• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Blitz's Combat Rules for QBs[draft]
11-25-2014, 01:57 PM,
RE: The Blitz's Combat Rules for QBs[draft]
Since King Tigers are not specifically mentioned in the suggested house rules (below) are they in or out?1)
Pre-planned arty strikes are forbidden in meeting-engagements or for the defending player in an attack-defense battle.
2) The axis player isn't allowed to purchase more than 2 Panthers/Tigers/JagdPanthers in a medium QB;the limit is 3 if it's a large QB.
3) The axis player isn't allowed to buy Tigers if the game played is CMFI.
4) The allied player isn't allowed to purchase more than 1 rocket battery.
5) At least 25-33% of your available points must be spent on infantry.
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 12:00 PM,
(11-20-2014, 02:12 AM)Toblakai Wrote: Thanks to eniced73 (FGM) for sharing this bug:
“They (BFC) did not fix the bug with swapping out crews in tanks though. You can still dismount your crew during setup and tell any other soldiers to get in and drive your tank. If this crew bails during the course of your game just call on the original crew to man up the tank again.”

I made a little test
A Panther G early with best settings: 546 Points
A Panther G early with worst settings: 231 Points
A Straggler Squad (10 men) with best settings: 67 Points

So you can buy a better crew for less points or I am wrong?

Using this bug should declare to cheating!

[EDIT]
The bug is only in CMRT

"..on the original crew.."

save your test and load the game, original crew back in the tank, nor can you use the crew from another tank
02-02-2015, 04:16 PM,
(02-02-2015, 12:00 PM)Tripps Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 02:12 AM)Toblakai Wrote: Thanks to eniced73 (FGM) for sharing this bug:
“They (BFC) did not fix the bug with swapping out crews in tanks though. You can still dismount your crew during setup and tell any other soldiers to get in and drive your tank. If this crew bails during the course of your game just call on the original crew to man up the tank again.”

I made a little test

[EDIT]
The bug is only in CMRT

save your test and load the game, original crew back in the tank, nor can you use the crew from another tank

Sorry, but I don’t understand. What you mean exactly?
02-03-2015, 10:24 AM,
(02-02-2015, 04:16 PM)Toblakai Wrote:

I made a little test

[EDIT]
The bug is only in CMRT

What I mean is, if you create a scenario, and bail out your conscript crew, and then mount an elite 5 man straggler squad, they will load into the tank and you think you have a bargain/found a bug.

When you go to actually play the scenario however, the original crew is back in the tank.

In game, you can bail out the crew, but you cannot load anyone but the original crew into that tank, even a different crew of the same type cant load.
02-03-2015, 04:03 PM,
(02-03-2015, 10:24 AM)Tripps Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 04:16 PM)Toblakai Wrote:

I made a little test

[EDIT]
The bug is only in CMRT

What I mean is, if you create a scenario, and bail out your conscript crew, and then mount an elite 5 man straggler squad, they will load into the tank and you think you have a bargain/found a bug.

When you go to actually play the scenario however, the original crew is back in the tank.

In game, you can bail out the crew, but you cannot load anyone but the original crew into that tank, even a different crew of the same type cant load.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here. We are talking about the setup phase.

Example: You can buy at a QB a Panther with worst settings for 231 points (with best settings it costs 546 Points) and buy a Straggler Squad (10 men) with best settings for 67 points. In the setup phase you can bail out the original tank crew and put the Straggler Squad (5 men after splitting) inside the tank. So you will have a Panther with best settings for 264.5 points. Test it Helmet Smile
02-03-2015, 07:16 PM,
ok, figured out the miscommunication - i knew what you were saying, but my test proved you wrong - but - I just noticed you just said 'quick battle whereas I realised I was creating a scenario, and what i said above holds true, in a scenario... sooo i tested the theory in QB.

And wow - you are correct, in a quick battle, this can be done - so i am a little bit staggered to say the least..
do you think the soldiers are driving around in the tank better than actual tank crewmen?
02-03-2015, 08:59 PM,
(02-03-2015, 07:16 PM)Tripps Wrote: do you think the soldiers are driving around in the tank better than actual tank crewmen?

I don't think that the program code makes any different between the skills of an infantry squad or tank crew (of course I don’t know it). The elite foot soldiers will be the same good tank driver than the original tank crew. And of course they should Helmet Smile
Trautman: You're the last of an elite group. Don't end it like this.
Rambo: Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million-dollar equipment.

This is a bug in the system that no one should use in H2H battles.
02-04-2015, 03:21 AM,
Indeed and it has been reported so I am sure it will get fixed eventually. In the mean time I guess we need to just be good :)
02-04-2015, 03:41 PM,
(02-04-2015, 03:21 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Indeed and it has been reported so I am sure it will get fixed eventually. In the mean time I guess we need to just be good :)

The ways of BFC's bugfixing moves in mysterious ways Helmet Smile But this is another theme. Here we are talking about rules for QBs. Sure the most players won't use this bug, but sometimes it's better to write it down and share it with all players. Just a kind of prophylaxis Helmet Wink
02-05-2015, 01:16 AM,
Sure, perfectly resonable.

Although it reminds me of something my son said to us once when he was four. I cannot remember what the issue was but I remember telling him not to mention XYZ because it would upset person A. He teared up and said "I would never have thought to say anything but now I cannot stop thinking about it". Poor guy:-)

It still makes me laugh though. Him too now that he is older.