• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

[ARCHIVED: East Front: Forgotten Battles 1.3 - DOWNLOADS REMOVED]
01-01-2013, 02:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 08:03 PM by Crossroads.)
Write a Note  [ARCHIVED: East Front: Forgotten Battles 1.3 - DOWNLOADS REMOVED]

DUE TO THE RECENT RELEASE OF JTCS 2.0, ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. ONCE THE 2.01 PATCH IS OUT, A NEW VERSION OF MOD WILL BE RELEASED.

LOOK FOR DOWNLOADS IN A NEW POST, COMING OUT ONCE 2.01 IS OUT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

To Be Continued

[Image: fb20_zps9d95fb71.png]

Spoiler Expand

East Front: Forgotten Battles adds the following new capabilities into your Matrix Campaign Series East Front game:

Bulgarians (Axis and Allied), Finns (Axis upgrade + Allied), France (Allied, from WF), Germany (as Allied, a copy of EF Axis Germany), Poles (Allied upgrade), UK (Allied, from WF), and US (Allied, from WF).

No existing JTCS EF stock unit is touched. None of the existing East Front stock or custom scenarios are affected.

Even better, if you are in the middle of playing half a dozen East Front scenarios, you can still prodeed to install this Mod immediately.

That's right: None of your on-going games will be affected either.

"What if I don’t like it?" Removing the Mod is literally just one click of a mouse!

Just get in, it is easy as a cake! ™

1. EF:FB --1.36
Spoiler Expand
Please note these are complete installation packages. If you already have an earlier version enabled, make sure to disable the previous version with JSGME before enabling thhis one.

DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED

2. Recommended User Modifications
Spoiler Expand
Here's a bunch of independent mods for further enhancing your EF install. They are installed in a similar manner as the EF:FB mod. They can be applied to EF (WF, RS) independently, without EF:FB in place.

If installing EF:FB for the first time, please proceed now to Installation (post #2), then come back to install these.

... Right, then. Now, please proceed to download any of the other mods you are interested of, unzip, then drop the included folders into \John Tiller Campaign Series\MODS folder.

As the other mods are dropped there, they become visible in the JSGME tool:

[Image: e7bfc4c7-185d-4e30-8b1b-9c97f9c5ebb9_zps...1371976638]

Starring, in alphabetical order...

Mods by RD_DeathDealer:

RD_DeathDealer Sound Mod for EF and WF -> NOW INTEGRATED INTO 2.00
- Alternative weapons sounds using authentic audio recordings.

Mods by Warhorse:

Warhorse EF Ad Pack -> DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED
- Authentic WW II color pictures instead of vanilla MCS b/w photos when exiting game ...

Warhorse Scandinavian Terrain Mod -> NOW INCLUDED IN 2.00 USER MODS FOLDER
- Tranquile little villages, West Front city hexes, a few West Front special buildings (Church, Factory). A must if playing a scenario taking place in Finland!

Warhorse Bulgaria Add-On -> NOW PART OF MCS 2.00
- New Partisan Icons, 18 level elevations, with Demise of Detachment Pelister using those resources. Lock and Load!

Mods by XMGO

XMGO JTCS 1.04 More Details 1.1 Mod Package - DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED
- Improved EF WF RS unit bitmaps, Alternative terrains, and LOTS more!
- Read more about his work: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64101

... And finally, contents of the JTCS User_Mod folder in a JSGME friendly format:

-> NOW JSGME ENABLED IN 2.00 USER MODS FOLDER
- Black Info Boxes for both EF and WF
- Panzer Leader UI for both EF and WF
- Panzerblitz UI for both EF and WF
- Winter Alternative terrain for WF

Known anomalies
Spoiler Expand
Not a bug as such, but please note the Allied German alternative bitmaps with Desert or Winter camo etc are not automatically enabled. This is due to JTCS code that allows this functionality for vanilla Germany only (country code 01).

Having issues? Please post them here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61957
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 06:42 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: OUT NOW: East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On << DOWNLOAD HERE >>
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Install in four (4) easy steps!
Spoiler Expand
1. Download the zip file, save it to your disk, and unzip the contents of the zip archive to a temporary location of your choice.

2. Copy-Paste the \MODS folder with all its subfolders into your \John Tiller Campaign Series root folder. That's right, into the very root folder of the game. Put the JSGME.exe into the same root folder as well. The end result should look like this:

[Image: Folderstructure.jpg]

3. Double-click at the JSGME.exe to open up the utility now available in the John Tiller Campaign Series root folder, and accept MODS as the default folder for the tool

4. Observe the available Mods on the left window, select EF - East Front: Forgotten Battles v. 1.36 and click on the arrow to move it to the right side window (picture refers to an older version of the mod):

[Image: jsgme-1_zps3004fdba.png]

And that's it! You've now succesfully installed the mod!

