• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Would this be possible?
09-06-2013, 10:16 PM,
RE: Would this be possible?
(09-06-2013, 10:01 PM)Wodin Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 09:58 PM)Lowlander Wrote: John Tillers Campaign Series has a Mega mod for this very battle based on the original Dana Lombardy game Streets of Stalingrad by Pheonix Games.
Sorry can't remember it's name at this point.
The remake L2 game playing map is larger I.E. along the Volga/flanks of Stalingrad.

So maybe this mod could be a starting point and could be expanded and upgraded using the L2 version.Hope this helps.

Oh by the way I've started selling various wargame stuff on ebay, books and games first followed later by thousands of painted figures but the original Streets of Stalingrad game will be up for grabs over the coming weeks.

Lowlander..though I'd love to own SoS I'm afraid I could never afford it. You based in the UK? If so I will look out for other things;)

Thanks for the JTCS tip..

Yes I'm based in Prestwick, SCOTLAND.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 10:17 PM,
Turning Point Stalingrad? You mean the area movement game by Avalon Hill?

Seriously, I doubt you can call any area movement game a tactical level game.

_____

Interesting about PzB, but does the engine allow for multiple day scenarios? I can afford to wait on the answer -but that is what I would find to be very interesting if it would. Mex Big Grin
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-06-2013, 10:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013, 10:31 PM by Wodin.)
Whoops..getting confused thats the name of the TAOWIII scenario..I meant Battle for Stalingrad (just released again by Excalibur games).

Well I was thinking more a grand tactical game being Coy scale. Same as SoS and the game below (though that maybe battalion, can't remember). Something similar to those two games anyway.

Game link

Lowlander..Liverpool myself.

(09-06-2013, 10:17 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Turning Point Stalingrad? You mean the area movement game by Avalon Hill?

Seriously, I doubt you can call any area movement game a tactical level game.

_____

Interesting about PzB, but does the engine allow for multiple day scenarios? I can afford to wait on the answer -but that is what I would find to be very interesting if it would. Mex Big Grin
Send this user an email
09-06-2013, 11:00 PM,
I thought I read on a recent thread where the Panzer Battles game was on hold even though the website says coming soon?

Gerry
09-06-2013, 11:45 PM,
(09-06-2013, 11:00 PM)GerryM Wrote: I thought I read on a recent thread where the Panzer Battles game was on hold even though the website says coming soon?

Gerry

The thread (on another forum) was in reference to why John Tiller never preannounces titles. I used the first Panzer Battles game as an example where it was 'announced' and then the designer decided he needed a sabbatical. Ever since Rich and John have had a barrage of questions on when this new series will be released.

What I will say is that the Panzer Battles series is not on hold and a number of titles are being actively worked on. This is on TOP of the game that is stalled due to the aforementioned sabbatical.

The positive thing about the hiatus is that some of the most requested features and look and feel of the game have been updated to '21st century' standards and that from the play tests done to date it is a very good simulation of this scale of this warfare. There are some veteran players (some from the Blitz) involved in testing the games and we have the advantage of tweaking the system before any title is released.

So in summary, Panzer Battles and its kin is not on hold, titles (plural) are being worked on and we will not tell you about release dates until we are ready for you to quickly reach out for your credit cards Wink

David

PS - I do not want to hijack this thread which is about decent mods for a great battle - Stalingrad.
09-06-2013, 11:59 PM,
Strella thanks for the info..good to know it's being worked on.

Lowlander tried looking for the mega scenario or at least a post on it but didn't come across anything on the Blitz forum..will check Matrix forum
Send this user an email
09-07-2013, 01:03 AM,
Thanks very much for the update David. It sounds very interesting. Can you explain what you mean by "Panzer Battles and its kin". Does it just mean there are a few Panzer Battles titles being worked on simultaneously?

Thanks,

Gerry
09-07-2013, 01:05 AM,
(09-06-2013, 11:59 PM)Wodin Wrote: Strella thanks for the info..good to know it's being worked on.

Lowlander tried looking for the mega scenario or at least a post on it but didn't come across anything on the Blitz forum..will check Matrix forum

Wodin it's called " Volga Inferno " and if it's not in the Matrix version of John Tillers campaign series I believe it's available at The Wargamers site in the download section, campaign series.
09-07-2013, 01:15 AM,
(09-07-2013, 01:03 AM)GerryM Wrote: Thanks very much for the update David. It sounds very interesting. Can you explain what you mean by "Panzer Battles and its kin". Does it just mean there are a few Panzer Battles titles being worked on simultaneously?

Thanks,

Gerry

Titles (plural) meant just that Gerry....

Guys, I don't want to put teasers out there, but I do want to be clear the series is being worked on - it's definitely not dead. Rich told me that this new series generates the highest number of queries and requests.

But like all the JTS titles these are being done by design teams that all have day jobs - we really are all hobbyists. That can mean unexpected delays or even some acceleration due to people being between real life jobs.

There is a truckload of work that goes into these titles and they will not be released until they are up to the standard JTS prides itself on.

TO be honest I can't think of many other game companies building serious war games that packs so much content and research into their titles on a consistent basis.

David
09-07-2013, 01:20 AM,
(09-07-2013, 01:15 AM)Strela Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 01:03 AM)GerryM Wrote: Thanks very much for the update David. It sounds very interesting. Can you explain what you mean by "Panzer Battles and its kin". Does it just mean there are a few Panzer Battles titles being worked on simultaneously?

Thanks,

Gerry

Titles (plural) meant just that Gerry....

Guys, I don't want to put teasers out there, but I do want to be clear the series is being worked on - it's definitely not dead. Rich told me that this new series generates the highest number of queries and requests.

But like all the JTS titles these are being done by design teams that all have day jobs - we really are all hobbyists. That can mean unexpected delays or even some acceleration due to people being between real life jobs.

There is a truckload of work that goes into these titles and they will not be released until they are up to the standard JTS prides itself on.

TO be honest I can't think of many other game companies building serious war games that packs so much content and research into their titles on a consistent basis.

David

Oh ya really
Rangers Lead the Way