• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Touch PzC for Android
09-15-2013, 01:15 AM,
News  Touch PzC for Android
Hi to you all,

Great news from John Tiller Software the release of the free game for Android OS, Panzer Campaigns:Panzer.

This is a mobile version of the hugely popular PC series Panzer Campaigns. This first release takes you through several hypothetical scenarios on the East Front as a German Panzer commander and introduces you to both the basics of the Panzer Campaigns game engine and also the unique mobile interface. Following this free release, there will be additional releases in this series each representing a smaller mobile version of the corresponding PC game.

Panzer Campaigns is a detailed turn-based simulation of operational warfare from World War II. It includes detailed rules and combat resolution but has a simple interface that allows the player to focus on strategy and tactics. A wide variety of unit types are represented including infantry, tanks, artillery, and engineers. This version has 18 scenarios particularly suitable for mobile devices including 12 "Panzer School" scenarios designed to introduce you to the basics of World War II warfare.

While this version of Panzer Campaigns will run on large-format Android phones, it is best on an Android tablet with screen size of 7 inches or more.

There are absolutely no ads in this free version. Apple version to follow. Download it at the Google Play Store, "Panzer Campaigns" and play now.

Blackie
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 01:43 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Touch PzC for Android
Fireworks

Dropping everything to get right now.
09-15-2013, 01:45 AM,
RE: Touch PzC for Android
Great news my a$$. This is probably alot of the reason that titles are few and far between for the rest of us. Too much attention is geared toward these gadgets and in the end creating generations of lazy people. Everywhere I go, I see tons of people with their heads down glued to their phones and whatever else they have out there, it's really sad. I know, it's all about the money, but there seems to be times that deveolpers should help be more responsible in not contributing to these things. Every day I am reading somebody's comments about missing a meeting because he was on his phone at a sports website etc etc. There is small wonder why these companies aren't getting their money's worth these days.

Come back to the light where the PC should still be king!
09-15-2013, 01:55 AM,
PC are on their way out and are a dying breed. Hang

I am a life-long PC guy who is still using WinXP. Bag Hide

I do not own a tablet or a phone to play these type of games on however, this is the way of the future.

Glad to see JTS being proactive and making an attempt into this new type market. By starting up in this type of technology, it is telling me that they have a plan and that plan is from them to be in business for years to come.

Way to go JTS! Thumbs Up
09-15-2013, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 02:26 AM by Al.)
I suppose it was inevitable that this was going to happen. However, I'll continue using my Win7 PC with a 24" HD screen for some time to come. I can't see anyone toting around a tablet with a 24" screen any time soon.

(In case you might think that I refuse to ever use a tablet, I do plan on getting one - just will be 2 - 3 years down the road)
09-15-2013, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 03:57 AM by Liebchen.)
Well, in certain science fiction renderings, there are computers that are practically paper thin and can be folded up and stuffed in a pocket. Imagine taking such a thing out, unfolding a 24" touch-"screen" and playing.

Lest we scoff, recall that tablets and smart phones were unheard of ten years ago or so. Now we have Google Glass ™. Reality is approaching SF faster and faster in many regards.

I'll futz around with this app but, like Al, will stick with my Win7 PC and my 21" monitor... for now.

As for productivity loss from having smart phones, I think that having internet and email access at work has just as - if no more than - an impact on productivity. But then, again, I also believe that people tend to be overworked and need more down time. What's the point of having all of this time-saving technology and just cramming our time with even more work? Let's play more Panzer Campaigns, instead! Big Grin

(We recently cleaned out the back room of my office and threw out - among other things - floppy disks, zip disks, etc. On our desks at work, now, we have integrated HPs with the computer and the touch-screen monitor being the whole thing, along with wireless mice and keyboards. We've come a long way, even with our current desktops and monitors.)
09-15-2013, 04:56 AM,
What i can say, i find the point on this "eye killer" games but for me where is a PC... when i play i want do it in my "castle" when i am travelling or i need pass some time i prefer read (this is why i buy a kindle) or play a fastgame for me a wargame is not something for a "gameboy".

I really really really wait more a "true" wargame to spend some money on it... maybe PzB, a PzC title that uses the new and not used yet fanatical nations feature... or a napy title (even when i dont expect it be a peninsular campaign title) or a new serie (i think JT is working in a XVIII century serie).

Expect that now we can see releases of games.
09-15-2013, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 05:18 AM by Ricky B.)
FYI, the Android game is quick to play. It is NOT a replacement for Panzer Campaigns on the PC - it is either to learn from in a smaller environment, or someone who likes play against the AI (no PBEM or HTH with it). I think it could help draw players in to the PC games, with a simple and quick game, when the user decides to step up a level and play another human.

Rick

Oh, and it forced me to hack my HP Touchpad to run the Android system on it, so I now have a dual boot tablet - the only things I used the Touchpad for were email and Internet when travelling and for a Kindle reader. Now it is a bit more useful with access to Google Play stuff, if I get around to it. But the hacking was fun and not nerve wracking since I didn't care if the tablet ended up a brick.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-15-2013, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 06:25 AM by von Schwarze.)
(09-15-2013, 01:43 AM)ec2285 Wrote: Fireworks

Dropping everything to get right now.

I would love to hear what you think about the game.

As Ricky says it is NOT intended as a replacement for PzC more something you can play in the bus, plane, or doctor's office etc, the scens in this game (Panzer) are mainly 15-30 mins, but there are some longer ones in there, but nothing over an hour or 2, no monster campaigns, just a nice way to pass a little time, when you do not have a 24" monitor in your back pocket. Wink

I would like to ask all of you that have downloaded the game to review it in the Google Store, or let us know here. We would really like to know what you think of the game.

There were a lot of challenges overcome by JT to get this game up and running for Android, in fact, it is an ongoing project.
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM,
Well, I'm a long time PC user....I have three laptops with Win 7 or 8. I've built my own desktops for years, but changed over to laptops after I switched careers from carpenter to truck driver. I didn't see much use for tablets, but earlier this year I bought a Kindle Fire. I liked it. Not so much for games, but for getting books a lot more cheaply than the printed versions. It was also good for browsing and such. I got tired of the limitations though. It would only allow me to download from the Amazon store and although you can hack it for the Google store, I'm afraid of making a $500 tablet into a brick. I bought an Ipad a couple of months ago and really like it. In fact when I go out overnight in my truck, the laptops no longer make the trip. Bring on Panzer Compaigns and all the Tiller games to the Ipad. I will get them all.