• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS EF WF RS 1.1 - Talonsoft EF 1.3 / WF 1.3 more Details
05-16-2013, 04:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM by XMGO.)
RE: JTCS EF 1.0 - Talonsoft EF 1.3 / WF 1.3 more Details
[Image: folder.jpg]

John Tiller's Campaign Series East Front -West Front- Rising Sun more Details Version 1.1

East Front
revised Nations, Skin color, uniform changed:

1. Wehrmacht (including matrix version Units)
2. Italy
3. Romanien
4. Poland
5. Hungary

6. new wrecks
7. dead soldiers, after artillery hit
8. power poles
9. other, more City / terrain variations (Folder Varianten)
10. Landscape Unit Icon base / small German Icon BASE (Folder Varianten)
11. Winter Units

West Front

Skin color, uniform changed, Italy, France, England, USA, Germany
new wrecks
dead soldiers, after artillery hit
power poles
other, more City / terrain variations (Folder Varianten)
Landscape Unit Icon base / small German Icon BASE (Folder Varianten)

Rising Sun

Skin color, uniform changed, England, Japan, United States
(not yet complete)

Download: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7598...1.rar.html

[Image: Download.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 11:44 AM,
RE: JTCS EF WF RS 1.1 - Talonsoft EF 1.3 / WF 1.3 more Details
I wasn't going to download this until you finished RS. I downloaded now in case you quit. Thanks
06-02-2013, 04:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013, 08:37 PM by Crossroads.)
XMGO, great job! Do you mind if I "re-package" your mod in a way it can be enabled and disabled at will with the JSGME mod management tool?

I have several mods packaged in such a manner in the EF:FB download thread (have a look by clicking the link in in my signature).

I am thinking perhaps people would be more ready to try them out if there's a way to install / uninstall them by a click of a mouse.

Email me if interested. Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-02-2013, 08:33 PM,
That would be a good idea, they seem all over the place at the moment? I was going to try them as well, but there was a period where they were changing often.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-02-2013, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013, 08:38 PM by Crossroads.)
Yes, great stuff but I was waiting for the final version too Helmet Smile

If XMGO doesn't mind I'll package them as separate unit mod and terrain mod installs per engine.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-05-2013, 09:27 PM,
XMGO, you don't have e-mail info on your profile page so I am posting here instead. Do you mind if I re-package your unit and terrain mods so they are easily available for those of us managing our mods with the JSGME utility?

Naturally, I will point all credit to you. I am only talking about packaging this stuff in another manner. See examples of "Sub Mods" here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=63460
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-06-2013, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 06:38 AM by Crossroads.)
Here's what I am saying with an example of the work you've done with EF:

[Image: JSGMEXMGOModspicture_zps551d2111.png]

I tried to package them in a manner each of your sub mods can be enabled one by one. I am not sure I understood all the work you have done, so these are just the ones I was able to figure out... And this is EF only!

The sample package is available here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid371207

See what you think. If this a bad idea my apologies and one word I will take it off! But if you like the idea I would be happy to assist you to create this alternative packaging model. I know there's a lot of folks who are either nervous or downright refuse to add separate files to their working system so this might ease their mind into actually trying this out...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 07:13 PM by XMGO.)
This is a very good idea, I can the files to every nation, Terrain ect.... make separately for EF, WF, RS.
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM by Crossroads.)
I am glad you liked it. JSGME is such a great tool for trying out different things.

If you download the package I put together yesterday you will see how it works:

First, there is the root \MODS directory
Then, the next folder name is the name of the mod, e.g. \MODS\EF - XMGO Roads with Power Poles
Then, as I've packaged everything, the installation path from John Tiller Campaign Series root:
\MODS\EF - XMGO Roads with Power Poles\East Front

Everything can be in one download though!

From \MODS folder down to all of its subfolders, so when you unzip you get something like

\MODS\EF - XMGO Roads with Power Poles\East Front\[only your power poles related stuff here]
\MODS\EF - XMGO New Unit Bitmaps\East Front\[only your EF unit bitmap stuff here] (including \Specials too in a subfolder)
\MODS\EF - XMGO Alternate Terrain\East Front\[only your alternate terrain stuff here]
\MODS\EF - XMGO Desert Terrain\East Front\[only your desert terrain stuff here]
... and other mods one by one
\MODS\WF - XMGO New Unit Bitmaps\West Front\[only your WF unit bitmap stuff here] (including \Specials too in a subfolder)
\MODS\WF - XMGO New Unit Landscape Bases\West Front\[all your stuff here]
... and other mods one by one
\MODS\RS - XMGO New Unit Bitmaps\Rising Sun\[only your RS unit bitmap stuff here] (including \Specials too in a subfolder)
... and so on.

As I said have a look how I did it, then decide how you would like to package your stuff. You emulate the folder structure where the stuff will be put in each of the folders under \MODS\[folder name is mod name as it appears in JSGME]\ root.

It's a bit more work when you create the file structure, but the end result is such an easy way for everyone to try them out one-by-one or all together I am sure it is worth it. And doing it is easier than what it seems above.

The end result is something similar as in the picture I posted in my previous thread. Really nice and neat.

Try out and istall the EF:FB mod, and a couple of other mods included there. You will very soon get a hang of it I am sure. Helmet Smile

Or I can help, just email me or post here.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-07-2013, 10:02 AM,
Already did it that way myself. Big Grin

Great stuff here, really liking it. Thanks to XMGO Thank You Sign