like to have other folks chime in on this thread.

I updated the thread subject line in the hopes it will generate more player responses.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-14-2013, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 03:53 AM by Kool Kat.)
Just to give the scope of the process, I am the only graphics guy right now, so it is very slow to get all the myriad of faults fixed by myself. Progress is moving along, but as I have said previously, 15 years of untidiness to be unraveled is quite a job!! And that's just my end of it! I've extended the icons2d file to about 3 times the size it was, redone a ton of 3d graphics, and added a bunch of units to the neglected countries. Berto, our programmer is having to weed out lots of junk code, and fix problems, as well as adding in new capabilities and changing the engine around! Hang tight!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-15-2013, 05:14 AM,
Given that software is dynamic, always a work-in-progress and never quite bug-free, releases are inherently a damned-if-we-do/damned-if-we-don't proposition. Between the technical stuff and the politics, I honestly don't know which is more challenging.

Anyway, to answer the question: CS, Alive or Dead? It's more alive, and healthier, than ever.
11-15-2013, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 07:34 AM by Kool Kat.)
(11-15-2013, 05:14 AM)berto Wrote: Given that software is dynamic, always a work-in-progress and never quite bug-free, releases are inherently a damned-if-we-do/damned-if-we-don't proposition. Between the technical stuff and the politics, I honestly don't know which is more challenging.

Anyway, to answer the question: CS, Alive or Dead? It's more alive, and healthier, than ever.

Hey Berto: Smoke7

I think part of the Modern Wars "politics" issue has been the tentative release dates that periodically get posted in the Matrix Forums.

One of Jason's late Nov. 2012 posts highlighted a possible June 2013 release of Modern Wars. These speculative phantom dates falsely raise players' hopes... only for them to be dashed as these dates expire with no game release.

My interest in Modern Wars is two-fold.

(1.) I find the time frame intriguing - especially the Middle East battles... and frankly, given the long development cycle for this game... my expectation is very high for an excellent game. Smile

(2.) I've been told that the CS 1.05 patch is prioritized below development and release of Modern Wars... so am really anxious for that game system to be released to free up additional resource for patch development.

Again, I do thank you for all your continuing development work... and it is what it is in terms of where you, Jason, Mike, and the other members of the Matrix Team are in your development cycles... but a 2013 Christmas present is always welcome! Xmas5
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email