• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tourney Idea
02-27-2013, 03:33 AM,
RE: Tourney Idea
(02-25-2013, 07:56 AM)jadpanther Wrote: Sounds like a gread idea...........I would participate if there is room for me.

Jad

Of course Jad. If enough interest is shown I'll submit the Rules of Engagement and Victory Conditions to Weasel for his perusal and guidance in setting up/running a tourney.

Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:51 AM,
You can count me in also.
02-28-2013, 06:42 AM,
I like it... the ideia that we can´t obtain victories at any cost, that we need to save resources to the next round, very good
03-03-2013, 08:49 AM,
(02-24-2013, 12:39 PM)oldrocky Wrote:
(02-24-2013, 12:35 PM)Gila Wrote: Like the concept and would give it a go,but are there enough willing and eager participents anymore for this project?
You might do a poll first before putting too much effort in it.

Optimally I would like 5 players per side. Do you think that many dedicated players remain? When looking at OP-B tourney I would think Yes.

That be right.
If you build it,they will come,alot work however.
03-04-2013, 07:51 AM,
I would enjoy this fresh idea. Let me know if you have room.
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM,
Maybe time for me to get back into the action again. Count me in.
03-08-2013, 01:23 PM,
Ok. I'll submit the rules of engagement which actually will be a little bit more involved than usual because we are looking for historical realism in this tourney. For instance: All arty units firing from same battery/section must designate same target hex, 500 meter ( 10 Hex ) Z fire limit , The Commanding General (CG) must issue orders only from information gained from written reports from his subordinates, ( he may not examine battle maps in progress ), and more.

I shall progress with this idea in due time, time which is limited at the moment but expected to expand soon.
03-12-2013, 08:27 AM,
How about in order for arty to fire upon another opponents arty, player must have LOS. This would eliminate firing at smoke you most like would not normally be able to see or where a unit becomes visible because its firing repeatly.
03-13-2013, 05:16 AM,
I am willing and able, sounds like fun.
Send this user an email
03-14-2013, 12:00 AM,
(03-12-2013, 08:27 AM)july Wrote: How about in order for arty to fire upon another opponents arty, player must have LOS. This would eliminate firing at smoke you most like would not normally be able to see or where a unit becomes visible because its firing repeatly.

In the interest of historical accuracy your suggestion, although appreciated, would not apply because in WW2 fire direction teams were used to locate enemy arty locations. These teams used a variety of sophisticated techniques such as: sound, direction, flash, trajectory, etc.