• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
10-15-2013, 09:53 AM,
RE: Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
(10-15-2013, 09:39 AM)Liebchen Wrote: It is not unrealistic to leave a rear guard to their certain death or capture. Of course, in a campaign, unlike the scenario, this hold would have only lasted so long.

What was unrealistic, IMHO, was my cavalry charges against the redoubt. I just can't see it, in real life, but in the game their given a 4X bonus! (I only did that when it was clear that I was going to suffer a major loss. Otherwise, the cavalry points would have been too valuable.)

As for the guns' hitting that redoubt, they were bouncing off, like 45's off of a Tiger's glacis. The best results from their shots was "2 men." My only results were from repeated assaults, trying to wear them down. Losses were horrendous.

The C battalion would be D isolated and E low on ammo so a 2 man hit might very well disorder it. Like I said you'd need some luck. Also, can 1000 men occupy a redoubt? Not really I'd say, so the cavalry charge is not too unrealistic. I get the feeling that WW1 Campaigns need flexible ZOCs. jonny Rolling Eyes
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2013, 05:21 AM,
So many times I have been told it is impossible to win certain scenarios only for a top player like Rick to find a way to get a result, so I am not surprised he achieved a positive result in this scenario. Wink
10-16-2013, 10:39 AM,
Ok Commanders all the results are in. I'll have them posted and the last scenario for you guys to start shortly.

Tide1Helmet Wink
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
10-24-2013, 08:26 AM,
Sorry for the delay commanders. I have a touch of the flue. I'll get things going in a couple of days.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman