• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tourney Idea
03-14-2013, 06:43 AM,
RE: Tourney Idea
I have a rule suggestion.

Infantry units squad size and smaller can not use bombardment.
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013, 06:49 AM by oldrocky.)

I don't understand what you mean by that. Do you mean they can't call in an arty strike?

[/quote]

03-14-2013, 03:53 PM,
Guys, with all due respect, we are going to kill this tourney under the weight of all the rules that is preferred by each individual. I suggest that Rocky goes ahead with whatever rules he decides on. He is an old hand at this game. I put my faith in whatever rules he decides on because I am sure that by now he will have a good idea of what works and what doesn't.
03-14-2013, 07:57 PM,
(03-14-2013, 03:53 PM)Ratel Wrote: Guys, with all due respect, we are going to kill this tourney under the weight of all the rules that is preferred by each individual. I suggest that Rocky goes ahead with whatever rules he decides on. He is an old hand at this game. I put my faith in whatever rules he decides on because I am sure that by now he will have a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

Voice of reason here. Let's see what Rocky comes up with, I'm excited already.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
03-15-2013, 11:05 AM,
"Infantry units squad size and smaller can not use bombardment"

By that I mean Infantry units can not use their rifles to fire indirect into distance hexes (Z hotkey) "ATTACK A HEX WITH AREA FIRE". Infantry could fire direct and could call artillery and such.
03-16-2013, 01:21 AM,
(03-15-2013, 11:05 AM)Cav Sct Wrote: "Infantry units squad size and smaller can not use bombardment"

By that I mean Infantry units can not use their rifles to fire indirect into distance hexes (Z hotkey) "ATTACK A HEX WITH AREA FIRE". Infantry could fire direct and could call artillery and such.

It is my intention that any unit capable can use Z fire up to 10 hexs. But it will need to be used wisely because of supply problems. Eventually units will need to be resupplied and there will be limited ammo carriers. ( 2 per Co and I imagine that they will be prime targets for the enemy.) Z fire eats up ammo at an alarming rate.

03-16-2013, 08:14 AM,
That sounds like a plan.

Thanks
03-17-2013, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013, 07:15 AM by DoubleDeuce.)
(03-14-2013, 03:53 PM)Ratel Wrote: Guys, with all due respect, we are going to kill this tourney under the weight of all the rules that is preferred by each individual. I suggest that Rocky goes ahead with whatever rules he decides on. He is an old hand at this game. I put my faith in whatever rules he decides on because I am sure that by now he will have a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

I would echo Ratel's sentiments. The simpler you keep this the better chance it stands of going the distance.

03-30-2013, 02:08 AM,
Hi Men.

I have been traveling for 3 weeks and about a week and a half ago my laptop failed. I'll continue with developing my tourney idea when I return home in a few weeks.
03-30-2013, 08:30 PM,
Just dropped in & this sounds interesting, just a thought or two based on my understanding of what you are trying to achieve.

With the exception of integral artillery such as mortars most should be offboard & the CG should assign from the pool to the various maps as he sees fit.

Same could apply to air support perhaps limiting the CG to XX amount of sorties, use them early or save.

Also as a slight balancer if a side losses ground it might get extra ammo resupply options due to its supply route not being extended.