• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

infantry hunt command
06-04-2013, 02:56 AM,
infantry hunt command
Has anyone else noticed that the hunt command for grunts is rather useless? The book states the troops will carefully go forward scouting for the enemy and then engage them if found. I have found it is more like "the troops will slowly go forward, spot nothing, come under fire and loose their leader and become pinned" I have yet to have a unit with the hunt command find anything before being taken under effective fire. It seems to work ok for tanks if the commander is up.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 03:32 AM,
RE: infantry hunt command
That's my experience as well. I only use hunt when my troops are in good cover. For example,they are at the edge of a forest and i expect to see the bad guys when they'll have los to the other side.
For pretty much all other cases you'll be much better without using hunt.
Send this user an email
06-04-2013, 10:25 AM,
Yeah, they don't seem to move to engage - more like they move forward until they get a few distant sniffs of the enemy, then stop. It's useful for scouting though.
06-04-2013, 01:34 PM,
Glad I am not the only one. I normally use hunt as 'advance to contact' but it doesn't work for that, so I guess it then falls to either move or quick.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha