• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Danube Front'85 Opponentes wanted
03-27-2013, 05:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM by goomohn.)
RE: Danube Front'85 Opponentes wanted
Ahh, didn't recognize your nick. I was trying to be cute as if your post was off topic. Looks like you did an OK job. I studied it for all of 10 minutes. As, you see that game never started. If an armored vehicle rolling 30mph over open terrain can move 15 hexes a turn then I'd say you've set it about right. The wastage of MPs for transport/deployment and assault are unnecessarily high. I don't think that is editable. The roads give leg infantry an unrealistic boost in speed. Billed as a game built around armored maneuvers I'd agree it seems to go about half as fast as it should.

Overhauling the MP stats would be necessary to make the game more realistic. Why are their mines deployed around the WP/NATO border in your scenario? Was there a build up of mine deployment before the war began? I like how you edited the ZOC movement multiplier. If it were lower I think armored breakthrough/infantry escape and flanking movements would be better simulated.

Also, just chopping up the map into the 3 fronts and compounding the OOBs would help to make the scenarios reasonable in scope.
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 06:20 PM by Aaron.)
(03-27-2013, 05:47 PM)goomohn Wrote: Ahh, didn't recognize your nick. I was trying to be cute as if your post was off topic. Looks like you did an OK job. I studied it for all of 10 minutes. As, you see that game never started. If an armored vehicle rolling 30mph over open terrain can move 15 hexes a turn then I'd say you've set it about right. The wastage of MPs for transport/deployment and assault are unnecessarily high. I don't think that is editable. The roads give leg infantry an unrealistic boost in speed. Billed as a game built around armored maneuvers I'd agree it seems to go about half as fast as it should.

Overhauling the MP stats would be necessary to make the game more realistic. Why are their mines deployed around the WP/NATO border in your scenario? Was there a build up of mine deployment before the war began? I like how you edited the ZOC movement multiplier. If it were lower I think armored breakthrough/infantry escape and flanking movements would be better simulated.

Tell ya the truth the MP i dont think is high enough especially on the newer units,example i dont think theres a big enough difference between the M1 and T-55 .The terrain modifiers have been modified to which im happy with but could probably use some minor changes. The ZOC movement was not my idea it came from another member which im guessing was cpt cav but have to look back, been a few years. Do you believe its not low enough??? Its at 25 right now

The mines on the border are vanilla................was there no mines or fencing on the border????????????
Rangers Lead the Way
03-27-2013, 06:26 PM,
switched to your thread
03-27-2013, 07:04 PM,
I don't think sticking to topic protocol for a game forum is important at all. But, to get back on topic. Would anyone be interested in playing a 3 player DF85 Danube Front Short HTH campaign? 2 for WP, 1 as NATO. Gunther Sheepdog and I are ready to go.
03-27-2013, 08:18 PM,
In the end i never designed the scenario to go the full length everytime. I put enough time for those games that where close and that needed the extra time but to tell you the truth you can end it in half the time and in most cases should end sooner then the end date
Rangers Lead the Way
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM,
Has this started ?

or are you guys still looking for more ?

There are two of us available for team play.

Helmet Rolleyes
04-18-2013, 06:39 PM,
(04-17-2013, 12:29 PM)The Teacher Wrote: Has this started ?

or are you guys still looking for more ?

There are two of us available for team play.

Helmet Rolleyes

Hi, we are still looking for people to play together.
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM,
I am willing to solo a enemy team of whatever number for Bolt from the Blue 4.7. Will play either side. Yes, Bolt is a huge game. But I have played it many times and my schedule has cleared to allow me to take on another monster. I generally can turn around at least a turn a day. Let me know.
05-11-2013, 01:38 AM,
(05-10-2013, 12:00 PM)Elxaime Wrote: I am willing to solo a enemy team of whatever number for Bolt from the Blue 4.7. Will play either side. Yes, Bolt is a huge game. But I have played it many times and my schedule has cleared to allow me to take on another monster. I generally can turn around at least a turn a day. Let me know.

I don't think that we can follow your turn rithm by we want to play if you wish
05-11-2013, 06:09 AM,
(05-11-2013, 01:38 AM)Gunther Sheepdog Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 12:00 PM)Elxaime Wrote: I am willing to solo a enemy team of whatever number for Bolt from the Blue 4.7. Will play either side. Yes, Bolt is a huge game. But I have played it many times and my schedule has cleared to allow me to take on another monster. I generally can turn around at least a turn a day. Let me know.

I don't think that we can follow your turn rithm by we want to play if you wish

I am sure a team would take longer to return a turn. :) But I can promise a quick return from your opponent!

What will your team be, what side do you prefer, and what optionals? Also, PM me with your emails. Thx.