• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next???
05-29-2013, 08:24 PM,
Whats next???
Well, we are near 6 months with no new title, very close to the biggest time with no release (i refer to games no patches, demos or betas) and i think is time to liberate speculation from his cage Rolling Eyes

What PzC titles can arrive to the serie??? here is a mix of titles with real options to be released and what i want see, lets do a list.

I divide it in 2, west and east

West:
-Poland39: maybe not the most interesting title... is like France 40 but with a weaker allied (no armor and less airpower) and worst terrain to defend but has his point because germans are weaker to (i see Panzer/light division with xp between B-C and infantry between C-D) and if game covers the soviet intervention...and there are interesting what ifs, i think in west allies send help (a mixed french-UK expeditionary force), other variant where soviets are neutral, other where soviets send limit help to polish and even a total war variant where soviets and west allies send help to Poland.

I think is a title with real options, in time scale enter in the PzC line, size... well, is big but not the biggest one.

-Scandinavia40: well, for me is even less interesting than Poland39 because you cant find here a lot of options maybe the main problem is scale in time and terrain and i see this more for SB or PzB (if is released somedayBig Grin)

-France40 2: cover the post France40 events and is possible add South France invasion by Italy... but i doubt see it only if what ifs add value to it.

-Balkans40-41: an interesting mixed title, like Salerno43, here is possible cover italian invasion in Albania and the fights in 1941, could be interesting but maybe hard to see because you need create 3 different battles and there are other titles with more sex appeal.

And here ends the first period of war in west.

In the post Normandy period we have:

-Race to the west wall44: cover the period between Normandy and Bulge, i dont know a lot of this period, is not a bad option but like Balkans41 are other more interesting titles.

-Westwall44-45: maybe i see here better join the previous title with this, main force is on westwall scens and race scens can be a bonus... maybe i see this like Moscow42 with winter and summer scens, title can finish before the final push to Berlin.

East:

Ufff here are a lot of things to cover but i refer to the most possible:

-Leningrad41: this title can cover the advance to Leningrad and the first fights aroud the city maybe until 1942 summer, with this you can have mobile fights and siege warfare... something like Budapest and is possible add Finland with what if where Finland push and not only hold the line... maybe here is possible add bonus scens to cover Winter war and advance to Leningrad from the north to compensate the siege scens hehehe.

-Kiev41: well nothing to say here this title cover the big bag with what ifs to made germans weaker or soviets stronger with coordinated attacks to open a gap to save this troops and maybe some battles before Kiev.

-Sebastopol42: as in Leningrad scens can cover the summer advance, fight around Odessa and with this compensate de less movile scens of Sebastopol.

And now i see the last war period battles.

-Kurland45: well nothing to say here.
-Romania44: covering how arrive to Budapest45 situation here is possible what ifs to cover not all romanian troops leave axis...

And well, my most love title that i know is very very very rare i can play it, Berlin45, with all his interesting options and bonus what if to cover west allies VS Soviets with germans as reinforces with kampgruppes to support old enemies VS other old enemies Helmet Wink

Out of PzC universe... well, maybe someday we can see PzB released, i am interested on this title a lot but more for his future options (i dont say no to battles in west, east and north Africa), i think that this scale is the one that can give us Pacific titles, i dont say that PzC is not good to cover the Pacific but is very limited here, maybe both battles in Philipines, Burma, Malaya, Okinawa and Japan46.

What do you think???
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM,
RE: Whats next???
Well we responded to your challenge by releasing the Moscow '42 1.01 patch :)

David
05-29-2013, 09:19 PM,
I say that i dont count patches and demos/betas hehehe.

But talking about patches... the add some time ago of the fanatic nations open here a lot of theories to the use of this new feature, from use in subnations like SS, Guards and airborne units (i think in Belin45 for example) or being more optimist Pacific titles.

Maybe this is why i dislike JT, no info about releases and since leave HPS we lose the 1-2 weeks of cryptic words from Rahamy in his gamesquad blog, you need swin in a lot of forums... JT minecraft mode hehehe.

I am waiting something in close future.
05-29-2013, 10:55 PM,
I pretty much only play East Front games and can't say that most of your suggestions sound very interesting, other than maybe Courland 45. The fact is that the existing games cover the most interesting battles already...

Before buying more games I want to play all of the PzC games which I've bought--I still haven't played a few (Moscow 41, Budapest 45) even once, not to mention the others in which I'd like to try some other scenarios (Moscow 42 Fall Kreml, Smolensk Alt scenarios) or some head-to-head games.

The best way to get more money from me would be to sell more design tools (map-maker, etc.).
05-29-2013, 11:09 PM,
I think it's be something about war in the pacific, Philippines campaign 44-45 or Burma. But I'll wait Monte Cassino or battle in the Ruhr area Rolling Eyes
05-29-2013, 11:56 PM,
This is an old problem with JT, dont have map editor (even some series dont have OOB and pdt editors you need use a text editor) and i think is a great lose because Tiller can provide people a map tool to give the option to explore other titles/series without invest resources.

