• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New SB purchase advice.
09-15-2013, 12:29 AM,
RE: New SB purchase advice.
I am still torn between Pacific War and Red Victory. I am considering buying my self a treat after the move is complete in October.

Thank you to all my opponents for your patience

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 02:27 AM,
(09-15-2013, 12:29 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: I am still torn between Pacific War and Red Victory. I am considering buying my self a treat after the move is complete in October.

Thank you to all my opponents for your patience

Steve

Both PW and RV are fun titles and either way it will be a Win-Win for you.
Winner

Over at TF-Echo4 you can find some good 3rd party scenarios and art mods for PW, however, no 3rd party scenarios available for RV as I think every possible one is already in the game! Big Grin

There are also some really good 3rd party art mods floating around for RV.
09-15-2013, 05:48 AM,
Red Victory has the best quality scenarios of any SB title in my oh so humble opinion, especially if you intend to play mostly PBEM. Ozgur likes scenarios that are about a reinforced company in size. If this size appeals to you, I think your decision is pretty much a no brainer. However, one advantage of Pacific War is the Africa at War mod that Frank Harmon made several years ago and I think it can still be found at TF Echo-Four. It uses Pacific War as a base and so you get two games for the price of one. Frank, who spent several years in the Marines, thought that the lethality values in the standard SB titles were too low. So the weapons in Africa at War can be a bit surprising when on the receiving end.
09-15-2013, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 09:46 AM by Richie61.)
(09-15-2013, 02:27 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Over at TF-Echo4 you can find some good 3rd party scenarios and art mods for PW, however, no 3rd party scenarios available for RV as I think every possible one is already in the game! Big Grin

There are also some really good 3rd party art mods floating around for RV.

Really? What about all of Marc Bellizzi's Stalingrad battles? Jester

Steve: Stalingrad!
Rolling Eyes

Forgo a row of golf and buy it LOL
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-15-2013, 09:54 AM,
(09-15-2013, 09:46 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Really? What about all of Marc Bellizzi's Stalingrad battles? Jester

I forgot about those however, if you select the "Scenario" section over on TF-Echo-4 it is not showing any for RV.

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/sb-game-resources/
09-15-2013, 10:21 AM,
(09-15-2013, 09:54 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 09:46 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Really? What about all of Marc Bellizzi's Stalingrad battles? Jester

I forgot about those however, if you select the "Scenario" section over on TF-Echo-4 it is not showing any for RV.

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/sb-game-resources/

Guess we need to get Alan to add them Big Grin

This cool places has Marc's scenarios Propeller Hat
https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Squa...t&game=147
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."