• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: My take on tablet gaming for PzC/MC is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
#1 I have played PzC/MC on a tablet.
5.41%
2 5.41%
#2 I have a tablet, but have not tried to play PzC/MC on a tablet device.
27.03%
10 27.03%
#3 I only play PzC/MC on a PC. Not interested in tablets.
37.84%
14 37.84%
#4 I use an Andriod tablet.
10.81%
4 10.81%
#5 I use an Apple OS tablet.
13.51%
5 13.51%
#6 I use another OS tablet.
5.41%
2 5.41%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tablet Play for PzC/MC
07-30-2013, 03:56 PM,
RE: Tablet Play for PzC/MC
Interesting... I've got an iPad so as far as I know can't play on it yet.

I've been playing some simple strategy games on it, but nothing too complicated. Would be interested to see what comes out for PzC on the iPad, I would certainly pick up an East Front game and see if I like it. Generally, though, I only play campaigns so am not sure if tablet play will be my thing.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013, 07:00 AM by ec2285.)
This is my dream.

I have been trying to play Panzer Campaigns on my iPad for over a year. The best I could come up with is through some of the Remote Contral of your desktop PC software. I have been able to get it to work and played some scenarios but it was all very clunky and eventually I gave up.

I have seriously considered buying a Surface Pro for the sole reason of playing Panzer Campaigns because I thought it would be better.

I'm buying them when/if they come out. Hope for a true port of the current titles but with a touch interface. It will be awesome.
08-03-2013, 08:25 AM,
(08-03-2013, 06:57 AM)ec2285 Wrote: This is my dream.

I have been trying to play Panzer Campaigns on my iPad for over a year. The best I could come up with is through some of the Remote Contral of your desktop PC software. I have been able to get it to work and played some scenarios but it was all very clunky and eventually I gave up.

I have seriously considered buying a Surface Pro for the sole reason of playing Panzer Campaigns because I thought it would be better.

I'm buying them when/if they come out. Hope for a true port of the current titles but with a touch interface. It will be awesome.

I play now on my 24" 16:9 wide monitor and I'm thinking about getting a 27" WQHD for the increased screen real estate. Can't even imagine playing on my 10" iPad .
08-03-2013, 08:45 AM,
I have to agree, i have nothing against playing on a tablet, but for me the screen size would be a massive downside unless you were playing scenarios with very small maps.
08-03-2013, 12:34 PM,
Tablets can easily be broadcast to a large screen digital TV. This is already done for streaming video. I believe the same can be done for any other app, including games.

The easiest way is to connect both devices with and HDMI cable.

There also are wireless solutions using your home network. I am not up on all of those at this time, so some one else will have to post how it is done.

Bottom line...
The small screen is no limitation. The tablet is easier to move from room to room than your laptop was.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-03-2013, 01:19 PM,
I got a Toshiba qosmio 18.4in laptop and if thats not enough the HDMI input on the side into the 60in flatscreen is nice. I had a tablet for work, i wouldnt play games on there, my eyes would hurt after 2 hours.
Rangers Lead the Way
08-03-2013, 11:37 PM,
(08-03-2013, 08:25 AM)tbridges Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 06:57 AM)ec2285 Wrote: This is my dream.

I play now on my 24" 16:9 wide monitor and I'm thinking about getting a 27" WQHD for the increased screen real estate. Can't even imagine playing on my 10" iPad .

The issue for me is time. Obviously playing on my dual monitors at my home workstation has a lot of advantages. However, I have to find the time to sit in my office (without the kids, wife, etc) and have a chunk of time to play. This happens about once a month. Meanwhile I have lots of 10-15 minute chunks of time to play little IPAD games when I am waiting to pick the kids up, have a few minutes at lunch at work etc. I could probably play PzC nearly everyday.

In my mind this will be the same as the kindle vs. a book. I love to sit down for a couple hours and read a book. Finding the time is tricky. Once I got the kindle app on my iphone my reading has increased by 4-5 x as much because I can use these little moments. I went from reading a book a month or so to just about 1 a week.
08-04-2013, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013, 02:51 AM by tbridges.)
(08-03-2013, 12:34 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Tablets can easily be broadcast to a large screen digital TV. This is already done for streaming video. I believe the same can be done for any other app, including games.

The easiest way is to connect both devices with and HDMI cable.

There also are wireless solutions using your home network. I am not up on all of those at this time, so some one else will have to post how it is done.

Bottom line...
The small screen is no limitation. The tablet is easier to move from room to room than your laptop was.

Dog Soldier

Hey DS...have you actually seen this connection in action? What happens to the resolution? Does it look sharp or fuzzy on the big TV?
08-05-2013, 12:25 PM,
What I have seen looks just fine on the big screen. It is not PzC, other tablet stuff, like photos. A tablet and big flat screen with HDMI cable is the modern equivalent of the old slide projector for sharing vacations shots over drinks and munchies with the neighbors and family.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-06-2013, 01:56 PM,
I have an HDMI adapter for my Microsoft Surface. My wife streams movies/shows off the network harddrive and watches them on the TV in the bedroom. As DogSoldier pointed out, the surface is a lot lighter and easier to tuck in by the TV then a laptop.

The resolution is fine.

I just wish that there was a button (like the fire/move toggle) that would toggle between viewing the info on the units and the portraits. Then it would be fine to play on the tablet...although I am not sure I would like to play a large campaign/map.