• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Umpired Multiplayer Campaign
09-15-2013, 12:12 PM,
Umpired Multiplayer Campaign
Good Evening Gentlemen

I am trying to organize a multiplayer campaign using Eagle Strike. I am looking for three players on each side. Each participant will play at least two and probably three custom scenarios based on the decisions made by the players.

The campaign will take place near the village of Celles in Belgium where advanced units of the 2nd Panzer Division are poised to strike towards the Meuse River on Christmas Day. Unbeknownst to them, the 2nd Armored Division is bearing down from the north. Both the US and German teams will have a semi-historical force of about brigade size.

Please post here if you are interested. I am going to try and have the OOB done this weekend and a packet for each side by next weekend.

Jeff
Please post here if you are interested.
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 12:20 PM,
RE: Umpired Multiplayer Campaign
I wish I could as it sounds like alot of fun and ES is one of my favorite titles however, now is not a good time for me.

I'll have to give you a rain check. Maybe I can play in the next one! Wink

Good Luck!
09-15-2013, 12:40 PM,
Jeff,

Count me in!

Now to get Dan (keif149) to join up Waiting2
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-16-2013, 12:29 AM,
I am interested in this but would like to learn more about it before I commit my time. Is there an article I can read as to how it works?
09-16-2013, 02:04 AM,
I'd sign up for the Allied side. It looks as if two of my opponents have gone silent for an extended period of time - perhaps just vanished - and I am having some space freed. By the way, Jeff - is the concluded TP&TF Bloody Tarawa PBEM team game going to be included in our profile statistics? I like to leave a trace of each game.
09-16-2013, 02:28 AM,
I'll give it a shot as Allies. If done a second time, I can switch sides. In the end, I will play either side if you get people who will play only one side.

Stuff like this sounds like great fun and so many other areas for more, especially in the West. Also sounds really good with unit scenarios like one of the AB divs in Market-Garden or all three of them at some point. Lots of possibilities with any unit and the size of the team would be limited to the number of bdes/rgts involved. With three bdes/rgts for most units and the American AB with four, might also be left with three para rgts leaving the glider rgt under control of CinC to delegate where he thinks it is needed most or parcel it out by no less than platoon sized units. Also, another possibility could be that it is also tried as 1vs1 if people are interested. If it works both ways and can be done without a referee, then it would be good for many of these to be made and become their own titles like I have been suggesting in other posts.
09-16-2013, 02:33 AM,
I don't have an article as to the best of my knowledge, this has not been tried before with the SB engine. I am going to give each side an order of battle, a map and some general objectives. Each team will organize their forces and determine a plan of operations. From these, I will create three scenarios, one for each pair of players. After the first round of scenarios has been completed, the teams will have an opportunity to reorganize, purchase new units and modify their plans. This will create a second round of scenarios. This process will continue until there is a clear winner or the group runs out of energy. I'll enter the scenarios into the Blitz database so that they can be recorded.

Jeff
09-16-2013, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 03:36 AM by z1812.)
Well as it has not been tried before everyone will be on the same foot so yes I am interested and would like to do it. Either side is fine.
09-16-2013, 08:39 AM,
I'd be happy to give it a try. Thanks!
09-16-2013, 10:52 PM,
So it looks like we have Marcin and Mark who have signed up for the US and Bill, Ed and Dan who have not chosen a side. We really need one more player.