• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk '44 Team Game Opening
08-31-2013, 04:44 AM,
RE: Minsk '44 Team Game Opening
(08-31-2013, 12:47 AM)burroughs Wrote: Indeed, let's not get firmly fixed on purely doctrinal thinking - a campaign team game being a complex endeavor including many factors indeed requires a careful thinking prior to launching it. From what I have seen at the site, I'd probably give my vote for "The Battle for Belorussia" by Cavalry Corps, Smith's version being tilted way into the German favor as the reports there show. His approach is truly inspiring with lots of issues taken into consideration as the readme file description points out, but perhaps the need to balance everything defies the historic truth about the situation there before "Bagration" got launched - I understand the necessity to make the gameplay attractive for both sides without putting the German into a position of crash test dummy and prevent people dropping off, but perhaps without allowing that to overshadow everything else.

Where might I find Cavalry Crops' version?
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2013, 05:47 AM,
Hi,
"is this a deal-breaker for you?" Of course not.
Use a translator of google, I do not speak English.
What I mean is that I accept balanced scenario. I do not like any rule like air strikes everywhere that interdiction multiplied far beyond the historical.
The truth is that the Germans have historically it difficult but the challenge escambiar history.

A greeting.
08-31-2013, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013, 05:50 AM by burroughs.)
Here - Scenarios in the top menu - Tiller operational campaigns ( bottom of the list) - Minsk '44 - there You have it.

Aw, nuts ...

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Till...7&ladder=3

My mistake - originally it's Sgt Fury's scenario after all.
09-01-2013, 04:21 AM,
(08-31-2013, 05:49 AM)burroughs Wrote: Here - Scenarios in the top menu - Tiller operational campaigns ( bottom of the list) - Minsk '44 - there You have it.

Aw, nuts ...

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Till...7&ladder=3

My mistake - originally it's Sgt Fury's scenario after all.

It appears to be, still, a Soviet Advantage, but that is fine by me (assuming I"ll be the German commander).

I can play this scenario.

What say all of you?
09-01-2013, 05:03 AM,
I doubt that there is a version which grants neither side wit a certain advantage so I am good with that choice, but that's quite obvious, given the circumstances.
09-01-2013, 05:20 AM,
(09-01-2013, 05:03 AM)burroughs Wrote: I doubt that there is a version which grants neither side wit a certain advantage so I am good with that choice, but that's quite obvious, given the circumstances.

Ugh. "Error reading file."

When you DL and unzip this file, how many files unzip? I saw only one zip file downloaded and one file unzipped. I get the feeling more should have unzipped.
09-01-2013, 06:00 AM,
Open the zip first to see what is there. I see a "read_me" sort of doc along with the scenario and OOB files, along with some graphics. Also, it states the VM mod for Minsk is needed - for more graphics I believe.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-01-2013, 07:21 AM,
(09-01-2013, 06:00 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Open the zip first to see what is there. I see a "read_me" sort of doc along with the scenario and OOB files, along with some graphics. Also, it states the VM mod for Minsk is needed - for more graphics I believe.

Rick

Thank you, Ricky, but I still got the error reading file.

This is unreal. I had the same problem when I tried to run VM_Alt of the same scenario under VISTA. Now, using Win 8, I'm getting a similar error.
09-01-2013, 07:16 PM,
Hi,

I have the Windows Vista ...

Maseda.
09-01-2013, 08:15 PM,
(09-01-2013, 05:20 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote: Ugh. "Error reading file."

When you DL and unzip this file, how many files unzip? I saw only one zip file downloaded and one file unzipped. I get the feeling more should have unzipped.

Six elements in total, three folders with custom images for the map and the units and three files, values, the scenario itself and the readme one. No problem on Win 7. That's what happens, gentlemen, when You use the latest hi tec software - it's all beta versions in the constant process of making it usable.

Just some malice here, I believe the issue is elsewhere.