• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone else having trouble with LOS
08-16-2013, 04:04 AM,
RE: Anyone else having trouble with LOS
(08-15-2013, 06:47 AM)Weasel Wrote: Which is silly game wise because the buildings provide the best protection against artillery and heavy weapons. So next time I will be buying fox holes to put my AT teams into but in this game I guess I will just get my guys to run out of the buildings into the artillery to try and stop the tanks running through the city.

There are a few more feature rich urban maps around now. Some of the QB maps that shipped were pretty much blocks and blocks of just buildings which is a pretty hard place for infantry to deal with tanks. But here is one thing you can do.

Keep your AT teams in the buildings for safety and hiding. Make sure other teams have eyes on the enemy so you can plot safe moves for your AT teams when there is an ambush opportunity. What you want is a place where your AT team can run across a street or other small amount of open ground from cover to cover. They will fire at the tank while they are out in the street. Clearly you don't want to be doing this directly in front of the tank. If you do it to the side or rear of a tank you can do it without being detected. If you distract the tank your chances go up. If your guys are in good order your chances go up. If you guys are in command your chances go up.

There was a recent very interesting discussion on the BF forums recently:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/arc...08248.html a while back a member had suggested this tactic and a few of us did some testing and got it to work.

Some experimentation is needed though. I tried something similar in a real game and found that running out and then back to the same place did not work as well. Check out the three or four turns described in this thread starting at post 272:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=105660

You can see that I got it to work finally. Usually you don't get as many chances as I did.
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 01:31 PM,
RE: Anyone else having trouble with LOS
(08-16-2013, 01:45 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: I strongly suspect, same as raz_atoth, that your tiger does not have LOF to the target. That symptom of the gunner aiming, spotting is a strong indication of that. The way the game works each crewman spots on their own. It is not uncommon for the TC - who usually has the highest vantage point - can see something the gunner cannot fire at.

The solution is to jockey your tanks position such that it improves its vantage point. Perhaps a bit forward on a hill to get higher, perhaps back up an forward slightly to one side to get away from a tree that is blocking. I find that getting down at gun height and turning on trees helps figure out what my guys are going to be able to fire at.

Here is a little video tutorial I put together showing how I check visibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6IhU2frfmE

When I say visibility I mean LOF.

not sure on that, the sherman and my Ktiger are now 62m apart on an open field...staring at each other with no shots fired from the 15 second in mark, not even aiming. Maybe the game is playing dust without showing it or something.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply