• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Slow players!
10-16-2013, 11:48 PM,
RE: Slow players!
Its good to hear from people that have had the same problems...most of my experiences have been great for me, it all just seemed to come at the same time. Which can be frustrating...I only ask that players communicate if things have come up and they need to slow down or are going out of town or something and give an estimated time frame...Life happens! If something has come up and the game is far from undecided I would be willing to take a draw or not report at all depending on the situation. The other part is if you know you are beat and in a real situation you would withdrawal or stop your attack...then ask for the cease fire or surrender. Either take the terms or ask for realistic terms if the cease fire would benefit you better when you know that the outcome would otherwise be a total victory for the other player. Then you should otherwise grant the other player a total victory.
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2013, 02:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2013, 02:29 AM by Weasel.)
(10-13-2013, 08:11 AM)Freybergs batman Wrote: I'm a slow player, I guess - 3-5 turns a week as I put in my profile - but at least I always finish my games. I've had so many players drop out it isn't funny.

I find our turn rate just fine, no problems here. We are speaking of the one turn per week guys, or two weeks etc.

(10-16-2013, 11:48 PM)Jpratt88 Wrote: I only ask that players communicate if things have come up and they need to slow down or are going out of town or something and give an estimated time frame...Life happens!

Me too, I have been waiting on BBrus for almost a month now but I don't mind because he notified me and asked if I wanted to continue or wait. Consideration goes a very long way and it only takes a minute to send an email.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-17-2013, 10:22 AM,
I've had pretty good luck so far with players on here-especially given the fact I usually spit out 1-3 turns on weekdays after work and 4-12 turns on the weekend. I think my record so far is 14 turns in a day.

I also have a couple of games with player I meet on the BF board and its been very inconsistent. One game we did 6-7 turns to begin and then the person vanished.

Another player we did a couple of weekends where we did 5-8 turns a day and then he too vanished for a month. Then I got a turn a couple of weeks ago.

In general I'm not a stats or scorekeeper sort of person so I don't mind fighting to the last man and I really don't care what my win/lose average is. I don't send in all games file to be tallied.