• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Design guideline for creating new LWM scenarios
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 04:01 AM by Crossroads.)
b_Exclamation Mark  Design guideline for creating new LWM scenarios
Scenario designers welcomed - please join in! Cheers6

SIMPLE GUIDELINES FOR CREATING NEW LWM SCENARIOS

As agreed in a separate discussion, the consensus was to treat any scenarios created with Lapland War Mod as regular East Front scenarios as far as the Blitz Ladder was concerned: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=62027

Some selected quotes:

(06-14-2012, 01:17 PM)junk2drive Wrote: I think the main thing is to prevent people from trying to play a scenario that requires additional files in order to work.

You need the Lapland mod installed in EF in order to play the Lapland scenarios.

(06-14-2012, 07:01 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Finland is part of the war in the east and there is no need for a separate ladder. Even if western allied units are included to make hypothetical scenarios it is still East Front?

That being said, the use of the word ladder may be out of place. As long as the scenarios are JTMCS scale they will fit well within the current system.

cheers

HSL

(06-14-2012, 10:37 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: Smoke7

Each "Lapland" developed scenario could have the following text after the listing of required optional rules; "Requires players to install the Lapland Mod"

And the "Lapland War" currently has its own sub-forum (Under CS Hosted Modifications) with detailed instructions on how to access and download the Lapland Mod.

So, regular EF scenarios they are!

With the above in mind, I'd like to offer a very basic guideline to maintain the LWM flavour to new scenarios and may there be many of them!

(1) All file names should begin with a lwm_ prefix, to separate them from stock scenario files.

- For an example: lwm_hango.oob, lwm_hango.map, lwm_hango.scn, lwm_hango.bmp

(I know: I messed up with my ** Enforcing The Line file names as I got them the other way around...).

(2) All scenario names should end with 'LWM' + [version number].

- For an example: ** Crusaders at Hango LWM 1.1

(3) A new thread should be created for this LWM sub-forum for each scenario.

- To allow for feedback, comments and discussion, and to keep the place alive.

(4) Scenario descriptions should remind playing the scenario requires the mod installed.

[Hango, Finland, some 120 km from Helsinki]: [H2H][FIC][ALL: N VV, (AF optional)] [Requires players to install Lapland War Mod version 1.1 or newer]

(5) Possibly making a wish for new scenarios to be continued to have a name in alphabetical order. A bit of an inside joke, really...

- At the time of writing this, the next scenario would then need to start with "F". This is optional however
Helmet Wink

-- That's it, pretty much? --

Otherwise, just follow the existing CS scenario design and naming conventions as set up in the H2H section!
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=55269

SCENARIOS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF WRITING THIS

** Across River Vuoksi LWM 1.1
** Bitter Kuuterselka LWM 1.1
** Crusaders At Hango LWM 1.1
** Delaying Action At Ylimaa LWM 1.1
** Enforcing The Line LWM 1.1

All included in LWM 1.1 Scenario Pack A download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82769465/LWM%20%...ACKAGE.zip
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply