• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next???
11-15-2013, 05:39 PM,
RE: Whats next???
Battalion sized elements have separate HQs - and finally we get some much better graphics for icons and counters, way better than the last ones for Moscow '42. I have never deemed the PC / MC / FWWC / SB as 'ugly" or "underdeveloped" graphically, but on the other hand have always thought some solutions applied have just not been good enough and it wouldn't have hurt if that had been done a bit better.
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2013, 09:40 PM,
(11-15-2013, 05:39 PM)burroughs Wrote: I have never deemed the PC / MC / FWWC / SB as 'ugly" or "underdeveloped" graphically...

hmmm, out of the box I've always considered these games to be very ugly, but I've mixed and matched the various unit and terrain mods (Volcanoman and others) and while the results are very attractive, it would be nice to not have to jump through these hoops.
11-15-2013, 10:03 PM,
Well, is great know that "true" games are on the way, i need say that i was very interested in the PzB serie but now after 3-4 years and with 1 year with no releases... i miss a little interest specially in this scale after the release of a title covering same scale but with a much modern look and more on the XXI century level.

My only problem with art was allways with the first units images (that soviet and russian soldiers that looks a little psychedelic and abstract...) but nothing important after the increase in units graphic quality when JT leave HPS and map... here be allways the Aquiles heel but Jison for me give JT games a new life with his superb art.

I am interested in JT titles but not as usual as games they are the old and loyal friends but now i have new friends Helmet Wink

PD: expect see more teasers but maybe is time to do things like previews, sell the game 2-3 months before the release, i prefer dont have the game but have info about it than dont have the game and no info, i think that intruduce the new engine in same way you do with WWI engine VS WWII engine is a good point.
11-15-2013, 11:19 PM,
I'll keep saying it - Panzer Battles is very much alive and well. Hold the faith the day is approaching quickly.....

David
11-16-2013, 01:00 AM,
(11-15-2013, 10:03 PM)Xaver Wrote: Well, is great know that "true" games are on the way, i need say that i was very interested in the PzB serie but now after 3-4 years and with 1 year with no releases... i miss a little interest specially in this scale after the release of a title covering same scale but with a much modern look and more on the XXI century level.

My only problem with art was allways with the first units images (that soviet and russian soldiers that looks a little psychedelic and abstract...) but nothing important after the increase in units graphic quality when JT leave HPS and map... here be allways the Aquiles heel but Jison for me give JT games a new life with his superb art.

I am interested in JT titles but not as usual as games they are the old and loyal friends but now i have new friends Helmet Wink

PD: expect see more teasers but maybe is time to do things like previews, sell the game 2-3 months before the release, i prefer dont have the game but have info about it than dont have the game and no info, i think that intruduce the new engine in same way you do with WWI engine VS WWII engine is a good point.

What are you saying my preview wasnt enough for you.... LOL

The graphics all around have been improved 10 fold from past games and thats everything from units to terrain, some might still want to download a third partys graphics but the new ones will do just fine for most.
Rangers Lead the Way
11-16-2013, 02:44 AM,
Besides, the new graphics have and can be had in patches for all titles eventually.

With the new stuff, maybe with the teasers put out and a couple more, let people place their guesses and if correct, get a free title or the first one to get it correct. They just won't know it until the day or day before it is released that they get informed they get the title for free.
11-16-2013, 04:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 04:32 AM by Apollo11.)
Hmm, seems like new PzC title will be about Hungary\Austria 45 ( will be called something like Balaton 45 :) ). Budapest 44 has huge, but partly unused map, that can be used for modelling german offensive in March 1945 in new title. It's would be an interesting, but I'm still waiting Monte cassino :)
11-16-2013, 05:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 05:37 AM by Xaver.)
Dont understand me bad, all info is wellcome, specially in a JT title.

To be fair i dont remember see official info from a non released title... only info i remember see was easter eggs in a pair of game manuals (in a SB manual, i think was Dien Bien Phu, appear a image of a spanish legionario and other of a german sturm trupper before appear SCW and WWI titles) and in Nap manuals appear a capture where you can see a game folder called Marengo (here it could be a mod and not a true new title) and before Tiller leave HPS Rahamy give some "clues" some weeks before release on his gamesquad blog a few times.

Other eastern egg is the image in PzC manuals of japanese infantry and the "fanatical nations" phantom rule Big Grin2

To be JT see this images is a X file Twilight Zone Big Grin

But compared with other games i follow (and buy) well, is poor, i followed a game near a year and buy it some weeks ago and before game release i see images, info about game, developers reply questions and accept suggestions, an interactive DAR (the team member do the DAR where he ask what movement do and he replies questions about game) same DAR in videos uploaded in youtube and finally practically over release date some AARs...

Ummm i think is more PzB than a PzC title or at least i think this with the size of the units and see a battalion HQ unit... but well, is JT all is possible Rolling Eyes

I allways have money for a Tiller title if is interesting enough and if is not a SQB title, the only serie that doesnt catch my interest even when i am more a tactical gamer, in my case Tiller games are more than games many times i use them as support when i read a book for example i am reading now "DECISION IN THE UKRAINE SUMMER 1943 - II. SS AND III. PANZERKORPS by NIPE JR. GEORGE M" and i use Mius as interactive map Helmet Wink
11-16-2013, 06:49 AM,
"The Truth Is Out There"

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-16-2013, 12:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 12:03 PM by Strela.)
(11-16-2013, 02:44 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Besides, the new graphics have and can be had in patches for all titles eventually.

With the new stuff, maybe with the teasers put out and a couple more, let people place their guesses and if correct, get a free title or the first one to get it correct. They just won't know it until the day or day before it is released that they get informed they get the title for free.

As I'm the developer of one of the titles teased here, I will put up a copy of the game I'm working on to the first person who guesses the game series and game topic.

As Josey suggested we will notify the winner just before the game goes on sale - so unfortunately none of you will know whether you have won until then!

This is a Blitz exclusive and this little offer and the graphics I showed yesterday are to celebrate the one year anniversary of when I started work on this project.

The guys who have worked with me know what we started with and what has been done in that last year - I'm very confident that we won't be celebrating a second anniversary with the game unreleased! Helmet Wink

Foul - up to you whether you want a separate thread and possibly sticky it?

David