• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next???
12-05-2013, 03:52 AM,
RE: Whats next???
Just like PzCs and MCs, PBs could also work with a sequel for post ww2 historical and hypothetical, that would be cool. PBs could also fill a great void by having the larger battles some of us seek in SBs. It sounds like a new and improved CS type game, but having a PzCs flare and mix to it. I like CS, but the infantry detail is lacking with the strength point vs the looks of the teaser with actual number of men like in PzCs. Chomping at the bit for that one and hopefully a post ww2 one as well or at least a bunch of scenarios for both. A new way to fight Market-Garden with more detail, or Normandy and Bulge, but probably on smaller scenarios than the overall campaigns. It makes sense with all the things that happened with troops being split sending a company of inf and platoon of tanks to this village or a company of tanks and inf to another etc etc. If we end up with both ww2 and post ww2 same or separate titles, I feel it's going to be smoking hot games.
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 04:16 AM,
(12-05-2013, 03:52 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Just like PzCs and MCs, PBs could also work with a sequel for post ww2 historical and hypothetical, that would be cool. PBs could also fill a great void by having the larger battles some of us seek in SBs. It sounds like a new and improved CS type game, but having a PzCs flare and mix to it. I like CS, but the infantry detail is lacking with the strength point vs the looks of the teaser with actual number of men like in PzCs. Chomping at the bit for that one and hopefully a post ww2 one as well or at least a bunch of scenarios for both. A new way to fight Market-Garden with more detail, or Normandy and Bulge, but probably on smaller scenarios than the overall campaigns. It makes sense with all the things that happened with troops being split sending a company of inf and platoon of tanks to this village or a company of tanks and inf to another etc etc. If we end up with both ww2 and post ww2 same or separate titles, I feel it's going to be smoking hot games.

If you want to play a large scenario like Operation Goodwood it would have to be a team game just like the VonEarlman scenarios for CS. You hit it on the nail head OJW. Now without saying to much and getting David mad at me Whistle You know there are always a good number of scenarios with the games and the ones I've played are freakin awesome Helmet Wink
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
12-05-2013, 12:22 PM,
If you want to play a large scenario like Operation Goodwood it would have to be a team game just like the VonEarlman scenarios for CS. You hit it on the nail head OJW. Now without saying to much and getting David mad at me Whistle You know there are always a good number of scenarios with the games and the ones I've played are freakin awesome Helmet Wink
[/quote]

I sure do! Looking forward to it. I can see it now, St. Vith, Bastogne, Wiltz, Clervaux and KG Peiper just for starters. So looking forward to this or these titles.
12-05-2013, 02:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 02:31 PM by Strela.)
Wow Tide - you could be in big trouble.....! Wink

As people have seen there are new map graphics that have been shown. These have already made it into the new Tiller Mobile App's, but with (only) slightly less detail due to the form factor.

Xaver's shot is from a PC version, so is a good indicator of the direction we are going with the map's. Personally, I am finding that the pseudo '3D' a great way to show the difference between the height levels. We did try the terrain in a single colour, but came back to the different colour per level. As an additional comment, you can still turn contours on if you want to accentuate the contour lines further. With the height levels clearer it is much easier to understand line of sight and other terrain dependant factors.

Finally, here is today's tease.

We have removed the 'counters' that were used to represent fortifications and other structures. These are now built 'into' the map. You can see an example I created to demonstrate this below. The different coloured hexes are there so you can see the coloured corners (and the type of fortification by the colour) when there is a stack of (square) counters in the hex.

In Game Size
[Image: d6a35c995cPB%20Graphics%202.png]

Double Size
[Image: 79765390abPB%20Graphics%202%20big.png]
12-05-2013, 03:46 PM,
Now your both in trouble..........
Rangers Lead the Way
12-05-2013, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 04:47 PM by ComradeP.)
Will there still be a way to toggle on-map counters (possibly on top of those build into the map) for those static objects? If the ground turns brown due to mud, those trenches and the mines in particular would be difficult to spot.
12-05-2013, 06:24 PM,
The mine and wires look the same I think
12-05-2013, 09:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 09:33 PM by Xaver.)
First of all thanks for the images, maybe you can do a "preview" where explain all changes in engine like the one with WWI VS PzC.

Is good see these changes because i think the change of how show on map structures (mines, bunkers etc etc) is a big change, i like specially the way to see now what is a trenche what is a IP, the border in diferent colour looks like made you use big counters without lose the info under it.

Maybe the only "but..." is mines, hard to see in open terrain, if you have mines in forest or with wire is a miracle see the mines... as a little suggestion is possible use a mines signal like in Tiller campaigns??? i refer show mines as you have now (maybe with bigger mines) and this:

[Image: achtung-minen.jpg]

Apart this looks great, i really expect see them soon in my HD... and if is for free much better, i continue with crazy theories i think i dont say that next title could be "War of the worlds" aliens VS mutant nazi zombies ... to cover all options Big Grin

Naaa sure is a PzB question for me is if a 2nd title could be a new serie (Armored battles???) or a new title in an old serie... maybe PzC goes to the Pacific Shark

EDIT: i think that if you use a border in defensive constructions to see if is a trenche or an IP you can use with mines and wires a dot in a hex corner... a red dot for mines and a white dot for wire... for example.
12-06-2013, 12:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 12:45 AM by Strela.)
(12-05-2013, 04:47 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Will there still be a way to toggle on-map counters (possibly on top of those build into the map) for those static objects? If the ground turns brown due to mud, those trenches and the mines in particular would be difficult to spot.

Yes you can toggle units off and/or put special markers on top.

(12-05-2013, 06:24 PM)Mike Bowen Wrote: The mine and wires look the same I think

Your kidding aren't you? The name for wire and mines is directly below the new fortification image.

(12-05-2013, 09:23 PM)Xaver Wrote: First of all thanks for the images, maybe you can do a "preview" where explain all changes in engine like the one with WWI VS PzC.

Is good see these changes because i think the change of how show on map structures (mines, bunkers etc etc) is a big change, i like specially the way to see now what is a trenche what is a IP, the border in diferent colour looks like made you use big counters without lose the info under it.

Maybe the only "but..." is mines, hard to see in open terrain, if you have mines in forest or with wire is a miracle see the mines... as a little suggestion is possible use a mines signal like in Tiller campaigns??? i refer show mines as you have now (maybe with bigger mines) and this:

[Image: achtung-minen.jpg]

Apart this looks great, i really expect see them soon in my HD... and if is for free much better, i continue with crazy theories i think i dont say that next title could be "War of the worlds" aliens VS mutant nazi zombies ... to cover all options Big Grin

Naaa sure is a PzB question for me is if a 2nd title could be a new serie (Armored battles???) or a new title in an old serie... maybe PzC goes to the Pacific Shark

EDIT: i think that if you use a border in defensive constructions to see if is a trenche or an IP you can use with mines and wires a dot in a hex corner... a red dot for mines and a white dot for wire... for example.

Looked at that (the mine sign). This is meant to be viewed from above (i.e. top down).

The play test team have discussed different formats for mines and most preferred the more subtle look. Yes it's hard to see in trees and other terrain, but they weren't meant to be easily spotted either.

The other consideration is that there are level 2 & 3 minefields that currently represented by having more mines in hex. Harder to do that with a sign.

Finally, all this is easy to mod, so you can change it to look like what you want....

David
12-06-2013, 12:55 AM,
Maybe a mouse-over feature, that could be toggled off by those that do not want it, would be a good way of showing underlying fortifications?

Gerry