• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team game
05-18-2013, 02:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 02:56 AM by PawelM.)
RE: Team game
48 th kursk is good and lots of toys on german side. I think it needs Ea on. I am curecurrently playing it as germans but do not mind playing it again. Another kursk one is bridgehead at rzhavets and above mentioned Road to oboyan.

48 TH at kursk needs dedicated players and good turn rate as it is 65 turns

48 th kursk is good and lots of toys on german side. I think it needs Ea on. I am curecurrently playing it as germans but do not mind playing it again. Another kursk one is bridgehead at rzhavets and above mentioned Road to oboyan.

Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 03:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 03:13 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
On the overall CS ladder sorted by ELO:

JvK 2361
PawelM 2147
KernelT 2111
HSL 2012
Ash 1945
VE 1936

Suggestion for teams:

JvK, HSL, VE +++> Team ELO average 2154
versus
PawelM, KernelT, Ash +++> Team ELO average 2130

This may make the most balanced of sides?
I've played with and against everyone listed, so I am fine if you all want it sorted differently.

I have no preference for which scenario or side. I'll know the stinkers when I see them. But, I can't recall which one (Except for A Christmas Battle from EF and the last team game I played).
EA is O.K. by me if everyone wants it that way. I would prefer no VV.

Farmer

HSL
05-18-2013, 03:16 AM,
(05-18-2013, 03:12 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: On the overall CS ladder sorted by ELO:

JvK 2361
PawelM 2147
KernelT 2111
HSL 2012
Ash 1945
VE 1936

Suggestion for teams:

versus

I've played with and against everyone listed, so I am fine if you all want it sorted differently.

I have no preference for which scenario or side. I'll know the stinkers when I see them. But, I can't recall which one (Except for A Christmas Battle from EF and the last team game I played).

Farmer

HSL

Good with all, no VV!
Send this user an email
05-18-2013, 03:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 03:23 AM by Von Earlmann.)
(05-18-2013, 03:12 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: On the overall CS ladder sorted by ELO:

JvK 2361
PawelM 2147
KernelT 2111
HSL 2012
Ash 1945
VE 1936

Suggestion for teams:

versus

Farmer

HSL

Ed,
The other one we don't like is Impending Doom......I'm ok with whatever teams and I never play with VV :-)

VE

(05-18-2013, 02:56 AM)PawelM Wrote: 48 th kursk is good and lots of toys on german side. I think it needs Ea on. I am curecurrently playing it as germans but do not mind playing it again. Another kursk one is bridgehead at rzhavets and above mentioned Road to oboyan.

I think with the players we have the turn rate will be AWESOME!!!!!!!

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-18-2013, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 03:51 AM by PawelM.)
I am not a fan of averaging elo of the whole team as a measure.. can I suggest to use Ed's little table and split the teams odd vs even position ? So JvK, kernel, ash vs pawelm, hsl, ve....
05-18-2013, 04:31 AM,
I'm all for 48th... Haven't looked at it and didn't realize it was so long; however, what the heck... Means it'll be an epic blood bath... and if we have observations to improve it, so much the better...

As we go way back, I'd love to play Old School Blitz (me, HSL, and VE) vs New School Blitz (Pawel, Ash and Kt)... I think I've played or am playing against everyone but Ash...

Or we can go with me, Ash and Kt... I sparred both times in a 3x3 team game with Kt in A Close Run Thing, once as the Amis and the other as Jerry...

I look forward to reconnecting with all my old buddies and gaining a new one along the way... but however we figure this out I'm good with it...

Regards,

Jim
05-18-2013, 05:17 AM,
(05-18-2013, 04:31 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: I'm all for 48th... Haven't looked at it and didn't realize it was so long; however, what the heck... Means it'll be an epic blood bath... and if we have observations to improve it, so much the better...

I am good with this scenario... as I am playing it as Germans at the moment I have a slight preference to be on the other side of the barricade in the game

(05-18-2013, 04:31 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: As we go way back, I'd love to play Old School Blitz (me, HSL, and VE) vs New School Blitz (Pawel, Ash and Kt)... I think I've played or am playing against everyone but Ash...

I think "New School" would be a weaker team hence the reason for proposing alternative split. However I will go with whatever option is the most popular among all players involved..
05-18-2013, 05:42 AM,
(05-18-2013, 04:31 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: I'm all for 48th... Haven't looked at it and didn't realize it was so long; however, what the heck... Means it'll be an epic blood bath... and if we have observations to improve it, so much the better...

As we go way back, I'd love to play Old School Blitz (me, HSL, and VE) vs New School Blitz (Pawel, Ash and Kt)...

Regards,

Jim

I will defer to Jim here as if not for him I wouldn't even be in this club..........or trying to write these scenarios......HSL and I go way back too.........I have played with or against everyone here and figure the players are about even except for me...........don't really understand elo but know good guys when I see them :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-18-2013, 05:58 AM,
If you look a win/loss percent and average as a team?

JvK with .950 (is in a class all his own. But, with few games.)

PaweM .593
KernelT .565
HSL .528

Ash .377 (playing higher in the 2013 ladder)
VE .333 (has designer experience as well as longevity)

Potential for a .562 versus a .553 (that would be Jim, Ash, and VE)? But, I think ELO is a more trusted formula to balance the teams. Idea2

We could go by total games played but then I might be facing all of you? I am for the ELO model. Farmer

I've played all involved and will go along with whatever you guys want to do. Let's get started, if it's going to be the 48th?
Virtual coin toss?

Toast

HSL
05-18-2013, 06:01 AM,
Based on the team concepts I see forming:

OPTION 1: Ed's team based on ELO average: Old School as the Russians(JvK, HSL and vE) vs New School as the Germans (Pawel, Ash, Kt) as the scenario seems to be weighted to Germans based on current results of 20 reported games.

OPTION 2: Pawel's teams based on the odd even ranking: (JvK, Ash, Kt) vs (Pawel, HSL, vE) with JAK as Germans and PHv as Russians... I think that actually gives Kt his Germans and Pawel his Russians...

OPTION 3: Vote Option 1 or 2 team, w/side determined by flip of coin by neutral party...

As I don't want to dictate to anyone and we capture everyone's desire in this, I offer these options. Does this work for everyone? If so, send me an e-mail or post here your preferences.

vonkrieg1 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Jim