• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Merging tanks - beware of this
07-30-2013, 06:37 AM,
Merging tanks - beware of this
Playing a game and my M10 was hunting down a De-fanged Tiger. I gave it a target armour arc and hunt command and moved him towards the LOS tiger. Even though my M10 moved within in the arc I gave it did not engage but instead kept driving straight towards the Tiger. Now normally when two vehicles meet the moving one stops, backs up and goes around, but this time the Tiger and M10 moved into the same space. The Tiger then opened up with his co-ax MG and started killing the buttoned crew of the M10, my M10 wouldn't fire because the Tiger was inside the barrel. The end story, the Tiger is as it was and my M10 is down two crew members.

Very strange and I am sure this bug has to do with the hunt command/arc combination (the arc was 360 degrees).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 08:22 AM,
RE: Merging tanks - beware of this
Just to rule out the obvious:
1) The Tiger was inside the arc?
2) The M10 spotted the Tiger?

With a hunt order and 2) your M10 should have stopped then try to put a shell through the Tiger's armor. I haven't really seen a 'hunting' tank not stopping if the prey was inside the arc. Must be a bug which probably is trigger just under some rare occurrences.
Send this user an email
07-30-2013, 11:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 11:45 AM by Weasel.)
RE: Merging tanks - beware of this
(07-30-2013, 08:22 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: Just to rule out the obvious:
1) The Tiger was inside the arc?
2) The M10 spotted the Tiger?

With a hunt order and 2) your M10 should have stopped then try to put a shell through the Tiger's armor. I haven't really seen a 'hunting' tank not stopping if the prey was inside the arc. Must be a bug which probably is trigger just under some rare occurrences.

Yes "moved him towards the LOS tiger. Even though my M10 moved within the arc I gave it did not engage". I had eyes on for a turn or two before but wanted to get real close to ensure the round penetrated, arc was set for 60m.

*** just for more information, the tiger was directly east and facing the M10 so I gave the M10 a NE hunt move order but instead he moved directly east and through the tiger. This tiger has endured tons and tons of hits but beside no gun seems to be fine, almost buggy like***
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha