• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tigers in CMFI killable
03-19-2013, 07:22 AM,
My 2 Cents  Tigers in CMFI killable
I haven't run across a Tiger in a PBEM (yet), and I certainly wouldn't buy one unless an opponent specifically wanted the challenge of taking one or more out, but FWIW, the HEAT shell fired by a Priest can destroy a Tiger. They're not a match, obviously, but the Tiger isn't unkillable by Allied armour.
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM,
RE: Tigers in CMFI killable
Unkillable,definitely no. You can kill the beasts from close range with bazookas/Shermans,assuming you get enough side/rear shoots. You can also kill it with 57mm AT guns,again,from the sides/rear. In a recent game i took out a Tiger with 155mm arty.

The issue is,at least in CMFI QBs, that,while not unkillable,Tigers will seriously tip the balance in favor of the axis player.
Send this user an email
03-19-2013, 08:31 AM,
RE: Tigers in CMFI killable
I wouldn't argue with them tipping the balance. Anyone who wanted to take one or more ought to signal their intention and even offer their opponent a points bonus, which wouldn't be unrealistic, since in the typical CM size engagement, the Allies (in particular) would be likely to have a fairly shrewd idea what kind of units they were up against.

Personally, if it came down to both players having fun, or myself winning, a fun game would win out every time.