• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament First Round
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament First Round
[Image: 8a5e1a3843GOA6.jpg]

Commanders here is the first scenario and matchups.
Allies move first. please establish contact with your opponent and email me if you have a problem making said contact.

the first scenario will be 1914_0825_01s: The Rage of Dreaming Sheep (1st Sortie), with default rules.

"This scenario depicts the first attempt of the Belgium forces within the Antwerp fortified area to disrupt the German advance towards Paris by threatening their LOC and hence forcing the Germans to detach forces that should be moving west to prevent that.

The Belgium player has the cream of the army in the form of the B quality Grenadiers of the 18e Bde and the C quality Carabiniers of the 20e Bde which will form the cutting edge of your attack, most of the large VP objectives lie between the two canals which also provide useful flank
protection for the main assault, however pressure must be applied to the flanks if only to prevent the German player moving forces to cover the centre of his line, moving first you must press home your early advantage while most of the German forces are fixed.

Most of the German players forces are fixed at the start, but will be released during the day by either having a LOS to an opponents unit or by a % release, after his forces are released he will have to react to his opponents line of attack, but obviously holding the area between the two canals is vital to a chance of victory."

ALLIED - AXIS

Ricky B - Maseda

Tquinn - Liebchen

Barbarossa - Sgt Jasper

Heinz - Jonny MacBrown

Flip0009 - KG_RangerBooBoo

Pete - Fastphil

Commanders Good Luck To All and enjoyHelmet Wink

If you need to drop out of the tournament because of a real life situation please do contact me or Lord Foul. If you drop out without notification in a timely manner and try to join another tourny in the future you will not be allowed to join.
As the Tournament Master if disputes arise during the tournament please contact me via email. Do not confront or flame another member on the Blitz Site. As Tournament Master my decision in a dispute final.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 11:10 PM,
RE: Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament First Round
Flip0009 and KG_RangerBooBoo have completed their game with a major victory to the Germans of KG_RangerBooBoo. Another turn or two might have seen it completely changed though as the Belgians were next to all the VP hexes, just couldn't stay ordered enough to make an assault.
06-02-2013, 09:23 AM,
Congrats on the win sirHelmet Wink
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-03-2013, 04:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 04:06 PM by Liebchen.)
Liebchen reporting that he has sent TQuinn's Waloons and Flemish running back to Antwerp in utter defeat (major Belgian loss).
06-06-2013, 10:55 AM,
Time has run out and my tired Imperial troops are glad. What could have ended in disaster ends in an Imperial German major Victory.Smile
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM,
Barbarossa(Belgium) Sgt Jasper(German) have completed the 1st Round with the result of a Draw(a bloody one). Both sides being exhausted at the end. The Belgians could not advance further but could hold their initial Captured Objectives versus the German attacks. High losses on both sides.
06-07-2013, 04:03 AM,
Jonnymacbrown reporting to His Imperial Vastness that the Belgian Horde is turned back and fleeing towards Antwerpen. A major victory for His Imperial Emptiness cowering in Berlin! Jester
06-09-2013, 09:16 PM,
There are a lot of ugly endings for the Walloons Yikes
06-10-2013, 01:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 04:49 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(06-09-2013, 09:16 PM)Tide1 Wrote: There are a lot of ugly endings for the Walloons Yikes

German firepower is dug in and established. The front is limited with no room for maneuver. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Mex Big Grin
06-10-2013, 07:46 AM,
(06-10-2013, 01:05 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 09:16 PM)Tide1 Wrote: There are a lot of ugly endings for the Walloons Yikes

German firepower is dug in and established. The front is limited with no room for maneuver. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Mex Big Grin

Not necessarily.