The only PzC full mod (with new map) i know is Jarama37, is a good title, guy that create it do an excellent job, the OOB is precise but map has some problems, i edit OOB to made it better for PBEM (a chinese copy of Volcanoman great job hehehe) but cant edit the map... at least can improve look thanks to Jison help.

I want say that with a map editor for example Tiller can explore things like how recreate the engine Pacific battles, or test the interest in no WWII titles (Spanish civil war, 1920 war and using nap engine or France14 engine Franco Prussian war) all done by fans (Jarama37 for example uses battalion HQ something very rare in PzC titles only remember see this in ranger units rest regimental HQ as smaller HQ unit and is only usual in first titles for germans)

I allways think that if you are scared of the job done by a guy for fun maybe your game need more work... i remember that for Kharkov there is the 43 battle but for example i buy Kharkov43 because i like have more than the full battle (i am more player for med scens) this is why i never see something that rest sells, oposite, you can use the guys mods to interest people in have the full game, like a demo but by cost 0.

I wait to for a Pacific title (i like SBWWI but be SB rest for me interest in buy it same for both Pacific SB titles) you allways find interesting scens in PzC but sometimes is hard find good games for the Pacific, specific titles, TOAW has them and Battlefront has 1.

Lets see but maybe we are going to see a title from other serie like nap, EAW (i think that are some patches for this serie incoming) or ACW.
05-30-2013, 02:16 AM,
I'd still like to see a scenario that covers the entire North African Campaign.

Italy from the toe to the Po.

Maybe something a little different from PzCs with alot of detail that would cover the entire Med, including North Africa from the Atlantic to the Nile, middle East to Iraq, East Africa and the Balkans and Italy. Lots of options that would also include a new style naval and air componant. The Med would be the most manageable of the theaters as far as forces are concerned.

Something with alot of detail covering the entire ACW, Revolution and Naps and possibly even the Colonial times covering the globe.

Something covering the American West Indian Wars.

A global game covering post ww2 to present with the look of PzCs/MCs where one can operate any country in the world like the old Superpower game, but also the option to operate as many as one would want like taking Nato nations to keep the world free or something like that. A global map where you click on any country to bring up a map of that country where you can scroll all around the world or back click to the global map to move to another country from there. Land units look like PzCs/MCs that could be commited anywhere from a company to a whole division, individual ships and AF squadrons. It would kind of be a mix between Superpower and War in the Pacific, but much easier playability and understanding. You operate a country taht gets new tanks you deploy to your active units, the replaced tanks get shuffled off to your reserve units and their older tanks get saved for new reserve units in the future, scrapped for resources or put on the global market to seel to another country. Obviously, there is an economic aspect as well. But everything should be made simple to make a playable and enjoyable game.

Another idea would be to have the ACW about to start or already started and the North and South unite because America is drawn into a world war in the 1860s! Now that would really be something. :)

If anybody can do these things, JT's bunch can.
05-30-2013, 03:40 AM,
Well, to this scale is the "Total war" serie... but for me is far from the PzC quality, to abstract for my taste and i see/have games with more details (i dont talk about them but i think you at least know one of them, is a clasic one that can cover from XIX to XXI) that cover better this kind of games.

ACW... i remember the most complete game that cover it, "Civil war" from Empire, you have in a single title Strategic+Operational+tactical... and again i have now in my mind 2 modern titles that offer you are searching (one is going to have a version 2 in near future).

But returning to PzC, expand it to the Pacific is a good idea, maybe you can cover only 5-6 titles thanks to the scale (Malaya42, Philipines42-44, Burma44-45, Okinawa45, Japan46 and one covering battles in China), other history is PzB engine, this could cover the smaller actions and offer a different scale to the titles using PzC scale (i think in Guadalcanal, Saipan, Iwo Jima... all the island battles) and is a good combo to cover the Pacific.

Pacific titles depend a lot if JT release one title for this new serie and the only motive to think this is the fanatical nations add to engine but we have it one year ago??? i see more possible see a classic PzC title and i think that could be a west title (east-west-east...) or not.

PD: maybe other thing that limit Pacific titles is the engine limitations, see for example urban fight in PzC, when you face small villages is not a great problem but in Budapest45... and fight in the jungle could be similar to this, i think that engine needs an infiltration rule to add a new way to deal with fights in terrain with heavy defensive bonus BUT that in the true fight was less powerfull to defense.
05-30-2013, 08:34 AM,
I would like to see the Baltic Gap covered. I keep looking at the board game from Multi-man Publishing but the $70.00 price tag stops me :)
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
05-31-2013, 12:52 AM,
Those I mentioned above, if done, would be way more than anything out there. I guess it is hard to explain, but have not seen anything out there right now that I would spend money on as they just are not good enough, missing alot of details in different areas.