• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

This is why I hate WW2 documentaries
09-14-2013, 09:49 AM,
RE: This is why I hate WW2 documentaries
I did watch one on History Channel about France 40 and when they were talking about the Brits at Arras, they were showing Shermans and PzIVs.
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2013, 10:00 AM,
(09-14-2013, 09:49 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I did watch one on History Channel about France 40 and when they were talking about the Brits at Arras, they were showing Shermans and PzIVs.

You're not supposed to know the difference Mr. Wales. Big Laugh
09-15-2013, 01:48 AM,
You know as well as I do, including yourself, that we just can't help it! Drive my wife and company nuts when I see and comment on stuff like that during movies and tv shows. :)
09-15-2013, 04:36 AM,
I am an expert at picking apart stuff in a movie or tv show, I always go "did you see that" and then stop and rewind to point out the flaws.

I watched a two part doc. on the 5th RTR called "tankies" on you tube and it was accurate all the way through, I think that is because the narrator was a zipper head. You may wish to check it out.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-22-2013, 08:27 PM,
The fake shooting, track and arty sounds drive me nuts in the 'Discovery' type of docos.
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM,
Discovery is pretty crappy all the way around for doc., I hate how everything is "off by 1mm and the entire world will blow up".
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha