• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next???
06-01-2013, 04:52 PM,
RE: Whats next???
(06-01-2013, 03:23 PM)burroughs Wrote: Ain't "Bagration" a missing theater and period? Then crossing the Vistula and Oder rivers?

Bagration is the subject of the Minsk '44 title.

Crossing of the Vistula & Oder could make a good Berlin campaign.
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 06:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 11:24 PM by burroughs.)
(06-01-2013, 04:52 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Bagration is the subject of the Minsk '44 title.

Crossing of the Vistula & Odra could make a good Berlin campaign.

Aw, yes, siree, it's just that I have not been much into Minsk '44 - at all actually, despite my having that acquired.
06-01-2013, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM by Xaver.)
I know, i buy it but for me is the last title from PzC i recomend buy, to be the only what if in the serie i expect more from it.

I wonder know if Tiller continue the serie is using now... east title-west title-east title- west title???

Berlin... i allways see this title like a Sicily campaigns on steroids... germans are the jam and west allies and soviets the bread, in what if you have 2 clear options, one is race for Berlin (here 2 players can control west and soviets) and fight in a race like in Sicily between Patton and Monty (german player decide how win, here you have an interesting thing and house rules could be used) and the 2nd what if is post Berlin in 2 variants, west allies in Elbe (stronger allied defense and early use of german allies) and allies crossed Elbe (they try take Berlin, they lose troops by soviet fire and here start the war) with german allied troops arriving later... i see the point in that war start practically over german defeat or even with germans continue in fight with new allies.

5 months... i smell releases on the air or my 6th sense fails as a chinese rolex Big Laugh
06-02-2013, 04:05 AM,
(06-01-2013, 06:16 PM)burroughs Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 04:52 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Bagration is the subject of the Minsk '44 title.

Crossing of the Vistula & Odra could make a good Berlin campaign.

Aw, yes, siree, it's just that I have not been much into Minsk '44 - at all actually, despite my having that acquired.

Many fun scenarios. T-34-85s & Tigers. What's not to like? Big Grin
06-02-2013, 04:20 AM,
My not being much into armoured warfare - tanks are for weaklings and boys who have not yet grown up fully and like big, nasty and noisy toys with big guns.
06-02-2013, 04:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013, 05:00 AM by Xaver.)
Dont joke about infantry war... with no infantry tanks are unusefull, they can damage enemy but not take objetives, how many times you cant use your tanks agresive because infantry is taking a rest using the tanks gasolite to cook something hehehe.

What title you want see and what you see more in release???

I want see Berlin45 over other titles in PzC but i see maybe more Kiev41 (you notice that Tiller move from 1943 to 1942/41???) but if i count the east-west-east-west rule i see maybe Poland39.

OFF TOPIC:
Talking about infantry... do you think that engine needs an improvement to show better this type of fight??? for example an infiltration rule, infantry units can enter in enemy hexes that only have infantry and/or guns, the limit is stack in the hex and you need use over 50% of unit action points, of course only can infiltre non disrupted/broken units (and maybe with yellow level of fatige, no red or max levels ummm and if this damage units can infiltrate to try cross enemy lines??? something searching break the isolated status sacrificing soldiers???)... other limit could be that you need non open terrain to infiltrate units... maybe this help in urban fight in big cities like Budapest, units infiltrate win fatigue and casualties relative fast, defender suffer a little less (here unit status, quality, supply level...) and who attack an infiltrate hex support his own troops open the option to send out enemy with heavy casualties if dont have friend units behind them.
06-11-2013, 04:54 AM,
Well, now that i know how works the fanatic nations feature and see the image in the last version of game manual maybe is not an utopia expect a "Pacific Campaigns" serie... apart the options i say early i want speculate a little with Pacific titles.

I dont see bad that to compensate the smaller scale on this titles made Pacific serie a mix of battles in diferent moments (i explain it now) and mixed battles in a title (like Salerno43).

I see:

Philippines42/44: an interesting title where you can play with both sides in both situations, be allies in 1941 facing the japanese blitz or be japanese in 1944 facing the allied juggernaut.

Burma42/45: a mix with the main actions on this long campaign, apart the war in China this was the only campaign in the Pacific that take place in same territory during all the war.

Malaya42: here i see a mix title, they can add here Hong Kong battle and if is not enough they can add as bonus the Borneo Campaign for example.

Inferno42/43: mix in a title Guadalcanal and New Guinea campaigns??? maybe with some bonus???

Penultimate step: Iwo Jima+Okinawa

Olimpic46: the Berlin45 for the Pacific, maybe here we can see San Francisco42 what if this or

Invasion42: what ifs to cover a japanese invasion of Hawai after Pearl harbour, San Francisco landings and Wake/Midway small bonus.

Island campaigns... well, here is a lot of options like cover China.

One thing is that to cover the smaller battles in terrain is possible use a diferent scale in all aspects, use sections no companies as smaller units and use 500m per hex scale, i think in something like is used in Napoleonic titles that have company level scens, same engine but diferent values.

How do you see this??? lack of info made the wait for a new title a little Twilight Zone hehehe.
06-25-2013, 12:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013, 12:36 AM by milrevko.)
Invasion of Japan '46
United States vs The Soviets '46
Philippines Campaign in 1926 "War Plan Orange"
Spanish Civil War

Some hypothetical campaigns would be great and would sell well.
06-25-2013, 11:54 PM,
Maybe are first non what if titles to add.

In PzC we dont have Berlin45 but here they can add a bonus what if with Germany attempts to made west allies join VS soviets be succesfull... i think in a exctended Berlin campaign/scen with USA/UK support for germans, maybe something like the Budapest Konrad scen (a west attack to join with a isolated city) but using a mix of german/USA/UK troops in the attack.

Other missing titles are in the Barbarrossa (Kiev, Leningrad, Sebastopol) and same places in later war... and dont forgive Poland39 is like France40 with a weaker allied player but what ifs... a west allied landings in the coast, soviets supporting Poland...

What ifs in the Pacific... well, maybe i prefer see first japanese blitzkrieg and Burma fight (maybe with some extra scens covering China) even when a 1946 scen is very attractive... like a USA west coast invasion in 1942 hehehe.

Spanish civil war is other history... you cant cover in a single title a battle because they were relative small fights... no monster campaign, if you join all battles you have maybe something close (under or over) to the Moscow42 campaign for example, they can release this in a single title with main battles, here they can cover the battle, some subscens covering episodes and a few what ifs... we have:

-Madrid siege http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Madrid
-Jarama http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jarama
-Guadalajara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Guadalajara
-Brunete http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brunete
-Zaragoza offensive (here is the Belchite battle the spanish Stalingrad) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaragoza_Offensive
-Teruel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Teruel
-Ebro... well, this is a hard to simulate battle, small battlefield with long time, maybe covering the initial assault, stalemate and counterattack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Ebro

Are more fights but these are the main battles... maybe is possible a new serie covering the wars between WWI and WWII (and pre WWI) using the WWI engine, i think in Polish–Soviet War for example.

Lets see, but one thing is what we want and other what we can have... i expect a release in summer because we are close to 6 months with no release and 8 months with no PzC release.
06-29-2013, 08:38 AM,
I think the Spanish Civil War is well represented in the Squad Battle release for that conflict. That game has a pretty good feel for the militia type forces and the African regulars when they clashed.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp