• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk '44 Team Game Opening
08-21-2013, 07:26 AM,
New Game  Minsk '44 Team Game Opening
Hello!

Looking for German and Russian players for a team game of the 6/23/_01A scenario.

Best with three per side.

Hiroo
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 04:01 PM,
RE: Minsk '44 Team Game Opening
Hi

I do not mind to take part in the campaign, which side to play, for me it does not matter.
08-21-2013, 06:46 PM,
I have just had a look at the Soviet side of the front line since I'd like to apply for the Stavka staff post - three people there is an absolute minimum and in terms of the smoothness of the gameplay - the optimal number. We'll need to balance carefully those two factors - the 1st Belorussian Front solely is hell of a monster to manage.

I have been in four team games so far, including the SB Bloody Tarawa which has apparently just ended so the whole affair is not new to me. I may prioritize if necessary, but l'd like to discuss the optional settings carefully. Nevertheless let's first see if there are enough volunteers to fill in the ranks.
08-22-2013, 07:56 AM,
(08-21-2013, 06:46 PM)burroughs Wrote: I have just had a look at the Soviet side of the front line since I'd like to apply for the Stavka staff post - three people there is an absolute minimum and in terms of the smoothness of the gameplay - the optimal number. We'll need to balance carefully those two factors - the 1st Belorussian Front solely is hell of a monster to manage.

I have been in four team games so far, including the SB Bloody Tarawa which has apparently just ended so the whole affair is not new to me. I may prioritize if necessary, but l'd like to discuss the optional settings carefully. Nevertheless let's first see if there are enough volunteers to fill in the ranks.

Burroughs....If you want 4 on the Russian side that is fine. The last time I played we had 3 per side.

So far we have Marder, you and Myself. 3 or 4 more and we're ready
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM,
hi

how do you play team pbem?

smurf309
08-22-2013, 09:34 AM,
(08-22-2013, 09:07 AM)smurf309 Wrote: hi

smurf309

Each member take their turn of whatever forces have been assigned to them, they SAVE the game (not end the turn) and then email it to the other members.

Only the team leader hits END TURN, then mails it to the other side.
08-22-2013, 10:35 AM,
(08-22-2013, 09:34 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 09:07 AM)smurf309 Wrote: hi

smurf309

Each member take their turn of whatever forces have been assigned to them, they SAVE the game (not end the turn) and then email it to the other members.

Only the team leader hits END TURN, then mails it to the other side.

thanks

good luck with your gameSmile
08-22-2013, 03:52 PM,
(08-22-2013, 07:56 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote: burroughs....If you want 4 on the Russian side that is fine. The last time I played we had 3 per side.

Actually three folks for the Soviet side would be just fine: one takes 1st Belorussian Front, another the 3rd and if we merge the 2nd Belorussian and the Baltic Fronts we get third command of a size similar to the two previous ones. Dunno about the German force, I never take a look at the OpFor to prevent the dissipation of the fog of war.

Talking about which - so You've played the scenario before? Was the game concluded? Either I have overlooked that or it's missing from Your profile statistics here?

Perhaps we should advertise a little among our own opponents? That is how I got my Kharkov '43 grand campaign team game running; I had never posted for volunteers, decided that the matter is too delicate to lean on popular support and I talked some of trusted fellow wargamers into taking part instead.
08-24-2013, 07:37 AM,
(08-22-2013, 03:52 PM)burroughs Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 07:56 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote: burroughs....If you want 4 on the Russian side that is fine. The last time I played we had 3 per side.

Actually three folks for the Soviet side would be just fine: one takes 1st Belorussian Front, another the 3rd and if we merge the 2nd Belorussian and the Baltic Fronts we get third command of a size similar to the two previous ones. Dunno about the German force, I never take a look at the OpFor to prevent the dissipation of the fog of war.

Talking about which - so You've played the scenario before? Was the game concluded? Either I have overlooked that or it's missing from Your profile statistics here?

Perhaps we should advertise a little among our own opponents? That is how I got my Kharkov '43 grand campaign team game running; I had never posted for volunteers, decided that the matter is too delicate to lean on popular support and I talked some of trusted fellow wargamers into taking part instead.

Hello,

The game was started, but not concluded. People dropped out so Josey Wales and I, the only two remaining, called it quits.

I've been away from these games due to a divorce two years ago, but now I'm tanned, ready and rested and getting back into the games!

I'm a dedicated player, some 12 years on the Blitz.
08-24-2013, 01:01 PM,
(08-24-2013, 07:37 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote: The game was started, but not concluded. People dropped out so Josey Wales and I, the only two remaining, called it quits.

I've been away from these games due to a divorce two years ago, but now I'm tanned, ready and rested and getting back into the games!

I'm a dedicated player, some 12 years on the Blitz.

TEEHEE Aw, yes, a divorce always supports wargaming, I have learnt that myself. People dropping out just the contrary so it's important to mess with and stick to the proper ones; I haven't gotten round to that yet, but I was to scan my contacts to talk to my opponents and see whom I would try to recruit if possible and I'll do that by the end of the week, this idea inspired me a lot - again.Crazy