• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Touch PzC for Android
09-19-2013, 04:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 04:58 AM by Wodin.)
RE: Touch PzC for Android
Screen size would be a right PITA...playing wargame son my old 19inch was bad enough so just upgraded to 24inch. Makes such a difference.

I know you can plug your tablet into your TV..but then whats the point of it being on a tablet?

So PC is still best for me and always will be.

Edit: I also imagine modding and making new scenarios would be alot more difficult?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2013, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM by -72-.)
I think it is pretty easy to work out really... all you have to do is ride public transport - you rarely see a laptop -and naturally, no 19 or 21 inch monitors either.

It is all about portability, and another choice. I mean, seriously how many Bejeweled, or Fake Scrabble games can you play?

Of course I am not going to try it on my little phone, but I imagine that isn't the point.
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-19-2013, 09:21 PM,
I think modding is possible with Android ports... As far as I know many APK files are in fact archives, so anything inside should be editable (if in plaintext or image form), re-packed inside and the game re-installed...
09-21-2013, 09:39 AM,
How do you get a Target Dialog in the Android version?
09-21-2013, 10:16 AM,
(09-21-2013, 09:39 AM)TJD Wrote: How do you get a Target Dialog in the Android version?

The scheme basically works like this:

A tap highlights the stack. You can then un-choose individual units from the unit detail bar, if you wish.

A tap-and-hold gives you a red circle around the unit(s). If you stay tapping and drag, you get movement hex by hex.

If you tap-and-hold and then release, the red circle turns into a "targeting" icon, meaning the chosen unit(s) can fire. Tap next on the target and they let loose.

It's pretty nice, other than for the fact that your finger is blocking your view sometimes.... Rolling Eyes
09-21-2013, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 10:53 AM by TJD.)
(09-21-2013, 10:16 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 09:39 AM)TJD Wrote: How do you get a Target Dialog in the Android version?

The scheme basically works like this:

A tap highlights the stack. You can then un-choose individual units from the unit detail bar, if you wish.

A tap-and-hold gives you a red circle around the unit(s). If you stay tapping and drag, you get movement hex by hex.

If you tap-and-hold and then release, the red circle turns into a "targeting" icon, meaning the chosen unit(s) can fire. Tap next on the target and they let loose.

It's pretty nice, other than for the fact that your finger is blocking your view sometimes.... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the reply but I know all of that. I'm interested to know how, when firing at an enemy stack, you select your particular target. The game now doesn't seem to give you a choice. In the PC version, the Target Dialog comes up readily whenever there are multiple targets to choose from. Here's what I'm looking for:

[Image: ayWm2hr.png]
09-21-2013, 11:49 AM,
You don`t target a unit just a stack. The engine picks the unit affected by the shot.
[Image: exercise.png]
09-21-2013, 12:17 PM,
Is it the alternative fire rules, where the entire stack is effected, with the individual units weighted by size, or only some random unit in the stack is hit?
09-21-2013, 12:22 PM,
(09-21-2013, 11:49 AM)Ricky B Wrote: You don`t target a unit just a stack. The engine picks the unit affected by the shot.

Any idea why this decision was made? It's quite a difference from the PC version.
09-21-2013, 11:05 PM,
No idea why. But it seems fitting to me based on what seems to be the goal of simplified quick play. And I know there are players of normal PzC that feel this is more accurate - that may have played a roll.

As to all or one unit there aren't normally a lot of units stacked but the impression I have had is one unit. But it may simply be one gets half and the others the rest of the firepower and so no losses?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]