It will take some 15 - 45 seconds depending on your system for the tool to copy all the necessary files into your East Front directory.

Start East Front, it will now have the mod as an add-on installation to the standard East Front installation. You are still fully able to continue to play any standard EF game scenario, while having the added capability of enjoying the new countries and scenarios as well!

Uninstall in one easy step!
Spoiler Expand
1. Uninstall simply by opening up the JSGME tool again, then move the Mod back to left side, and you're done!

Any original East Front files that were replaced by the mod, the Main Menu screen for an example, are now back in the East Front folder, while all the mod content is back at the respective MODS subfolder.

About the installation method

My experience of the new Vista / Windows 7 file system is such that I only recommend installing the mod with JSGME utility. Installation is easy, and uninstallation for whatever temporary or permanent reason is really easy as well. In fact, I don’t provide any instructions to alternative installation methods anymore.

For the sake of simplifying things, I put a copy of JSGME executable packaged into the installation archive. Unfortunately the tool is no longer supported by its creator, so I cannot point you to the original site anymore. I've used the included version extensively with both Win XP Sp3 and W7 64 bit, and I've never had any issues with it.

Here's more information regarding the tool if you want to learn more: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1773663

A separate download is available e.g. here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483 and here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads...le&id=3759

East Front: Forgotten Battles – What is it?
Spoiler Expand
East Front: Forgotten Battles is an add-on installation that extends the standard JTCS East Front installation to include a bunch of new and exciting Axis and Allied countries.

It is 100% backwards compatible, fully transparent to any existing game being played, you can play any and all East Front stock or custom scenarios while it is enabled. They will play exactly as they would play without this mod in place.

With the help of Generic Mod Enabler, it installs and un-installs in seconds. You do not need to be a computer wizard to try it out.

A brief history of how the mod came together:

The Lapland War Mod (LWM 1.0 )

The first version of the mod added Axis Finland (Country code 05) with new units brought into MCS 1.4 level, then copied it as a new Allied Finland (Country code 12). This version also introduced the historical III Army Corps OOB as it was when it entered the Lapland War in September, 1944.

And so it began... "Can I really do this?" https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60410

Thunder in the North (LWM 1.1)

Further tweaks that concentrated on the Finnish Theatre of War. Axis Finland, Allied Finland: Some OOB tweaks, several new FAF plane types made available. The two Finnish OOBs continue to be identical to each other.

Also, to enable some what-if capabilities, migration of the WF France and UK OOB to EF2 took place. While at it, I thought I'd include the WF US OOB as well. And did.

Work-in-progress thread for LWM 1.1 for your reading enjoyment - make sure you check the fabulous aircraft bitmaps there: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61908

Storm in the East (LWM 1.2)

The mod began to come to age, leaving the Finnish front with creation of an Allied Germany OOB (country code 11, Allied Netherlands in WF, RS). Allied Germany is a copy of the standard EF Axis Germany OOB (country code 01).

Theatrical Trailer for LWM 1.2: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=62167

East Front: Forgotten Battles

And here we are! Lapland War Mod 1.3, Poland Mod, Bulgaria Mod, what have you, all together in this one comprehensive Mother of an EF Mod. The latest version introduces Mike Amos’ EF-mods and scenarios into what is now the definitive add-on installation every serious JTCS Campaigner just must install into their system!

New additions included e.g. the Allied and Axis Bulgarians, together with new Allied Polish 1939 units for Soviet-Polish battles of 1939.

Credits
Spoiler Expand
Mike Amos aka Warhorse: Not only his own mods, but the great work with LWM graphics; including but not limited to StuG III G afv, Fokker D XXI fighter, Ju-88 bomber, Molotov Sqd unit, Allied Finland and Germany Unit bases, exes, packaging. Thanks Mike!

Jason Petho for his continuous support, documentation as how to 'future proof' this mod, and of course encrypting the platoon and weapon files over and over again. Thanks Jason!

Huib Versloot for helping me getting started with scenario design and map creation, playtesting, ... Thanks Huib!

Hawk Kriegsman for pushing me to right direction with infantry unit values and with an idea of creating a totally transparent installation where no existing units are touched. Also, mentoring me through my first PBEM games. Thanks Erik!

Thunder in the North test team: Huib Versloot, RD_DeathDealer, Ashcloud, Otto von Blotto, Wolfman, Charlie-66, Sturmvogel, for testing the new LWM scenarios in a mirror tournament and providing valuable feedback for me releasing the scenarios in a manner related to H2H testing. Thanks!

Caspar aka phcas, Matrix forums: Unit picture frames: "For the people who want to make more pictures, make your own". Thanks! http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2942201

Whoever made the boxed Panzerblitz UI! It is packaged into this Mod as no-one (but no-one!) should play East Front without it in place. Thanks!

