• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Umpired Multiplayer Campaign
09-17-2013, 07:43 AM,
RE: Umpired Multiplayer Campaign
Can you be patient with a guy in the middle of a household move? If the scenarios are not too big, I can probably squeeze out 2 - 4 turns per week.

Steve

And I'd volunteer to be on Ed's team which ought to make me a shoe-in ! ! ! !
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 07:52 AM,
Jeff,

If you would allow me to offer a suggestion, I wouldn't put Ed and Bill on the same team.

Yankee and Red Sox fans normally don't get along to well together.Big Grin

It normally starts out peaceful:

[Image: 3857cd9bbfbaseball%20strike.gif]

...however, it usually turns into this! Propeller Hat
[Image: 92b230236ccat%20fight.gif]
09-17-2013, 07:56 AM,
(09-17-2013, 07:43 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Can you be patient with a guy in the middle of a household move? If the scenarios are not too big, I can probably squeeze out 2 - 4 turns per week.

Steve

And I'd volunteer to be on Ed's team which ought to make me a shoe-in ! ! ! !

Works for me if Jeff picks us! I am guessing German's - Please Big Grin2

We will be on a mission! Big Grin

[Image: bluesbrothers.jpg]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-17-2013, 02:37 PM,
Ok, so we have Ed, Bill and Steve as the Germans and Mark, Marcin and Dan as the Americans. I was hoping to have my computer back from the shop today, but alas, it may be sicker than I thought. Can all of you please send me an email so that I have your addresses on my laptop? I have the OOB finished and I will send out an email with your forces shortly. I am hoping to get my computer back tomorrow as it is a better working platform, but I will try and get you enough to get started by the weekend.

I didn't mention it earlier, but I am hoping for at least three turns per week. The scenarios should not be real big nor real long. Most likely a reinforced battalion for each player and between 12 and 18 turns long.

Jeff
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM,
Sending You me e-mail in a moment , Jeff and shall do my best to keep up the pace You're expecting. Just a matter of decent management with a number of my games currently in progress still decreasing. I started for real at a battalion level with supporting elements a few years ago in Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank, commanding the 1/7th Air Cav in the Ia Drang valley so ... A lot has changed, but the wargaming has been in bloom ever since. Looking forward to that new project, but still raising the subject oof the TP&TF Bloody Tarawa PBEM team game - has this been concluded and how it is going to be reflected in our profile statistics at the site here?
09-17-2013, 10:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 10:35 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
I will agree with Jeff that the key to a team game is being able to keep the ball rolling in terms of the turns per week. If a player takes a week to get his portion of the turn finished, the game will start to bog down and lose momentum. The two other team games that were attempted suffered from this a bit.

As for the Tarawa game, based on the thread that was created for it, I'm not exactly sure where that game 'ended'. There seemed to be some issues with players vanishing for a time. Did the game ever resolve itself, either by playing through to the end or by one side conceding to the other?

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=63940

Let's answer that question first and see what we can do in terms of registering the games.
09-17-2013, 10:42 PM,
I believe myself I played the last turn - the option for a fluid game length wasn't checked - for my 2/2 BLT and then sent the turn back to Jeff, Ed was to be the next I think and then it was supposed to be sent to the Japs with only one guy left on their team after the other one went MIA at some point. The USMC were at a decisive (major) loss status of their mission by the time the scenario was ending.
09-17-2013, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 11:20 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
https://www.theblitz.club/rules_of_engag...es./rid=11

Three US team members and 2 Japanese, correct?

Have 1 US member register a game against Ozgur, one against Rabbit. The third US player can register the game against the Club Shadow player.

Let's confirm from both sides where this game left off before anyone registers this game.
09-17-2013, 11:25 PM,
The game was played to completion with the last turn being sent to the Japanese. After the Banzai charges, I don't think the result was ever really in doubt, the Marines suffered a major loss. Go ahead and record the result if you are so inclined. Since Bill commanded most of the Japanese troops in your area, I would record the result against him. Ed should probably use the Blitz Shadow Player with Alan's permission and my result would be against Ozgur. There is a box that needs to be checked to record it as a multiplayer game.
09-17-2013, 11:27 PM,
I forgot how many turns remained, but I think it was just down to the final turn or two. Oz had to drop out, so I was playing the Japanese side (however things sped up as the US graciously reduced the amount of units I needed to maneuver each turn).

I believe I was still awaiting a move from the US (Jeff, please correct me if I'm wrong as it's been to known to happen ... with increasing regularity).