• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LWM 1.2: Hitler assassinated, Germany sues for peace!
06-30-2012, 04:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 12:28 AM by Crossroads.)
News  LWM 1.2: Hitler assassinated, Germany sues for peace!
The BBC *) has just learned that in a series of truly astonishing events over the course of last night Hitler has been assassinated by a timed explosive device at his 'Wolf's Lair' bunker. Following his death, numerous leading Nazi thugs have been captured and sent to gallows or imprisonment. A civil government based on surviving Weimar Republic politicians is now established and are suing for peace, with US and the rest of Western Allies accepting the terms!

[Image: Headquarters.jpg]

This would "absolutely not have been possible under such a short timespan if not for a detailed plan existing with Western governments included in the action", BBC *) sources within the government, who prefer to remain anonymous, report.

*) The Blitz Broadcasting Company

All over Germany, Nazi symbols have been destroyed, and the Weimar Republic flag has been again introduced as the national symbol.

[Image: Bases3d11.jpg]
Graphics art by Mike 'Warhorse' Amos

Worryingly, Generalissimos Stalin has been left out of the plan, or more likely: had not agreed to it. In a furious speech delivered this morning, Gen. Stalin has condemned the "decadent Western governments", whom he accused of "treasonous acts against an agreed consensus of allowing no separate peace with Nazi Germany.".

Generalissimos Stalin vowed to "liberate Europe from fascist neo-imperialism", and vowed the Red Army will "not stop before river Elbe, if even then".

[Image: stalin.jpg]

Reports of clashes between Soviet vs US and British forces, supported by elements of German army, have not been confirmed. There seems to be footage suggesting this indeed is the case, as this aerial recon picture the BBC got hold of would indicate:

[Image: LWM12ScrShot.jpg]

In other words,

East Front II like you've never experienced it before!

Battle Kat Entertainment together with Warhorse Productions proudly present:

"Thunder in the North", now with a sequel of "A Storm in the East",

Lapland War Mod 1.2, with Allied Germany

I have just had time to sort out bugs the size of New Jersey out of it, but I am sure some glitches remain. Let me know and I will fix them. Also, do let me know if you have ideas to improve this further, although I estimate LWM 1.3 will not be out before September earliest. But why stop here? Your continuous co-operation appreciated! Helmet Smile

Don't be shy! Rather than being a new game, this is "just" an enhancement of East Front 2. The mod installs and de-installs literally in seconds with the help of a graphical user interface of the Generic Mod Enabler utility, you do not need to be a computer wizard to make it work:

- Download the Zip
- Drop the contents into /John Tiller Campaign Series folder
- Double click on the JSGME.exe and activate the mod!

A detailed installation guideline available in the LWM sub-forum

[Image: JSGMELWM12.jpg]

My special thanks to [Image: 5f0731aa075_IMAGE_avatar.jpg] for his continuous support of this little adventure! Salute

Enjoy! Helmet Smile

Link to download available on my signature, below.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2012, 08:34 PM,
RE: LWM 1.2: Hitler assasinated, Germany sues for peace!
Respect4 Kudos Petri! Respect3

Respect

Great stuff! Your enthusiasm and hard work shines! Music Man

Cheers5

HSL
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2012, 09:58 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: LWM 1.2: Hitler assassinated, Germany sues for peace!
Thanks Ed, it has been a ton of fun!

Read2 Write TEEHEE

Hopefully the mod gathers a larger interest now, with the US, UK and Allied Germany available to East Front.

What really would tickle me pink would be the introduction of new scenarios using the mod. Helmet Smile

I put a quick guideline for new designers, to combine the various discussions we've had so far: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=62169

I will be having an on-off July - early August as far as JTCS is concerned. I will put emphasis to my tournament games, and with any spare time I will try to help Boisforas with his RS Indochina need. Eric: I should be available for that in two weeks time I hope.

Meanwhile, I hope to see new LWM scenarios out there! Cheers6
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-01-2012, 01:47 AM,
I love the story line Battle Kat. Thumbs Up

A very interesting topic that should easily be a hit!

Good Luck with it and let Patton lead the way!

[Image: 176c164eecmad.gif]
07-02-2012, 11:08 PM,
Hey Petri: Smoke7

You are a "marketing" fellow after my own heart! ;)

Nice job of salesmanship and enthusiasm for your Mod! Big Grin

The storyline alone should generate enthusiasm among CS players!

Keep up the good work! :)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-03-2012, 12:11 AM,
Looking at the random battle generator, there is no Axis Soviet.

Jason's US vs Soviet battles are in 1946, IIRC, and cannot be generated. I was hoping that your mod had the ability to generate a battle in 1945 like your screenshot.
07-03-2012, 02:33 AM,
Thanks guys for your comments Helmet Smile

I'll ask Mike Amos about making Soviet vs US dynamic battles possible. He helped me in making Allied Finland dynamic campaign friendly so perhaps he can help with this as well!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-03-2012, 06:29 AM,
Ahh, the problem is the game engine, all those countries that can be generated are hard-wired in. Allied Finland is slot 12(Belgium), which is one of them, so is allowable, as is my K'talan, also slot 12. Also, anything above 21 doesn't work in a DCG, UNLESS, it is a sub-country added into the other oob's as attachments, then they will work. You can try to alter one of the existing DCG's that way, that's what I did, to generate battles. There is a document on how to do that. Hope this helps?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-03-2012, 03:41 PM,
Thanks Mike, I think I've got it somewhere.

Axis Russia is country code 24 isn't it (typing from work again, hushhh...) so we may be out of luck then?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM,
It is, but I got them to work in a DCG in the K'talan mod, by attaching slot 24 forces to German units.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/