• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Would like some opinions on some games
02-23-2013, 07:25 AM,
RE: Would like some opinions on some games
bulge is great-small area to manage and this is the key, imo: A TON of unique units for both sides...you have easy 8s, jacksons, fireflys (max alt with inclusion of XXX Corps) calliopes, m10s, jagpanzers, paras, big cats, kings, jagpanthers, on and on and on. You got A all the way down to D qual units on both sides. A real jumble of units and the terrain is all jumbled as well. A great game with the add ons that you can get from Vm's site.
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 09:04 AM,
Well I would like to thank the few gentlemen who gave me their opinions. It looks as if raizer has made a good point. Bulge has all the goodies a player always wants so I'm sold! I'm going to buy Bulge next payday.
02-23-2013, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 09:41 AM by Liebchen.)
CarnageINC, I'm just curious. I can't really make out what your avatar says.

What is it and where is is from?
02-23-2013, 09:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 09:37 AM by saradog.)
I personally like Meeting Engagements. The first several turns of these type of scenarios allow me to get a feel of the battle and the units involved, thereby allowing the addition of more and more units without having to constantly refer to the jump map to figure out where my troops are and what they are/were doing.

For those reasons S41 and K43 are my favorites.
02-23-2013, 10:14 AM,
(02-23-2013, 09:18 AM)Liebchen Wrote: CarnageINC, I'm just curious. I can't really make out what your avatar says.

My avatar is from 1-64th Armor Battalion Crest. Its the armor group I'm affiliated with. The 64th (then known as 758th) was the first all black American armor group formed. The motto says "We Pierce".

I'm very proud of my service time in that unit, very elite group of tankers I served with back then. Helmet Wink
02-23-2013, 12:59 PM,
(02-23-2013, 10:14 AM)CarnageINC Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 09:18 AM)Liebchen Wrote: CarnageINC, I'm just curious. I can't really make out what your avatar says.

My avatar is from 1-64th Armor Battalion Crest. Its the armor group I'm affiliated with. The 64th (then known as 758th) was the first all black American armor group formed. The motto says "We Pierce".

I'm very proud of my service time in that unit, very elite group of tankers I served with back then. Helmet Wink

"Death Before Dismount!"
02-23-2013, 01:02 PM,
(02-23-2013, 12:59 PM)mooreshawnm Wrote:

"Death Before Dismount!"

TANKERS!
02-23-2013, 03:58 PM,

Very cool. Thanks.
02-24-2013, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013, 01:27 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
All black tankers? From ww2? I do remember reading somewhere about a TD unit or two or more, but not tank unit. Can you shed some more light on this? I'm always looking to save money for a good book on interesting unit histories. I know I can google it, and will, but like to know some personal opinions as well.
02-24-2013, 02:48 AM,
Sure, I remember some about the unit history. I'm not sure if their ever was a book written about them or not. That's something to Google for sure.

758th fought in Italy in 43 and that's the only front they seen in WW2. They were the first army unit (or one of the first) to integrated whites into the unit. They did that before they fought in Korea. By then they were redesignated 64th Armor Rgt. They fought several actions in Korea till the end in 53. They, of course, fought in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Desert Storm is were 1-64th AR BN got the name "Desert Rogues".

I learned all that stuff about the crest and history before my various military boards I went to. Its good to know that stuff about your units history IMO. The info on the crest is interesting as well.

The black fighting African elephant represents two things, the history of 'heavy' armor that goes back to ancient times and the black stature of the unit at the time of formation. The 2 white tusks represent the 2 white officers leading the unit at formation. There is more to the crest than the shield you see but its all good stuff to know.