• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battle Mods
09-30-2019, 06:29 PM,
RE: Squad Battle Mods
(09-30-2019, 05:59 PM)Ironwulf Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 08:22 PM)shorttape Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 09:58 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: Update: I've decided to switch to what I hope is a better file service. Mediafire is lame. The v2 squad battle mods will be unavailable for a brief time during the change over.  

To Be Continued

----
Wrapped up work on the First World War mod and put the finishing touches on 9 other squad battle mod packages I've been working on.

I will be uploading them today for download from my blog over the weekend:)

http://grognardgamer.blogspot.com/

Included in this go around will be a mega pack that contains all 10 mods.

[Image: eb760deb82FWWmodv1.jpg]

What got updated?
- New unit boxes, counters, symbols, & terrain files.
- Subtle enhancements to the weapon/item graphics in Soviet Afghan War.
- Updated objective graphics for all nationalities/factions.
- Period style compass for First World War.
- Sand terrain hexes for desert titles.
- Enhancements to Vietnam/Tour of Duty to better reflect the terrain coloration there.
- Reversed Terrain Tiles for Vietnam and Tour of Duty (Hilltops are light, low ground is dark)
- Updates to City, Town, Village & Industrial graphics for Desert and Jungle terrains.
- Updates to Bunker, Pillbox, & Improved positions to make them less "in the way".
- Enhancements to Broken and Rough terrain types
- Enhancements to Destroyed terrain types to make them easier to recognize (Destroyed wooden structures for instance)
- For unit boxes, I attempted to use actual photographs from the periods defined by the game as backdrops where possible.
- Unit Highlighting received some adjustments for increased recognition in the heat of battle.
- All Airborne capable units have a diagonal split/dual color counter now - something like a UN cavalry symbol.
- In coloring the units and counters, I attempted to stay true to the source color of the unit when the game was released - just shaded and enhanced to add a little complexity and texture.

As always - my mods are original works combined with modified stock graphics.

Feel free to contact me with any technical issues, suggestions, comments, questions or requests. :)

Up next: Ancient Warfare mods. I hope to have a few out over the next 1-3 months.

* I've tested and rapidly vetted each build but with this many mods it would take ages to thoroughly test each one.

* Included is a backup copy of the symbols file should you prefer the stock look and didn't backup the game directory first.^^

hi these look great mods , do you make and post custom scens for this aquad battle seris

Hi and thank you for the compliment - I really do enjoy modding JTS games as much as I love playing them.

I've been going through some life stuff lately (new engineering/consulting database job, a Universal Music recording project, a new girlfriend and possibly a move to a new location in the city where I live, etc), but I hope when things settle down I'll have some time to return to modding. I've also gone through some computing changes lately and i was briefly without a PC - prior to that I had another PC die on me and it took some of my latest work with it - including the WW I mod.

I now use an iMac Pro but I figured out that I could use Microsoft's Remote Desktop app for Mac OS and I can now connect remotely to my PC and run JTS and HPS games just as if I were in front of my Windows machine - works pretty good I have to say.

I'm also gonna guess that JTS games will probably get around to updating the Squad Battles series to Gold standard and some point and I have to say the new graphics they're using already look pretty damn good... so I'm not sure if I'll pursue it hardcore but definitely for fun and personal pleasure when I have the time.

Now that I'm back again, I have some outstanding pbm games to return to!

Best regards,

Ironwulf.

:)
thank you for the respond hope all goes well with the life change , hope to see some new custom scenarios  from your stable ?  the in built scen gen is a challenge , I have used up all the task force 4 scens  .

br steve
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2019, 03:38 AM,
(03-22-2013, 09:58 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: Update: I've decided to switch to what I hope is a better file service. Mediafire is lame. The v2 squad battle mods will be unavailable for a brief time during the change over.  

To Be Continued

----
Wrapped up work on the First World War mod and put the finishing touches on 9 other squad battle mod packages I've been working on.

I will be uploading them today for download from my blog over the weekend:)

http://grognardgamer.blogspot.com/

Included in this go around will be a mega pack that contains all 10 mods.

[Image: eb760deb82FWWmodv1.jpg]

What got updated?
- New unit boxes, counters, symbols, & terrain files.
- Subtle enhancements to the weapon/item graphics in Soviet Afghan War.
- Updated objective graphics for all nationalities/factions.
- Period style compass for First World War.
- Sand terrain hexes for desert titles.
- Enhancements to Vietnam/Tour of Duty to better reflect the terrain coloration there.
- Reversed Terrain Tiles for Vietnam and Tour of Duty (Hilltops are light, low ground is dark)
- Updates to City, Town, Village & Industrial graphics for Desert and Jungle terrains.
- Updates to Bunker, Pillbox, & Improved positions to make them less "in the way".
- Enhancements to Broken and Rough terrain types
- Enhancements to Destroyed terrain types to make them easier to recognize (Destroyed wooden structures for instance)
- For unit boxes, I attempted to use actual photographs from the periods defined by the game as backdrops where possible.
- Unit Highlighting received some adjustments for increased recognition in the heat of battle.
- All Airborne capable units have a diagonal split/dual color counter now - something like a UN cavalry symbol.
- In coloring the units and counters, I attempted to stay true to the source color of the unit when the game was released - just shaded and enhanced to add a little complexity and texture.

As always - my mods are original works combined with modified stock graphics.

Feel free to contact me with any technical issues, suggestions, comments, questions or requests. :)

Up next: Ancient Warfare mods. I hope to have a few out over the next 1-3 months.

* I've tested and rapidly vetted each build but with this many mods it would take ages to thoroughly test each one.

* Included is a backup copy of the symbols file should you prefer the stock look and didn't backup the game directory first.^^
10-10-2019, 03:39 AM,
Ironwulf I tried to download the FIW/1776 mod from: 3DUnits100c111211.zip It doesn't seem to exist there. Is it, like the SB mods temporarily unavailable or is it somewhere else. Thanks, TK