• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Danube Front'85 Opponentes wanted
03-21-2013, 04:29 PM,
Opponent Needed  Danube Front'85 Opponentes wanted
We want to play a 3 vs. 3 DF'85 Campaign game. We need 3 players.
Thank youHelmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM,
RE: Danube Front'85 Opponentes wanted
(03-21-2013, 04:29 PM)Gunther Sheepdog Wrote: We want to play a 3 vs. 3 DF'85 Campaign game. We need 3 players.
Thank youHelmet Wink

I take it you'd email the scenario off round robin to your fellow commanders before ending the turn? Sounds slow, but seems interesting (and I'd like to reinstall DF85). I'm in!
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM,
(03-21-2013, 05:22 PM)goomohn Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 04:29 PM)Gunther Sheepdog Wrote: We want to play a 3 vs. 3 DF'85 Campaign game. We need 3 players.
Thank youHelmet Wink

I take it you'd email the scenario off round robin to your fellow commanders before ending the turn? Sounds slow, but seems interesting (and I'd like to reinstall DF85). I'm in!

Hey, glad you agree, but we will play with a new mod, script 198 moves, called "The Bolt out of the Blue"
If you do not, you can send in the mail, the mod or game, completely ready.
03-21-2013, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM by burroughs.)
Me too with quite a new born appetite for team games; so far I have been into three - BFTB 4.7 as the NATO player ( currently reloaded ... ), Moscow '42 Klin-Solnechnogorsk operation as the Stavka command and SB P&F Bloody Tarawa as the USMC 2/2 BLT. Happy with either side, but have experience on the WP side if a larger scale taken into consideration ( have been playing the initial WP attack as the red commander against a fellow wargamer here , Dennis the Landser 34 )
Think we should include Austria, the rest to be agreed upon, free to negotiate. The odds are that team game does not get launched anyway just like the last Normandy '44 attempt. We'll see.

Do You mean three players per side? I think that's the optimal number given the workloads and Clausewitzan friction with getting each turn ready, acording to my BFTB 4.7 experience.
03-21-2013, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013, 05:50 PM by goomohn.)
My email address is goomohn (in at) live (dot) com
Installed DF85, patched. Downloaded and installed BFTB 4.7.
You may assign me to whatever formation you wish.
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM,
At the moment, not enough of another player.

List of players: Gunther Sheepdog
goomohn
MARDER1986
burroughs
narkpaul

It remains to determine hand, please write your email in private messages.
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM,
If that's the Bolt from the Blue 4.7 which is to be launched - I thought we were talking about one of the stock DF '85 campaign scenarios, I am in only on the WP side and that is still yet to be seen. It would be good to have some kind of consensus here as to which scenario we would start.

It doesn't take BFTB 4.7 to have the entire theater and I'd say that both the Bolt and "Gottendammerung" scenarios are quite huge so we maight want to reconsider the scenario selection options available. I'd suggest one of the stock or alternate basic DF '85 campaigns.
03-22-2013, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 12:04 AM by Gunther Sheepdog.)
(03-21-2013, 08:32 PM)burroughs Wrote: If that's the Bolt from the Blue 4.7 which is to be launched - I thought we were talking about one of the stock DF '85 campaign scenarios, I am in only on the WP side and that is still yet to be seen. It would be good to have some kind of consensus here as to which scenario we would start.

It doesn't take BFTB 4.7 to have the entire theater and I'd say that both the Bolt and "Gottendammerung" scenarios are quite huge so we maight want to reconsider the scenario selection options available. I'd suggest one of the stock or alternate basic DF '85 campaigns.

If you want the game that we propose is 850610_04sa: The Danube Front - Short Campaign (HTH)
03-22-2013, 12:44 AM,
Good choice, I am in, will fight on either side. I'd say that once we have two full teams - meaning three people per each belligerent - we may start discussing the optional rules. Nevertheless I also deem the whole thing absolutely feasible with the minimal numer of participants as low as four so five that we happen to have gathered already may be enough.
03-22-2013, 12:46 AM,
(03-22-2013, 12:44 AM)burroughs Wrote: Good choice, I am in, will fight on either side. I'd say that once we have two full teams - meaning three people per each belligerent - we may start discussing the optional rules. Nevertheless I also deem the whole thing absolutely feasible with the minimal numer of participants as low as four so five that we happen to have gathered already may be enough.

I agree with youHelmet Wink