• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
09-18-2013, 09:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM by Tide1.)
Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
[Image: 8a5e1a3843GOA6.jpg]

Commanders here is the scenario and match ups for the third scenario. Good Luck Gents.

1914_0815_01s: A Crossing at Dinant

The game turn starts on a night turn so any movement off roads or rail will result in disruption.

The French player must be aware of how exposed his units in the Anseremme village are and not allow them to be isolated even moving them at night and excepting the disruption that will result from that.

The German player must keep in mind that the Germans are extremely limited in their river crossing options here. All German units, other than the bicycle jäger units, must cross at the heavy bridge at Dinant (the light bridges do not support horse or motorized units). The bicycle jäger companies, which begin the scenario combined into a battalion in hex 26,3, should be reserved as a force to assault across the light bridges near either Yvior or Houx. They can also be sent south to Anseremme, or split into companies if needed. Utilize the other units available to soften up the crossing for this unit, and attempt to take the main crossing at Dinant by force.

A young French Lieutenant named Charles de Gaulle, of the 33e RI, was wounded in the clash at Dinant.

The commander of the German HKK.2 was the father of Manfred von Richtofen (aka. the Red Baron).

Allied Axis
TQuinn - Ranger Boo Boo

Ricky-B - Liebchen

Pete - Sgt Jasper

Heinz - Maseda

Barbarossa - JonnyMacBrown
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2013, 08:37 AM,
RE: Guns Of August Tournament Third Round
bump Big Grin
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
09-20-2013, 04:23 PM,
Ricky-B - Liebchen game has begun.
09-23-2013, 12:24 PM,
Heinz and Maseda are on gt 3.
09-24-2013, 10:08 PM,
Hi,

Axis, Major Victory.

Maseda.
09-26-2013, 05:45 AM,
that was fast Helmet Smile
09-30-2013, 11:47 PM,
Central Powers (Axis) major victory
10-01-2013, 01:35 AM,
(09-30-2013, 11:47 PM)Sgt Jasper Wrote: Central Powers (Axis) major victory

Thanks SJ Helmet Wink
10-01-2013, 09:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 09:24 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
Jonny and His Majestat der Friedrich Barbarossa are on turn 3.Mex Big Grin
10-11-2013, 03:45 PM,
Fastphil did not live up to his name. I assume it is too late for me to get in the third round?

flip0009