• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats next???
05-31-2013, 05:36 AM,
RE: Whats next???
An Okinawa map would be something like 90-100 hexes long and 10-15 hexes wide. Sort of like Market-Garden but even less dynamic. (!!!)

Operation Olympic, on the other hand.... :-)

I think that the Baltic front deserves a little attention. There's been nothing done in that regard, other than the First Baltic Front's presence in Minsk. There could be action in '41, as well as in '45.

Leningrad, while static in the region of the city, could have some interesting action to the south, especially if we add what-ifs.

I don't suppose anybody would be interested in Barbarossa. Just like with Berlin, it would a romp, demoralizing for the defending player to play.

I like the idea of the post-D-Day France theater.

What about Operation Dragoon in the south of France?

And what about Operation Varsity across the Rhine?

I realize that these ideas are getting less and less compelling, but since the subject has been raised (for the umpteenth time...)
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 07:33 AM,
West Front:
Liri valley.Some sort of campaign tie-in with Anzio(Salerno might be too far away).Could include Mignano gap battles/Ortona to fluff it up.Lots of Nations.

BulgeII.Scenarios covering the drive to reduce the Bulge.Drive to Remagen and/or Nordwind to fluff it up

A title covering the Canadians in Holland with a tie-in to Market Garden

Berlin 45.Still like to see something with one player controlling the Russians and the Western German forces and the other player the Allies and the German East Front forces

As far as the East goes...I hope Strela has a new project or two on the schedule
05-31-2013, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 08:39 AM by Strela.)
(05-31-2013, 05:36 AM)Liebchen Wrote: An Okinawa map would be something like 90-100 hexes long and 10-15 hexes wide. Sort of like Market-Garden but even less dynamic. (!!!)

Operation Olympic, on the other hand.... :-)

I think that the Baltic front deserves a little attention. There's been nothing done in that regard, other than the First Baltic Front's presence in Minsk. There could be action in '41, as well as in '45.

Leningrad, while static in the region of the city, could have some interesting action to the south, especially if we add what-ifs.

I don't suppose anybody would be interested in Barbarossa. Just like with Berlin, it would a romp, demoralizing for the defending player to play.

I like the idea of the post-D-Day France theater.

What about Operation Dragoon in the south of France?

And what about Operation Varsity across the Rhine?

I realize that these ideas are getting less and less compelling, but since the subject has been raised (for the umpteenth time...)

Don't underestimate Barbarossa. These were battles that were much harder than you would believe.

A great book to understand really how hard it was for the Germans is here Robert Kershaw's - War without Garlands

It will open your eyes. What was probably the biggest tank battle in terms of sheer numbers of vehicles during the war (Kursk was seriously exaggerated by the Soviets) occurred in Army Group South's area during the first fortnight. This had the end result that the Axis forces in the South were seriously delayed and ultimately resulted in the Army Group Centre having to turn south to cut off Kiev. This subsequently delayed that Army Group's drive on Moscow with the known end result.

There is a lot of gaming left on the East Front with many of the titles suggested above....

David

(05-31-2013, 07:33 AM)Kuriltai Wrote: West Front:
Liri valley.Some sort of campaign tie-in with Anzio(Salerno might be too far away).Could include Mignano gap battles/Ortona to fluff it up.Lots of Nations.

BulgeII.Scenarios covering the drive to reduce the Bulge.Drive to Remagen and/or Nordwind to fluff it up

A title covering the Canadians in Holland with a tie-in to Market Garden

Berlin 45.Still like to see something with one player controlling the Russians and the Western German forces and the other player the Allies and the German East Front forces

As far as the East goes...I hope Strela has a new project or two on the schedule

There are always projects, it's just a matter of whether (and when)they see the light of day :)

I must admit, I am an East Front aficionado and my focus will continue (is continuing?) there.

David
05-31-2013, 09:04 AM,
(05-31-2013, 08:37 AM)Strela Wrote: It will open your eyes. What was probably the biggest tank battle in terms of sheer numbers of vehicles during the war (Kursk was seriously exaggerated by the Soviets) occurred in Army Group South's area during the first fortnight. This had the end result that the Axis forces in the South were seriously delayed and ultimately resulted in the Army Group Centre having to turn south to cut off Kiev. This subsequently delayed that Army Group's drive on Moscow with the known end result.

There is a lot of gaming left on the East Front with many of the titles suggested above....

There are always projects, it's just a matter of whether (and when)they see the light of day :)

I must admit, I am an East Front aficionado and my focus will continue (is continuing?) there.

Whistle

No hints there.....

Whistle
05-31-2013, 09:09 AM,
(05-31-2013, 09:04 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Whistle

No hints there.....

Whistle

Absolutely NO hints!!!

You would be amazed at the number of projects we look at and discuss. What I will say is that many in this thread have been considered....!! :)

David
05-31-2013, 09:13 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Whats next???
Suffice it to say that I will buy any east front title JT puts out.
06-01-2013, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 04:09 AM by Xaver.)
Well, i say Okinawa because has the soldiers for a PzC engine game... but you can add to some bonus what ifs and bonus scens... Okinawa 1944 (early invasion with weaker sides), an airborne version (if there is a scen covering Malta assault...) or a version with japanese defending all island, other option is create a title like Salerno43, diferent battles in a single title.

But is only a desire than a real thing, i know that if we see more games at PzC scale they are going to be for PzC no a new serie Pacific Campaigns (PaC, ghosts eat man hehehe).

East front is maybe better to have mobile battles and cannon fodder numbers... in west .... i really prefer a lot more east titles because you find a better variety in scens (well, i cant say that Tunis43 is a good title to).

I really think that release now one of the 2 titles that cover both fronts is a good point, Poland39 or Berlin45... but i dont see the 2nd title... any way a new title is allways wellcome, even Sealion40 Big Grin

At least say if we can see this summer a title or we need wait Santa or wait Skynet sends a Terminator with the next title LOL
06-01-2013, 05:20 AM,
(06-01-2013, 04:08 AM)Xaver Wrote: any way a new title is allways wellcome, even Sealion40 Big Grin

You're joking, right? They put this title out a few years ago. (It's fun, too.)
06-01-2013, 05:49 AM,
I guess the Caucuses 42 could be pretty fun, at least if there were enough alternate scenarios...
06-01-2013, 03:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 11:24 PM by burroughs.)
Ain't "Bagration" a missing theater and period? Then crossing the Vistula and Odra rivers?