• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Would this be possible?
09-06-2013, 04:08 AM,
Would this be possible?
Would it be possible using the Stalingrad game to do a mod with a hex scale of either 500m or 1000m...similar to the boardgame Streets of Stalingrad and create a Stalingrad City fight at coy scale?

I'm desperate to find a game that could model the coy fighting at this sort of scale, I played the old V for Victory game and recently a scenario for TOAWIII which was outdated and bugged sadly.

SO could I make a mod and would the game mechanics work OK.

Thanks
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 09:13 AM,
RE: Would this be possible?
No, although an interesting idea it isn't possible. The map can't be changed, in simple way at the least. The OOB could be built and a PDT setup, but I see the map being the problem.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-06-2013, 12:57 PM,
(09-06-2013, 09:13 AM)Ricky B Wrote: No, although an interesting idea it isn't possible. The map can't be changed, in simple way at the least. The OOB could be built and a PDT setup, but I see the map being the problem.

Rick

Oh hum..never mind.
Send this user an email
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM,
(09-06-2013, 04:08 AM)Wodin Wrote: Would it be possible using the Stalingrad game to do a mod with a hex scale of either 500m or 1000m...similar to the boardgame Streets of Stalingrad and create a Stalingrad City fight at coy scale?

I'm desperate to find a game that could model the coy fighting at this sort of scale, I played the old V for Victory game and recently a scenario for TOAWIII which was outdated and bugged sadly.

Thanks

Not easily with Panzer Campaigns, but Panzer Battles maybe just right for the scale you're requesting here.....
09-06-2013, 02:29 PM,
Interesting..but that will be a platoon scale game will it not?

(09-06-2013, 01:46 PM)Strela Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 04:08 AM)Wodin Wrote: Would it be possible using the Stalingrad game to do a mod with a hex scale of either 500m or 1000m...similar to the boardgame Streets of Stalingrad and create a Stalingrad City fight at coy scale?

Thanks

Not easily with Panzer Campaigns, but Panzer Battles maybe just right for the scale you're requesting here.....
Send this user an email
09-06-2013, 02:47 PM,
(09-06-2013, 02:29 PM)Wodin Wrote: Interesting..but that will be a platoon scale game will it not?

(09-06-2013, 01:46 PM)Strela Wrote:

Thanks

http://johntillersoftware.com/PanzerBattles.html
Rangers Lead the Way
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM,
(09-06-2013, 02:29 PM)Wodin Wrote: Interesting..but that will be a platoon scale game will it not?

And probably a more appropriate scale for Stalingrad, assuming you want to model the individual key engagements - Red Barricades, Tractor factory etc.

Platoon level gives you variation in unit types (heavy weapons by type etc) as well as fragility of units at a scale that makes sene when fighting over individual houses and buildings.

A bigger scale would lose the granularity you need for a tactical Stalingrad.

David
09-06-2013, 06:03 PM,
Understand where your coming from..however Streets of Stalingrad..Turning Point Stalingrad and also Stalingrad World at War PC game are at coy scale and it does work..have the whole city on map and include the approach. Also as I said ther eis a TOAWIII scenario but it needs updating to work wiht the latest patch.

A platoon game would also be great breaking the fight down into smaller scenarios...

(09-06-2013, 02:55 PM)Strela Wrote:

And probably a more appropriate scale for Stalingrad, assuming you want to model the individual key engagements - Red Barricades, Tractor factory etc.

Platoon level gives you variation in unit types (heavy weapons by type etc) as well as fragility of units at a scale that makes sene when fighting over individual houses and buildings.

A bigger scale would lose the granularity you need for a tactical Stalingrad.

David
Send this user an email
09-06-2013, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013, 10:13 PM by Lowlander.)
John Tillers Campaign Series has a Mega Stalingrad Scenario of the whole city, can't recall if this was included in the Matrix version or was a download, based on the original Dana Lombardy game Streets of Stalingrad by Pheonix Games.
The scenario is Volga Inferno by Greg Allen.
The remake L2 game playing map is larger I.E. along the Volga/flanks of Stalingrad.

So maybe this mod could be a starting point and could be expanded and upgraded using the L2 version. Hope this helps.
SimBase Scans have all the L2 version unpunched counter sheets available for downloading which would help with the OOB !!!.

Oh by the way I've started selling various wargame stuff on ebay, books and games first, followed later by thousands of painted figures but the original Streets of Stalingrad game will also be up for grabs over the coming weeks.
09-06-2013, 10:01 PM,
(09-06-2013, 09:58 PM)Lowlander Wrote: John Tillers Campaign Series has a Mega mod for this very battle based on the original Dana Lombardy game Streets of Stalingrad by Pheonix Games.
Sorry can't remember it's name at this point.
The remake L2 game playing map is larger I.E. along the Volga/flanks of Stalingrad.

So maybe this mod could be a starting point and could be expanded and upgraded using the L2 version.Hope this helps.

Oh by the way I've started selling various wargame stuff on ebay, books and games first followed later by thousands of painted figures but the original Streets of Stalingrad game will be up for grabs over the coming weeks.

Lowlander..though I'd love to own SoS I'm afraid I could never afford it. You based in the UK? If so I will look out for other things;)

Thanks for the JTCS tip..
Send this user an email