• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament First Round
06-11-2013, 02:15 AM,
RE: Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament First Round
Not sure when the 2nd round starts, I just want to inform my next opponent that I will be on vacation June 11 to june 18.

Regards,

Heinz
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 05:43 AM,
(06-10-2013, 07:46 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 01:05 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 09:16 PM)Tide1 Wrote: There are a lot of ugly endings for the Walloons Yikes

German firepower is dug in and established. The front is limited with no room for maneuver. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Mex Big Grin

Not necessarily.
Agreed, F14 is not like PzC titles where the attacker (normally) has a distinct advantage, if you try to mass your troops (by that i mean more than one battalion per hex, you will suffer heavy losses, the trick is to hide your troops behind the lead battalion and then emerge only when the enemy battalion is disrupted and you have soaked up some of the defensive fire, of course luck with disruption shots (on both sides) always plays a major part in the smaller games, but this tactic can be very effective.
06-11-2013, 06:19 AM,
As soon as Rick and Maseda are finished I'll start up the next round. Thanks for letting us know you'll be on vacation Heinz. Helmet Smile
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-12-2013, 06:18 AM,
Unforunately for me I have a computer crash and lost most of my data . Iam back on line but I will be busy sorting the mess out. In addition I will be away from my computer desk and unable to play for the next round from the 15th June to 24 th june but ok before and after that. Hope this can be fitted in by my next opponent
06-12-2013, 07:14 AM,
(06-12-2013, 06:18 AM)Barbarrossa. Wrote: Unforunately for me I have a computer crash and lost most of my data . Iam back on line but I will be busy sorting the mess out. In addition I will be away from my computer desk and unable to play for the next round from the 15th June to 24 th june but ok before and after that. Hope this can be fitted in by my next opponent

Thanks for letting us know! :)
06-15-2013, 07:43 PM,
Commanders damn fine communication. Who could ask for better. If it's R and R enjoy and anything else stiff upper lip and all that.
I'll post the next round on June 25th.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-18-2013, 06:18 PM,
Maseda and I finished up a bloody one, with the Germans of Maseda winning a major victory. Although I had it down to a minor loss for my Belgians a few times including my part of the final turn, he managed to take a 100 pt objective back on the final turn, with just one battalion able to assault, and put it back to a major.

Good battle, it was a draw based on objectives but too many Belgians were lost at the front.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-19-2013, 04:50 AM,
Thanks Rick.

I'll have the next round posted June 25th.
06-19-2013, 06:00 AM,
(06-18-2013, 06:18 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Maseda and I finished up a bloody one, with the Germans of Maseda winning a major victory. Although I had it down to a minor loss for my Belgians a few times including my part of the final turn, he managed to take a 100 pt objective back on the final turn, with just one battalion able to assault, and put it back to a major.

Good battle, it was a draw based on objectives but too many Belgians were lost at the front.

Rick

Pity the poor Dutch/Belgique infantry. First Ney beats them up and now von Moltke! LMAO
06-27-2013, 07:25 AM,
(06-19-2013, 04:50 AM)Tide1 Wrote: Thanks Rick.

I'll have the next round posted June 25th.

June 25th is come and gone. Is our CinC gone AWOL? LMAO