• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Would this be possible?
09-07-2013, 01:55 AM,
RE: Would this be possible?
If they come out whenever, and they are really good, then it is worth the wait, just like all the rest that have come out before them.
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 02:15 AM,
Thanks mate, found it.

(09-07-2013, 01:05 AM)Lowlander Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 11:59 PM)Wodin Wrote: Strella thanks for the info..good to know it's being worked on.

Lowlander tried looking for the mega scenario or at least a post on it but didn't come across anything on the Blitz forum..will check Matrix forum

Wodin it's called " Volga Inferno " and if it's not in the Matrix version of John Tillers campaign series I believe it's available at The Wargamers site in the download section, campaign series.
Send this user an email
09-07-2013, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013, 03:54 PM by -72-.)
Ok, yeah that one makes more sense - I don't have it myself, but probably hope to grab it - I remember seeing that one advertised in S&T back in the SPI days, but never came across it then. Big Grin

(09-06-2013, 10:26 PM)Wodin Wrote: Whoops..getting confused thats the name of the TAOWIII scenario..I meant Battle for Stalingrad (just released again by Excalibur games).

Well I was thinking more a grand tactical game being Coy scale. Same as SoS and the game below (though that maybe battalion, can't remember). Something similar to those two games anyway.

Game link

Lowlander..Liverpool myself.

(09-06-2013, 10:17 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Turning Point Stalingrad? You mean the area movement game by Avalon Hill?

Seriously, I doubt you can call any area movement game a tactical level game.

_____

Interesting about PzB, but does the engine allow for multiple day scenarios? I can afford to wait on the answer -but that is what I would find to be very interesting if it would. Mex Big Grin

I should say that the Stalingrad map in Advance of the Reich was what sold me on that series - however, well ... as the series is not intended for multiple day actions (in fact I don't think that you can -because of no day/night cycle or extended command control, or I think a more robust resupply system) ... I hope that something can and will do that at some point.
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-08-2013, 01:07 AM,
Trauth, there the very reasons I stopped playing SB..it was torture seeing just how close it was to being the best tactical game out there..but was hamstrung by the effectiveness\ammo mechanic add that with knowing JT will never take another look and redo it or even add things like multilevel buildings, for me it was frustrating.

(09-07-2013, 03:49 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Ok, yeah that one makes more sense - I don't have it myself, but probably hope to grab it - I remember seeing that one advertised in S&T back in the SPI days, but never came across it then. Big Grin

(09-06-2013, 10:26 PM)Wodin Wrote: Whoops..getting confused thats the name of the TAOWIII scenario..I meant Battle for Stalingrad (just released again by Excalibur games).

Well I was thinking more a grand tactical game being Coy scale. Same as SoS and the game below (though that maybe battalion, can't remember). Something similar to those two games anyway.

Game link

Lowlander..Liverpool myself.

(09-06-2013, 10:17 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Turning Point Stalingrad? You mean the area movement game by Avalon Hill?

Seriously, I doubt you can call any area movement game a tactical level game.

_____

Interesting about PzB, but does the engine allow for multiple day scenarios? I can afford to wait on the answer -but that is what I would find to be very interesting if it would. Mex Big Grin

I should say that the Stalingrad map in Advance of the Reich was what sold me on that series - however, well ... as the series is not intended for multiple day actions (in fact I don't think that you can -because of no day/night cycle or extended command control, or I think a more robust resupply system) ... I hope that something can and will do that at some point.
Send this user an email