• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Touch PzC for Android
02-03-2014, 03:40 AM,
RE: Touch PzC for Android
(09-28-2013, 11:46 PM)von Schwarze Wrote: Joeyeti,

In general, the mobile version of the games will be a mini version. If someone wants more then there is always the PC version they can get. Another way of thinking about the mobile version is that it is a sampler of the full PC version.

This from John:

"One of our playtesters sums up what this game is all about, what he does is take his Nexus tablet to his daughter's soccer practice and plays a scenario or two during that. So I think design-wise, think of what someone would want to do in an hour or so of free time, at a practice, doctor's office, or music lesson. Vignette is another way of thinking about the scenarios. We then include some big long ones so that people have something they can really sink their teeth into if they want to."

This version is wonderful. Myself, wouldn't mind paying for long campaigns. And, understanding limits of mobile devices, any additions from PC functions would be great. Any updates or additions in the works? Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 11:52 AM,
I had a lot of fun with the free version of the android game. This there a full PC title comparable to that? Something eastern front, fast tempo, relatively small scale? I have Moscow 42 and Sicily and the trudging between hills and snow is just too much for a large game.
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014, 12:01 PM by Liebchen.)
(02-03-2014, 11:52 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: I had a lot of fun with the free version of the android game. This there a full PC title comparable to that? Something eastern front, fast tempo, relatively small scale? I have Moscow 42 and Sicily and the trudging between hills and snow is just too much for a large game.

Pick a title that has more fluid action than M'42 and Sicily, then.

Try Smolensk or Kharkov or Minsk or Budapest, or even Stalingrad (which has snow, but is a very fluid situation).
02-04-2014, 01:24 AM,
If you want fluid, I highly recommend Smolensk--the campaign is probably the most fluid wargame I've every played; the situation is fascinating, with no continuous front line and troops constantly being fed into the battle by both sides.

On the other hand, I found Minsk very tedious--batter your way through German fortifications then, when you finally break through, advance along roads across a bunch of swamps and blown bridges...
02-25-2014, 02:25 AM,
I was introduced to the PzC system via the Ipad app, and I have purchased all of the available apps. I think they are pretty enjoyable, and compare favorably to the overly-simplistic games masquerading as "wargames" in the App Store.

That being said, I prefer the PC versions of the game. The biggest limitation with regard to playability is the lack of the "reachable hexes" filter/function. This does impact play, especially in the Tunisia and Bulge modules, which have constrictive terrain. Without it, I've found that I frequently mismanage my moves, which is frustrating.

My guess is that some sort of programming issue is involved in the decision to omit the "reachable hexes" feature. But, I think it would be the biggest improvement JT could make to the tablet versions of his software.

I suspect