Finally, The Blitz Wargaming Club for giving my mod a home. Thanks guys!

Using LWM / EF:FB content in other mods
Spoiler Expand
Using parts of my modification for creating more new and exciting stuff is perfectly OK and even encouraged. I was far from being alone in putting this fine mod together, so just give credit to those due it, that's all there is to it.
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM,
RE: OUT NOW: East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On (LWM 1.3) << DOWNLOAD HERE >>
(01-06-2013, 03:44 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Available now! Hooray8

downloaded it yesterday. Download was a little bit slow.
Installation ( Windows //64k) with this tool was easy, saved games are still playable:-)
Like the old home screen more but this isn´t really important. The new scenarios are looking good and worth a play. Thanks for your work.

Regards,
Kai
01-09-2013, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: OUT NOW: East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On (LWM 1.3) << DOWNLOAD HERE >>
(01-08-2013, 05:46 PM)Kai Wrote: downloaded it yesterday. Download was a little bit slow.
Installation ( Windows //64k) with this tool was easy, saved games are still playable:-)

The download is from my Dropbox account so I don't know why it was slow... Yes, I've used JSGME quite extensively for few years with other games too, like TOAW and Rome:Total War. Never had any issues with it Helmet Smile

(01-08-2013, 05:46 PM)Kai Wrote: Like the old home screen more but this isn´t really important.

Can't have that! Here's a quick download attached to this post, with the standard user interface together with a slightest of touches on main menu to let you know the mod is enabled:

- Open up JSGME, disable EF:FB
- download the zip and drop the contents to replace the menu files I provided the mod with, ie. into: ...\John Tiller Campaign Series\MODS\EF - East Front Forgotten Battles (LWM 1.3)\East Front
- allow for overwriting existing files (which are the slightly modified Avalon Hill's Panzerblitz boxed look UI files from user_mods folder).
- enable EF:FB again, to have the standard UI.

(01-08-2013, 05:46 PM)Kai Wrote: The new scenarios are looking good and worth a play. Thanks for your work.

Thanks! I had great fun doing my part of the mod and scenarios. So glad people are trying them out Salute

Attached Files
.zip   STD UI.zip (Size: 2.32 MB / Downloads: 42)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-16-2013, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013, 08:10 PM by Crossroads.)
Less is more!

Here's a less busy Main Menu Screen for the boxed Panzerblitz look too, to replace the one that comes with the download.

If interested, disable the mod, drop this one to \John Ti...\East Front\MODS\EF - East Fron...\East Front folder.

Then enable again.

It's the one showing in the opening post as of now, and is also included in the EF:FB 1.3 download as of now.

Attached Files
.bmp   Menuscrn.BMP (Size: 301.05 KB / Downloads: 30)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-25-2013, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 11:08 PM by Crossroads.)
Patch time, unfortunately.

Those with the mod, please disable it, drop these platoon05 and platoon12 files into .../John Tiller/MODS/EF - East Front Forgotten Battles/East Front -folder. Allow for files to be replaced.

Then enable again. Thanks!

This fixes a bug in the firing cost of the new Stu-40 platoons.

--

As of now, if you download the mod for the first time, the patch is included in it.

You can confirm this by checking the name of the downloaded zip archive. It should now read:

__EF LWM 1.31 East Front - Forgotten Battles.zip

ie: with version number 1.31.

The name of the mod in JSGME still reads 1.3

EDIT: THIS PATCH IS NOW INCLUDED IN V 1.35 DOWNLOAD
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: OUT NOW: East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On (LWM 1.3) << DOWNLOAD HERE >>
Wow, once again our modders have hit a home run.

Just installed it: it's beautiful, runs perfectly. It's mind boggling how much work you guys have poured into this. A heartfelt thanks from me to everyone who had a hand in its development!
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
02-10-2013, 12:55 AM,
Looks good guys! Thumbs Up

Respect

Cheers6

HSL
02-11-2013, 03:36 AM,
Thanks guys! Wine

Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 06:25 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: OUT NOW East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On (LWM 1.3) << DOWNLOAD HERE >>
Update 1.34 - Medical Units

Here they are, together with a scenario to test them out!

[Image: MedicsatHango_zps85d65fa7.png]

1) Disable the EF:FB mod using JSGME,
2) Drop the contents of the zip attached to this post into John Tiller Campaign Series\East Front\MODS\EF - East Front Forgotten Battles\East Front
3) Allow for overwrite
4) Enable EF:FB

That's it! Let me know what you think Helmet Smile

My special thanks for Jason Petho providing me with the platoon file encryptions, and Mike Amos and Stefan / call sign Panther for their help on bitmaps. Idea of medics by John Given, and Stefan who had them already at Cold War mod as it happened.

Included in the 1.35 download