• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next???
11-17-2013, 08:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 08:33 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Whats next???
After thinking about it, there's a small chance that LSSAH's presence is hypothetical (it isn't moved to Italy) and the game could be about the post-Kursk Soviet offensives (Rumyantsev, Kutuzov possibly) east of the Dnepr, including the fighting near the Mius that is partially covered in the Mius 43 demo.

Still, it wouldn't be full strength in that case, so I'm still hoping for Zhitomir.

After checking a source, it seems there was some snow before late November, but not a lot of it, and the rasputitsa arrived shortly afterwards, shutting down offensive operations for a while until the Germans launched a second set of counterattacks in early December, after which the weather seems to have changed a bit again and the front stabilized until the Soviet Christmas offensive.
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013, 10:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM by Xaver.)
Maybe for me know if we are going to have a game in "Tiller crazy months" is enough... if you see release dates when JT leave HPS are practically all between November-March, only 2 titles are out of this time... 3 PzC+2 Nap+2 SQB+1 ACW VS 1 SQB+1 Nap a total of 8 titles in 5 months VS 2 titles in 7 months and this 2 titles i see them as a way to join with the spearheads but this year we dont have a linking title Big Grin

Other point is if we finally we have a new serie introduce it before release is a good point, do something like with WWI engine VS PzC engine i dont say discover the title of game i refer to lets us know how works a new son of the polivalent engine used by JT games Helmet Wink

I have a small hope to see a title this christmas during "Tiller black months" Whistle

Ummm to be a title covering post Citadelle battles i see excesive well equiped SS LSSAD maybe this units are taken directry from the OOB, an ideal OOB with units at 100% but from PzC experience i think to cover a period with german units heavy damage is better use their real initial strenght as 100% value to dont introduce from begining the malus for units under 70% ... if this rule is used of course.
11-18-2013, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 04:04 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Taz's map teaser looks like it could be for a new Squad Battles title, most likely post ww2, but where? Not sure. Perhaps more Nato/WP expanding the mod Red Star over Europe.

If it is the next installment to MCs, I would guess Hungary/Italy/Balkans area.

The unit graphics teaser I don't think is PzCs, even though it looks like it. It could very well be for the new Panzer Battles or whatever it is called, East Front somewhere, probably Kursk area or later. The reason I think it is not PzCs is because these are companies, listed at 100% and containing the plus signs after the names, indicating they can be broken down into platoons. Definitely tactical, not operational. Plus, it is a battalion KG with a headquarters. This could really lead to some magnificent gaming, especially if done in the same setup as PzCs. For example, Market-Garden at this scale with the scenarios I had been talking about for SBs where a scenaio is made for a para rgt, then another and another and then for the glider rgt and another tying all four together for one large scenario for the 101st AB, 82nd, Brit 1st etc etc. Then just keep it going for each title, especially Normandy, Sicily, North Africa, France40, Southern France, Norway and rather than Salerno and Anzio, it could be expanded into a title for Italian Campaign. There was much more than just Salerno and Anzio. Of course East Front stuff going on as well, but is obvious I am a West Front/Med fan first. But regardless of where it goes, it could really be better to eventually include Greece and Poland. Nothing more than a hopeful guess though.
11-18-2013, 11:18 PM,
I think the same, see a battalion HQ is a clue, other is the units size, biggest unit is company and the company has subunits... you can see to the motorcicle unit, 36 soldiers and has subunits... if i dont remember bad the smaller companies in PzC are the one in Budapest and they are between 67-100 soldiers but you cant split them more well, here i need say that in Tobruk 41 some scens have companies splited in smaller units but is an exception in PzC serie.

One thing i want know about PzB is how works HQ units, at the scale used "lose" 50 or more soldiers in a HQ unit that cant fight is important, i have some experience with Jarama37 mod and i do my own version of OOB trying to made it closer to Volcanoman OOBs and moving many of the soldiers in battalion HQs to fighting companies. Apart this i dont see changes in units from PzC, maybe here i prefer see infantry units divided in soldiers/vehicles, if you lose soldiers you win fatigue BUT if you lose vehicles you can lose mobility... i explain this:

Think a 100/10 unit soldiers/vehicles, you need mantein a minimal relation of 10/1 to dont lose mobility, if you lose more vehicles than soldiers the unit lose a certain number of points for every vehicle you are under to have the 10/1 relation, with this you can for non pure infantry units avoid use malus in mobility when win fatige... a unit could be exhausted by fighting but be mobile if has enough vehicles.

Damn, today again news in JT web... but is again for a mobile version WhipWink
12-02-2013, 10:02 PM,
Well, i find the map image, i think this is the PzB new map (similar to the maps for ipad and similar versions)

[Image: 5112f92913_PB_Map.jpg]

I think the image we have here is for "Armor battles" the PzB modern version, looks like Tazaaron is using his "modern touch" to provide us a PzB son with more T tanks VS big cats and generals hehehe.

I really expect a release this year, i remember last release was 30 december... and if is not this well, until february i can mantein certain hope.
12-03-2013, 08:30 AM,
Where was this diagram posted?

Thanks,

Gerry
12-03-2013, 09:54 AM,
(12-03-2013, 08:30 AM)GerryM Wrote: Where was this diagram posted?

Thanks,

Gerry

It was posted first in this very forum. It was also posted on the Wargamer. I won't say it will provide clues for the challenge I made in this thread. Big Grin

David
12-04-2013, 01:27 AM,
That style of relief map could be also be used in other JT series. Would be nice to see that as a patch some day. PzCs/MCs, SBs and ACW for me and EAW, Naps and Ancients for others.
12-04-2013, 03:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 03:13 PM by Elxaime.)
The next Modern Battles PzC game must be: The East is Red! The Soviet Union-People's Republic of China War of 1989.

This was the topic of some 1980's era board games. If I recall, it featured wide-ranging battles across Manchuria and Mongolia along with set piece dense fighting around key ports like Vladivostok.

Make it happen Volcano Man!
12-05-2013, 01:13 AM,
I want to see MC in the "extreme east" but i see more China doing on his way... Taiwan invasion, Japan invasion and support to North Korea 2nd try over South Korea... yes, we have Korea 85 but Volcanoman open the door to chinese intervention, i see this starting 1 week after invasion when North Korea is pinned or even retreating.

Maybe to cover this part of the world i prefer see a PzC title, i want see the fanatic nations working Helmet Wink

But i see closer PzB or at least i expect this i am curious about how work the engine in lower scope.

PD: give at least us a little teaser, Santa is coming and he doesnt have gifts for bad guys that dont give teasers WhipBig Grin