• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS/JTS Napoleon series, where to start?
10-24-2013, 05:20 PM,
RE: HPS/JTS Napoleon series, where to start?
Just to clarify what has already been said regarding campaign games:

There are 2 formats. The first format is a series of small, linked scenarios where casualties are carried over from one to the next. Decisions have to be taken at the end of each scenario. This can lead to some artificial situations and very one-sided affairs. You open this by the cp-start exe Campaign games have a .cpf format and cannot be password protected and can thus be oened by an opponent should they wish. A few games are simply one-off scenarios.

The second format (opened by the cp[x] exe) is simply a very large map, a lot of units and game turns, and you simply play out the campaign over several days. All the Tiller Napoleonic games have this feature. For example the Ulm Campaign cited above is 06H (400 turns). The files can then be saved as .bte files (password protected).

Occasionally you may wish to start a large single campaign scenario in Campaign Mode so that both sides have a choice of initial starting positions. When the game has started you can then convert to .cpf to .bte format. Note: this only works for single games - converting file formats for the smaller linked scenarios is one way only and thus you cannot continue the campaign at the end of the scenario.

Would it help to list the scenario numbers of the large single games?
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2013, 01:14 AM,
No thanks, I guess I will go for Leipzig, will just wait a bit and see where the Dollar lands as the last days it was loosing strongly against the Euro.
11-16-2013, 02:04 AM,
I hope you enjoy Campaign Leipzig. A lot of hard work went into the title. I had to enlarge my test team from ten to about sixteen. There was just so many scenarios to look over.

The artwork for the game was also used in the Bautzen and 1814 games (additional icons were needed but only about 20-25). This helped to promote the idea of putting out two games for the 1813 campaign.

I hope you like the series. Try and find someone who plays historically rather than blitzkrieg tactics. It is much more enjoyable to do this than to try and obliterate your opponent.

The other games in the series recently got updates. In particular I did a lot of work for the Eckmuhl and Wagram games. There are a lot of artwork mods out there to grab too in case you do not like the stock graphics.

When you get your game look me up for a battle! I would like to play you - maybe answer questions you might have about a certain scenario.
11-17-2013, 05:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 05:10 AM by BigDuke66.)
Yes I do enjoy.