• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: My take on tablet gaming for PzC/MC is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
#1 I have played PzC/MC on a tablet.
5.41%
2 5.41%
#2 I have a tablet, but have not tried to play PzC/MC on a tablet device.
27.03%
10 27.03%
#3 I only play PzC/MC on a PC. Not interested in tablets.
37.84%
14 37.84%
#4 I use an Andriod tablet.
10.81%
4 10.81%
#5 I use an Apple OS tablet.
13.51%
5 13.51%
#6 I use another OS tablet.
5.41%
2 5.41%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tablet Play for PzC/MC
07-25-2013, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013, 06:13 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Tablet Play for PzC/MC
Have you tried to play PzC/MC series games on a tablet PC?
Answer the poll by answering one of the first three questions, (1-3) then answering one of the second set of three questions if they apply to you (4-6). In the second set you can vote for more than one of the options if you have used more than one type of tablet for playing PzC/MC.
You should answer one of the second question set before clicking the Vote! button if you clicked on one of the first two in the first three questions.

Sorry for the way this is presented, but the polling app in the forums is limited in what it can do.

Write comments in this thread about your experience trying to play these games on a tablet device, good and bad.

What features would you want to see in a tablet version of these games.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 06:00 AM,
RE: Tablet Play for PzC/MC
Is it currently possible to play these type of games on a tablet via PBEM or are you just limited to playing against the AI?
07-25-2013, 06:14 AM,
Either type of play, PBEM or AI can count for voting.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
07-25-2013, 06:17 AM,
So I am guessing that PBEM is possible?
07-25-2013, 06:21 AM,
Dunno at this point. We will see in the comments in this thread from those who tried it.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
07-25-2013, 08:10 AM,
I answered the middle one ( but for me it extends to all hex counter style games -although I am mostly thinking of the other grand tactical scale titles Tiller has put out ).

More screen space is always good - plus I really don't know what the attraction is to put finger prints all over a screen ( my parents never wanted me to touch the TV screen when I was little ... why does anyone else get away with it now??? I feel ripped off, in a sense. Big Grin ).
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-25-2013, 10:32 AM,
(07-25-2013, 06:00 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Is it currently possible to play these type of games on a tablet via PBEM or are you just limited to playing against the AI?

Well, when the new touchscreens came into the office, I loaded up Mius and tried it out.

To my frustration, I learned that there is no way to implement the CTRL-Left or CTRL-Right, etc., hence no practicable way to play using the touchscreen.

I have to wonder how playing on a tablet PC would be any different.
07-25-2013, 12:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM by Dog Soldier.)
(07-25-2013, 08:10 AM)trauth116 Wrote: More screen space is always good - plus I really don't know what the attraction is to put finger prints all over a screen ( my parents never wanted me to touch the TV screen when I was little ... why does anyone else get away with it now??? I feel ripped off, in a sense. Big Grin ).
(07-25-2013, 10:32 AM)Liebchen Wrote: To my frustration, I learned that there is no way to implement the CTRL-Left or CTRL-Right, etc., hence no practicable way to play using the touchscreen.

I have to wonder how playing on a tablet PC would be any different.
I know there are compact bluetooth keyboards & mice out there for tablets. I wonder if those would give the same feel as a PC keyboard & mouse.

However, that defeats the pleasure of playing N44 on a beach. Big Grin

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
07-30-2013, 08:46 AM,
I own a Microsoft Surface, and have tried playing. The experience was lacking compared to the PC, but I could see how it could be a lot better with a future UI.

I don't recall the details, but I played around with sticky keys and accessibility to try and get the CTRL fire and shift to see details. The surface also comes with the neat keyboard/cover that has a touch mouse and made the game playable.
07-30-2013, 03:43 PM,
As Rich has let the cat out of the bag...

Post in Squad Battles Forum

We have an App version of Modern Air Power out now for the iOS & Android. We have a version running in development for Panzer Campaigns as well...so good chance Squad Battled will be ported too, one day. http://www.johntillersoftware.com/

These apps will use alternatives to right click/left click etc. I have not seen them up and running myself but expect it will only be segments of games (not full campaigns) and priced accordingly. Do not quote me as I don't know, just thinking of the hardware limitations in RAM and screen real estate.

There is a lot of work being done inside John Tiller Software to ensure your games look and feel like 21st century games on 21st century hardware.... :)

David