• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Slow players!
10-11-2013, 09:01 AM,
My 2 Cents  Slow players!
I have had a few players lately seem to vanish or really slow there turns down to once a week etc...I have to say if you don't have the time to play then call it a day if you do not have time to play!! I understand things coming up here and there but once a week turns? Really? It usually seems to happen when to me I have taken the upper hand...I am getting quite fed up with it...you even forget what your plan was. I have one that has gone from turn after turn then it goes from 5 days...9 days...now at 4 days...and I had an interruption before that. Now I have one that is literally once a week or more...at those rates we will never finish. Sometimes finding a good opponent on here can be a crap shoot!
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 12:00 AM,
RE: Slow players!
Yeah, that is frustrating. Especially the "slow down when loosing" effect. All I do is put them on a "do not play again" list and find someone else. I have several regular opponents now that are very consistent. I am probably the one who is less consistent. My won't play list includes a few people. Sigh.
10-12-2013, 07:04 AM,
Best bet is to look at their game record, if they only record a couple of games over three months then bet them slow. Not always correct, but a good starting point. Of course against new players it is a gamble every time.

I am the same as CC, I play basically the same players all the time and they play me because we know our routine.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-12-2013, 09:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013, 09:57 AM by Jpratt88.)
Well I may have to start a game with you all!

If any of you two have Market Garden let me know I am up for a game.
10-12-2013, 11:50 PM,
Sorry man I have 11 games on the go. Which is too many. If I get some free slots I will try to remember to ping you.
10-13-2013, 08:11 AM,
I'm a slow player, I guess - 3-5 turns a week as I put in my profile - but at least I always finish my games. I've had so many players drop out it isn't funny.
10-14-2013, 12:56 AM,
Hey 3-5 turns a week is not bad! that is reasonable...hey if you would like to find a reliable partner I am willing to play
10-16-2013, 02:14 PM,
I'm keen for opponents who'll play to the end, or at least until an agreed cessation of a mutually boring game. About 75% of my opponents don't finish.
10-16-2013, 05:13 PM,
I must have a lot of luck because all of my opponents were/are very solid. Just watch my profile and you can find them Helmet Wink
10-16-2013, 10:05 PM,
(10-16-2013, 02:14 PM)Freybergs batman Wrote: About 75% of my opponents don't finish.

(10-16-2013, 05:13 PM)Toblakai Wrote: I must have a lot of luck because all of my opponents were/are very solid. Just watch my profile and you can find them Helmet Wink

Nice that is a good record. I have had three that bailed and one that slowed to a crawl when they were loosing but the majority have been great.

So, @Freyberg don't loose heart many of us have been doing better than only 25%. I like @Toblakai's suggestion.